Training Camp Thread - First round of Cuts Made (10 players)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

officialmark*

It's nothing new that Dion isn't the sharpest tool in the shed...

Stupid of him to wire it at Polak point blank in a scrim.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Can't disagree, but players do lose their focus at times.

I think he was trying to get something going for his team, but certainly in a scrimmage with everyone trying to get up to speed you don't want to lose someone who is supposed to be a key player due to another player getting frustrated.

Polak? did give him a look, that IMO read, what's your problem man? Others might have another take on it.

Not a big deal until someone loses an eye. ;)

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I think we may see far more players coming in and out of the line-up on D than in past years - we may see Granberg, Tallinder, and maybe even Loov briefly if he keeps impressing...

Not a Percy fan so can't comment but nice to see some options for Leafs on defense.

Franson is gone for the right deal - can't believe they were gonna trade with Mtl though - I want him in the west.

Drakkor

Apr 21, 2007
I think we may see far more players coming in and out of the line-up on D than in past years - we may see Granberg, Tallinder, and maybe even Loov briefly if he keeps impressing...

Not a Percy fan so can't comment but nice to see some options for Leafs on defense.

Franson is gone for the right deal - can't believe they were gonna trade with Mtl though - I want him in the west.

Nope, i'd want him paired with Subban. :)

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I'll give full props to Bibeau, he's got a good streak going there. Certainly seems like he'll be able to battle for Marlie spots.

Even if it is just scrimmages, pretty good job so far.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I'll give full props to Bibeau, he's got a good streak going there. Certainly seems like he'll be able to battle for Marlie spots.

Even if it is just scrimmages, pretty good job so far.

Ya not sure how much stock to put in these 3 games but Bibeau certainly looks much stronger and more confident in net than Gibson.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Ya not sure how much stock to put in these 3 games but Bibeau certainly looks much stronger and more confident in net than Gibson.

The thing is you want both Sparks and Bibeau to play a lot.

I think you're better served giving Bibeau full time starting minutes in the ECHL and Sparks the starting gig with the Marlies.

Gibson can back up the Marlies okay. I just wouldn't want to see Bibeau left on the bench.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
@HennyTweets: Nylander and Verhaeghe have scored in game # 2. 2-0 White early. #TMLtalk

@HennyTweets: Jonathan Bernier has yet to allow a goal in 2 days.... Just denied Phil Kessel and Carter Verhaeghe in back to back shifts. #TMLtalk

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
@sunhornby: Nylander still on LW with Kessel and C Petri Kontiola. The kid said he played that wing a lot growing up.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Wonder who Verhaeghe is playing with? Liked his game in the rookie tournament a lot.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
@sunhornby: Nylander still on LW with Kessel and C Petri Kontiola. The kid said he played that wing a lot growing up.

The way I see it, they are testing him on wing because that is where he has a chance to make the team. The camp right now is all about making the team. No matter where the management want to see him in the future, he was always going to be a winger at this camp.

If they decide to give him more time to develop, I'm pretty sure they'll at least look at developing him at center.

Writing this since I know a lot of people are wondering about the whole situation with Nylander's position.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
@HennyTweets: Morgan Rielly goes crossbar and in on Chris Gibson. A seeing-eye shot and White leads 3-0. #TMLtalk

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Can anyone give me an update on how Tallinder and Kontiola look out there?

I know Tallinder coughed up a puck on one of the goals, I forget who scored it, he fumbled/got stripped of the puck and other team scored.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Wonder who Verhaeghe is playing with? Liked his game in the rookie tournament a lot.

I really like Verhaeghe also. The kid will never be your flashy Center but watching him I can just see the hockey IQ. A very solid pick for us. I look at a lot of Leaf players over the years and often say what are they doing? This kid seems to know what he is doing. Quietly effective.

As for Nylander, everyone hopes he will be a center but I see a better fit for him as a right shooting left winger. a Jordan Staal type center between Nylander and Kessel with Kadri the playmaker on the 2nd line with big bodied players.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
@HennyTweets: Spencer Abbott gets an empty-netter. 4-0 final White. #TMLtalk

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
@HennyTweets: Bernier and Bibeau perfect through 2 days. The Scimmage-Vezina winners. #TMLtalk

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

Doesn't look like Phaneuf is all that pleased with a pairing with Polak as he has an early dislike on for him.

Save it for the opposition Dion, as Leafs can't afford friendly fire injuries before the season even starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad