News Article: Training camp starts. Camp discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
McLellan hints at these lines to start off camp and preseason:

RNH - McDavid - Rattie
Lucic - Draisaitl - Rieder
Caggiula - Strome - Puljujarvi
Khaira - Brodziak - Kassian

Reactions: Louis Cypher

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton

RNH - McDavid - Rattie

Switch Khaira and Caggs and i'm content with those lines. Will likely have a few changes by the time the season rolls around.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

RNH - McDavid - Rattie

Benson is better than Caggiula right now, don’t get the obsession with him from Chia and TMac.

Our winger depth is just bleak right now when you look at it on paper. Man oh man.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Benson is better than Caggiula right now, don’t get the obsession with him from Chia and TMac.

Our winger depth is just bleak right now when you look at it on paper. Man oh man.
well, our D depth is something lol

Klefbom Larsson
Jerabek Benning
Gravel Russell
Or possibly Russell-Bear/Bouchard

Nurse makes it better but I'm still at a loss at how this group was okay according to Chiarelli

Reactions: ToeMcDrag83

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017

This. I'm really hoping Benson can win a spot this year. His passing and vision is insane.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton

RNH - McDavid - Rattie

It's the sensible way to start. Continue with what was working last year with 97's line, give Lucic every opportunity to rebound while giving the German's likely what they want, let 3line be a softy scoring line so Strome isn't too exposed as a centre and your left with the most obvious 4line possible.

By the time the year starts, it will probably be way less predictably thrown together.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
pool party behind rattie and rieder on the 3rd line? Stupid. Cue all of the 'he has to earn it!' comments. The guy should be on the 1st or 2nd line right out of camp.
What I got from that clip was that the coaches wanted to go with that combination, and that also Pulju wanted to play with Strome.

Also, when it comes to the first line: Todd is right here, he took advantage of the opportunity he got last season. I don't know anyone who'd break that up seeing as it was working. At least it needs to be tried, in a month or so we'll know if it was just a fluke or not I guess. If it was then obviously Pulju is a good option for that position.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I wouldn't read too much into the lines at this point. Keeping Aberg and Yamamoto (and even Benson) out of the lineup to have just to have all grinders seems like a bad idea.

Also, if you're going to run a Lucic and Drai, then I think you need another big body to round out that line, not Rieder.

Lucic-Draisaitl-Kassian/Khaira

If you're running Rider with Drai, then you need to go with another speed/skill guy...

Rieder-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi/Aberg/Yama/Caggiula/ect

I don't think having one of each is going to lead to an effective combination, even with Drai driving the line.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
With upshall failing his test obviously the chiasson pto now makes sense
Really don't think the two have anything to do with each other. There were rumblings off and on all summer about bringing a couple guys in to give us different looks.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Just listened to some interviews. I got especially exited from Lucic's mood, not so much though on McLellan's.

Really enjoyed that Lucic interview. He seems legitimately happy to be back at the rink and with the guys. He's a good guy, really rooting hard for him to turn it around after all the vitriol thrown at him (including from McCupofOil himself).

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Really enjoyed that Lucic interview. He seems legitimately happy to be back at the rink and with the guys. He's a good guy, really rooting hard for him to turn it around after all the vitriol thrown at him (including from McCupofOil himself).
I thought the same thing. Even that Draistil character was smiling, which is so odd. Not sure if it's a German thing or what. Saw some posts of him throughout the summer and it's as if someone took his dog or something.

Kind of wish Caggiula wouldn't smile though.

Reactions: PulYou

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
I love hearing RNH's comments about McDavid. Even as a veteran, he didn't hide the fact that he thought about it all summer about how bad he wants to play on McDavid's wing. I'm predicting a career year out of Nuge.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aerrol

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

RNH - McDavid - Rattie

I hope they switch Cagguila and Khaira. I dont mind if they start JP on the third line but I hope they give him some quality PP time to start the preseason.

Reactions: PulYou
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad