News Article: Training camp starts. Camp discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Where can I find the list of who is left? Lowetide saying 29 players left.

Just off the top of my head:

RNH-McDavid-Rattie
Lucic-Drai-Yamamoto
Khaira-Strome-Puljujarvi
Rieder-Brodziak-Kassian
Chiasson-Aberg-Caggiula
McLeod

Klef-Lars
Nurse-Benning
Russell-Bouchard
Jerabek-Bear
Garrison

Talbot
Koskinen
Montoya

That’s 28... not sure who I’m missing. Unless the lowetide piece was before Marody getting sent down and Upshall getting released.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
:facepalm: They probably aren't planning on keeping Jerabek, but you can always recall Gravel if you send either of them back or down(Bouchard & Bear), that's why you sneak him down now.
Yeah, I got that...Didn't need the face-palm..I simply meant that he may get picked up, and if Bear or Bouchard aren't ready, you're down a decent bottom pairing you already signed for that particular reason.
Not the end of the world but the sensitivity around D should be high right now for this team.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london

RNH-McDavid-Rattie
Lucic-Drai-Yamamoto
Khaira-Strome-Puljujarvi
Rieder-Brodziak-Kassian
Chiasson-Aberg-Caggiula
McLeod

Klef-Lars
Nurse-Benning
Russell-Bouchard
Jerabek-Bear

Talbot
Koskinen
Montoya

That’s 27... not sure who I’m missing. Unless the lowetide piece was before Marody getting sent down and Upshall getting released.

Garrison and Sekera??? I don't know who is the other person.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

RNH-McDavid-Rattie
Lucic-Drai-Yamamoto
Khaira-Strome-Puljujarvi
Rieder-Brodziak-Kassian
Chiasson-Aberg-Caggiula
McLeod

Klef-Lars
Nurse-Benning
Russell-Bouchard
Jerabek-Bear

Talbot
Koskinen
Montoya

That’s 27... not sure who I’m missing. Unless the lowetide piece was before Marody getting sent down and Upshall getting released.

Sekera still counts I think since he's not on LTIR yet, so that's 28.

Reactions: nexttothemoon

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Surprised Marody went down, but I suspect they don't think he'll make the team now, so they want him to have a strong start to the AHL season, I was happy with his performance in camp, personally.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013

RNH-McDavid-Rattie
Lucic-Drai-Yamamoto
Khaira-Strome-Puljujarvi
Rieder-Brodziak-Kassian
Chiasson-Aberg-Caggiula
McLeod

Klef-Lars
Nurse-Benning
Russell-Bouchard
Jerabek-Bear
Garrison

Talbot
Koskinen
Montoya

That’s 28... not sure who I’m missing. Unless the lowetide piece was before Marody getting sent down and Upshall getting released.

Pretty good off the top of your head! Must be counting Sekera because they are saying 10 D, not sure who #10 is.

Going to the game on Saturday so I am glad to see a lot of these guys getting cut. I am hoping to see mostly guys that will be on the team come October.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Sekera still counts I think since he's not on LTIR yet, so that's 28.

That’s the one. Couldn’t figure it out haha.

Have to say I’m surprised Garrison is still around. He’s Gryba slow.

The way things are shaking out there’s no way we’re going 8D - suddenly we have a boatload of forwards. 16 guys that can play at this level.

I wonder if we see a trade along the lines of Aberg/Caggiula/Kassian for a youngish bottom pairing defenceman.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
If they’re keeping Bear up I really hope they plan on using him on the point on the PP. adds a whole dynamic that’s missing and makes our PP easy to defend. Keeping him on the roster and not utilizing one of his biggest strengths would be a waste.

After that clapper last night I think it’s very likely he’ll be used on the pp.

Bear had his best game in an Oiler uniform last game and deserves a long look.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
Nuge-McDavid-Rattie
Lucic-Drasaitl-Yamamotto
Reider-Khiara-Pulujarvi
Caggiula-Brodizak-Kassian
Aberg-McLeod-Chiasson

Are the Forward lines today. Strome isn't on the ice.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Just seems like a situation where they're planning on doing the Termination waivers, imo.
If they were planning on terminating his contract (something he needs to agree to...) why would they even want to sneak gravel down to the minors? We’d need him here as the #6 or 7.

Reactions: nabob

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
If they were planning on terminating his contract (something he needs to agree to...) why would they even want to sneak gravel down to the minors? We’d need him here as the #6 or 7.
Do you actually not actually understand why? Or you just trying to generate some weird thing about Jerabek being kept around and the team being dumb? Because it's fairly obvious to me why, if you consider Gravel somewhere around 7/8 in your depth chart, and he has to clear waivers, you waive him now to sneak him down now.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I wonder if Strome could be trade bait given Khaira and Mcleods play?

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Seems as if Mclellan knows he's on thin ice if he doesn't put together a lineup that gets the Oilers off on their best foot forward. Kids outplaying vets getting rewarded instead of playing favorites. I like it already.

The way it should be. Wakeup call to guys like Caggiula, Kassian and Aberg.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Do you actually not actually understand why? Or you just trying to generate some weird thing about Jerabek being kept around and the team being dumb? Because it's fairly obvious to me why, if you consider Gravel somewhere around 7/8 in your depth chart, and he has to clear waivers, you waive him now to sneak him down now.
I genuinely don’t understand your logic. Why would you expose a guy to waivers if you need him to be your extra dman once they magically get rid of jerabek? I suppose if you think garrison would be the #7 I guess?

More likely imo, is that they gave jerabek a million dollar contract because they think he’s an NHL player and aren’t going to turf him after a few preseason games no matter how bad he’s been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad