News Article: Training camp starts. Camp discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Consider my words on Lowe to be eaten. Glad they finally pulled the trigger.

Gravel is interesting, he's been way better than Jerabek.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Gravel is legit and would be a good #7, definitely better than players who remain on roster. Par for the course in Oil land.

Reactions: McDrai

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Somehow I beat the system and doubleposted the same post simultaneously. Take that, hfboards software...

I noticed Gravel last year when the Kings were so depleted on D. Pleasantly surprised that we landed him, and not surprised at all that we waived him.

Last edited:

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
They must've liked what they saw from Jerabek in the NHL last year, because he's been noticeably bad in the preseason.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
RE Lowe: I think if you had taken a step back from your position you would have easily seen this coming.
It was inevitable.
You mean if anyone had actually thought about with any semblance of a rational thought? No kidding, "you people" are dreadful when you get yourselves going.

Lowe was never going to make this team, that much was quite clear.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
If they’re keeping Bear up I really hope they plan on using him on the point on the PP. adds a whole dynamic that’s missing and makes our PP easy to defend. Keeping him on the roster and not utilizing one of his biggest strengths would be a waste.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
You mean if anyone had actually thought about with any semblance of a rational thought? No kidding, "you people" are dreadful when you get yourselves going.

Lowe was never going to make this team, that much was quite clear.

Yeah...he is a bubble NHL player on a 2 way contract. This shouldn't surprise anybody.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
They must've liked what they saw from Jerabek in the NHL last year, because he's been noticeably bad in the preseason.

I have to say that this years version of Jerabek doesnt look anything like what I saw last season.

There must be a nagging injury or something. I just dont get whats up with him so far.

There has to be more to this story.

Reactions: ujju2

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
If they’re keeping Bear up I really hope they plan on using him on the point on the PP. adds a whole dynamic that’s missing and makes our PP easy to defend. Keeping him on the roster and not utilizing one of his biggest strengths would be a waste.

I highly agree, Bouchard has been getting the shine as he should but people need to realize Bear has some offensive game to offer as well.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
I have to say that this years version of Jerabek doesnt look anything like what I saw last season.

There must be a nagging injury or something. I just dont get whats up with him so far.

There has to be more to this story.

they might be trying to sneak Gravel thru waivers now rather than as a last cut when teams would be more apt to claim him.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
the might be trying to sneak Gravel thru waivers now rather than as a last cut when teams would be more apt to claim him.

Good point. That makes sense to me.

Still doesnt explains Jerabeks crappy playing though. :D

Reactions: nabob

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I highly agree, Bouchard has been getting the shine as he should but people need to realize Bear has some offensive game to offer as well.

I’m guessing the plan is to have Bouchard stay up for a trial of 9 games or less and then call Bear back up to play with Russell on the bottom pairing while getting some PP time. This is of course assuming we don’t pull of a trade for a player like Faulk. My biggest concern with this is who is going to be the RHD on the second pairing as I don’t trust Benning with that ice time.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
they might be trying to sneak Gravel thru waivers now rather than as a last cut when teams would be more apt to claim him.
It's a dangerous game to play. It's not like they have an abundance of bottom pairings that can hold their own at the moment. If Bouchard goes back and Bear doesn't cut it, you're in trouble again.
I don't trust Jarabek at all...

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
It's a dangerous game to play. It's not like they have an abundance of bottom pairings that can hold their own at the moment. If Bouchard goes back and Bear doesn't cut it, you're in trouble again.
I’m guessing there will be players on waivers at the end of the cuts who have similar abilities to Gravel if it comes to that.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
:facepalm: They probably aren't planning on keeping Jerabek, but you can always recall Gravel if you send either of them back or down(Bouchard & Bear), that's why you sneak him down now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad