Waived: Travis Hamonic on wavers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
He's almost certainly unvaccinated. And he is likely feeling pretty hypocritical about it considering his opt-out and his daughter and too embarrassed to make a statement. If it was family reasons, I'm sure he or his agent would have released a statement in order to stop these rumors.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
So much speculation, so little proof of peoples opinions.
sooooooooooo
Canucks put training camp no-show Travis Hamonic on waivers | Regina Leader Post

The top-four defenceman has not shown up to Canucks training camp and his absence is related to the league’s vaccination protocol. Players may be unvaccinated but are subject to restrictions that would make it impractical to play in all arenas. If unable to play due to local arena restrictions, the player can be suspended without pay.

Reactions: HipsCzech

Mark9988

Aug 29, 2021
I can't believe MB isn't all over this,

Waiver wire is his favorite place to shop

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
He's always seemed like a headcase, to be honest.

He's very emotional - I don't think anyone would deny that. And it does seem like that is making for pretty incoherent decision making. I don't know what is going on with him, but no matter what it is, it's very difficult to understand signing that contract, and then not attending camp. And *he* doesn't have to be totally educated about what rules are coming - that's what agents are for. So despite his reputation (and he's got a very good reputation among NYI fans, and I'm one), I don't see how he avoids fair criticism. And given his incoherence, it's hard not to lend credence to some of the speculation.

Reactions: Natey

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
He's almost certainly unvaccinated. And he is likely feeling pretty hypocritical about it considering his opt-out and his daughter and too embarrassed to make a statement. If it was family reasons, I'm sure he or his agent would have released a statement in order to stop these rumors.
Maybe there are other players/staff who are unvaxed and he doesn’t want to risk being around them because of his daughter.
Everyone is so quick to jump to unproven conclusions and point fingers and judge others now a days.
Wait til the truth comes out, then judge… until then… it is what it is

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Maybe there are other players/staff who are unvaxed and he doesn’t want to risk being around them because of his daughter.
Everyone is so quick to jump to unproven conclusions and point fingers and judge others now a days.
Wait til the truth comes out, then judge… until then… it is what it is
The fact that he wants to play for a US team and not for a Canadian one is all you need to know about his vaccine stance. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck its a duck!

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
the entire Canuck community, including members in the MEDIA here speculates it could have to do with vaccination requirements for players to play as for NHLers in Canada. (as you know Bertuzzi will be missing all Canadian games). It's not "reported" we are all familiar with rumors and so for. If it's a family issue the Canucks will grant him leave but right now he is currently waived. We haven't forgotten he also bailed out on the bubble playoffs in 2020.
Yeah I guess people are owed their privacy but this seems a bit off. Him missing the bubble (which didn't require vaccinations) made it seem like he was scared of the virus and how it could affect him/his family. But then he played the next season, but now is stepping back when there is a vaccine? Most of the guys only missing this year seemed quite open about their opinion on the vaccines via their social media so it wasn't that hard to figure out the reason. Hamonics just seems confusing. I guess to each their own he can make and live with his own decisions.

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
The fact that he wants to play for a US team and not for a Canadian one is all you need to know about his vaccine stance. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck its a duck!

Where was this reported? I thought he was potentially going to play for the AHL, but didn't see any indication he was asking to play for an American team. Last preference I heard from this player was that he wanted to play in Western Canada only.

Reactions: hn777 and BatVader

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna

This statement is also just a RUMOUR...Hamonic nor his agent NOR the Canucks have revealed the reason for his absence. But they all know WHY he is staying away, something NOBODY else does know but won't STOP the TROLLS from SPECULATING!

This is all coming to a conclusion soon, until then focus on something in your own life to consume all that spare time you have...

Reactions: BatVader

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Where was this reported? I thought he was potentially going to play for the AHL, but didn't see any indication he was asking to play for an American team. Last preference I heard from this player was that he wanted to play in Western Canada only.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
This statement is also just a RUMOUR...Hamonic nor his agent NOR the Canucks have revealed the reason for his absence. But they all know WHY he is staying away, something NOBODY else does know but won't STOP the TROLLS from SPECULATING!

This is all coming to a conclusion soon, until then focus on something in your own life to consume all that spare time you have...
That is what 80% of HF boards is, just speculation! Almost every discussion on most of the topics follow this same path. Now you have an issue with "rumors" being posted? I guess we should rename the Trade "Rumors" section to just trades eh?

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
That is what 80% of HF boards is, just speculation! Almost every discussion on most of the topics follow this same path. Now you have an issue with "rumors" being posted? I guess we should rename the Trade "Rumors" section to just trades eh?
If you can't see the difference between posting about rumors and speculation in regards trades and transactions as opposed to people religious beliefs and medical decisions idk what to tell you. Once upon a time when this board was better moderated such things weren't allowed.

Reactions: BatVader

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
If you can't see the difference between posting about rumors and speculation in regards trades and transactions as opposed to people religious beliefs and medical decisions idk what to tell you. Once upon a time when this board was better moderated such things weren't allowed.
There are multiple rumors that states he is not vaccinated nor wants to be. I mean some of these people have their ears more the situations that we do and they are stating it as such.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Interesting. Guess we'll see where this lands.

Yeah it’s cuz in the Central and Metro divisions he’d only miss 7-8 games instead of around 30 in Vancouver.

Thing is does anyone want to give away assets to put themselves in this situation. I honestly thought waivers would have been the best chance of him moving, but we’ll see.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
he now wants a trade to play in the US after just signing a deal with the Canucks. Why can’t both sides agree to terminate the contract and he’s now free to pick which team and city he would prefer to play for?

Reactions: Erub ot Ynligom

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
It always cracks me up when people get so offended over other posters speculating on a forum about a public person. :laugh:

Pretty happy that the Hamonic to Winnipeg thing didn't happen at this point!

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
he now wants a trade to play in the US after just signing a deal with the Canucks. Why can’t both sides agree to terminate the contract and he’s now free to pick which team and city he would prefer to play for?

Because he knows he's not going to get another $6 million contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad