News Article: Training camp starts. Camp discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Is this a TC conversation or who has the best colgate smile..jebus ;)

Anything much happening in TC this year? any open scrimmages or such worthy of note that people can go to?

No Joey cup I presume but will they have some scrimmage games like they sometimes do? I think in the past they've even had 4 teams and have informal semis and a final. Is that happening?

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Is Caggiula hurt or something? Doesn’t look like he’s on a line at practice.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Training camp is started,
San Jose gets Karlsson, LV got MaxPac and the Oilers are going in without Nurse.
getting harder and harder to be optimistic for the season.

you forgot LA got Kovalchuk. I'm here to help;)

The Oilers will be better this season. So will most of the other divisional clubs.

Somehow I'm thinking though that SJ is loaded heavy on the D end. Always felt they needed another reliable producer. They bog down offensively at times in my mind. They already got D that can log huge minutes and control games. Its upfront they need some help. I don't get it.

Giggli G

Sep 8, 2006
Dude is the biggest mouthbreather I've seen...

He can barely say 5 words without stopping to breathe. He needs to get a septoplasty and whatever else is needed so he can breathe through his nose. I guarantee this is affecting his abilities and his brain. I could care less if he stops dropping the mitts, he can be a physical presence without fighting and we need him to be a top 6 forward.

Mouth-breathing is strongly associated with all sorts of negative physical and psychological effects.

Caleb Jones had similar surgery last year BTW. TBH, I was already a nosebreather but I had a septoplasty earlier this year and it's life-altering.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Some people might consider this a pretty random thread but Nuge has a similar problem.

Basically any time either of these players talk I want to clear my nose and sinuses on their behalf. Having chronically blocked nose is not ideal for athletic performance. To that end I'm kind of amazed it doesn't get more attention.

Drai has a lot of congestion as well.

For some it would be a matter of just clearing out sinus cavities.

Tend to know some of this from personal experience. For me all I had to do was address my sinus conditions. Made a lot of difference and does change the way you breathe etc.

But I agree Looch has had multiple broken noses and theres probably little air passage left.

Reactions: Giggli G

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Would it kill one of the media members to get a picture of Talbot's and Koskinen's gear?

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
I grew up in Saskatchewan. Since I moved to Calgary, I have become a mouth breather because of the lack of humidity.

When I travel (especially Houston or South America), I can notice a change in my voice after a couple of days.

Reactions: Giggli G

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
It's the sensible way to start. Continue with what was working last year with 97's line, give Lucic every opportunity to rebound while giving the German's likely what they want, let 3line be a softy scoring line so Strome isn't too exposed as a centre and your left with the most obvious 4line possible.

By the time the year starts, it will probably be way less predictably thrown together.
It's the predictable way to start....

I wonder how long the leash for Lucic will be. They spent the better part of 1/2 a season trying to get Lucic going last year, often to the huge detriment of the rest of his line. We can't afford to give him all the games in the world to get going again.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I'm really interested to see what kind of affect Puljujarvi using shorter stick.

It will be harder for him to play without contact. He'd reach out a lot last year. Poke around with his stick and therefore didn't engage physically. Harder to do that with a shorter stick.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
That will actually be good, because he's been needing to be more physically engaged, it will likely make him more effective.

I couldn't agree more. This is exactly what Jesse needs...to be more engaged...not less engaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad