Waived: Travis Hamonic on wavers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I have no clue what or who this source is, but until I hear or read something from a source routinely vetted/posted on HF Boards, or even regular media, I would take this with a massive grain of salt.

It also doesn't help the credibility of this "report" when they also inject their own opinion into the "news".

It sounds like a source that has no way of validating the statement so because no ones said he is then he probably isn’t.

Too many rumors to generate follows, likes and attention and not enough facts.

D4ngleSZN

Sep 26, 2021
Biggest diva in the NHL. Hopefully Canucks dont cave into his demands and he can be a loner at home without NHL pay

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Biggest diva in the NHL. Hopefully Canucks dont cave into his demands and he can be a loner at home without NHL pay

It’s not up to him anymore. Canadian government wants all nhl players to be vaccinated. Now it’s a double standard because if he wants to play in the states where that rule is not in place yet than it means he won’t be able to see his kid for at least an entire season since he will not be showing up for any Canadian games unless he brings his kid with him.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
It’s not up to him anymore. Canadian government wants all nhl players to be vaccinated. Now it’s a double standard because if he wants to play in the states where that rule is not in place yet than it means he won’t be able to see his kid for at least an entire season since he will not be showing up for any Canadian games unless he brings his kid with him.
Sounds like he had a pretty easy option to avoid all of this and made a choice. Is what it is.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Sounds like he had a pretty easy option to avoid all of this and made a choice. Is what it is.

you mean retirement?

his contract should be null and void if Jim Benning knows what he's doing. We have a player that literally refused to show up, and we shouldn't even have to pay him off one single penny, similar to how San Jose got away with Evander Kane's salary totally off their books.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Like everyone here I know very little about Hamonic's case, other than previously he has been doing all he can to protect his child with immunity problems.
It makes no sense at all he would be anti-vax. More likely he is worried the league letting some not be vaxxed if they play in certain country.

Not to mention you can still get COVID while vaccinated, you just (likely) won't get as sick as those non-vaccinated.

So the problem is, he could get COVID and then pass it on to his child with the auto-immune issues. So maybe he just feels it's better not to be around a group of people (his teammates and his opponents) every night who may or may not be practicing very good safety habits.

Reactions: McHaNugYakEbNurDra

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
In that last Benning presser it seemed like there was more to it than simply an anti-vaxx thing. It could be kid related or something for all we know.

Reactions: BlueSeal

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Not to mention you can still get COVID while vaccinated, you just (likely) won't get as sick as those non-vaccinated.

So the problem is, he could get COVID and then pass it on to his child with the auto-immune issues. So maybe he just feels it's better not to be around a group of people (his teammates and his opponents) every night who may or may not be practicing very good safety habits.
In this case he should’ve opted out on October 1st. I don’t think anybody would take issue with it.

right now he either needs to show up to the AHL soon to honour the contract he signed or accept a mutual contract termination so both parties can move in a different direction.

Reactions: Fatass

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Anti-vaxxers are embarassing, like flat earthers.

I don’t want to go down the rabbit hole but they aren’t the same things. If you were discussing the polio vaccine I’d agree 100%. FYI - I did get the vaccine but I see a legitimate argument against it that isn’t as idiotic as ignoring all proof that the earth is round. I know his kid has issues. I don’t know what else is going on with his health or the health of other family members. There could easily be something unknown here. Also, as far as people suggesting that he should come out and make a statement, I don’t think he should be obligated to publicly discuss his own health if that’s the case.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
A lot of people are crushing this guy without knowing any facts. We can all try to read the tea leaves, but there are possible scenarios here where he isn’t just being a pain in the arse.
I prefer reading the coffee beans. Smaller in details.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Ah, the false equivalence fallacy. Where logic and reason go to die.

6.64 BILLION doses of a covid-19 vaccine have been administered globally.

That number is written as such: 6,640,000,000. In total over 47% of the global population have been vaccinated. 6.64 billion people is the entire population of the USA 20 times over.

If that sample size number isn't great enough to convince people "on the fence", nothing on this green earth will. Because at that stage, you're not someone who can be reasoned with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad