News Article: Training camp starts. Camp discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
They should just cut to the chase... get it down to these 28 names asap and make the final few cuts over the next couple games... and be ready with their NHL roster for the last 3 games of camp before they head overseas...

Talbot
Koskinen
Montoya

Larsson
Klefbom
Nurse
Russell
Benning
Bouchard
Gravel
Jerabek
Garrison

McDavid
Draisaitl
RNH
Lucic
Strome
Rieder
Brodziak
Puljujarvi
Khaira
Rattie
Caggiula
Kassian
Upshall
Yamamoto
Chiasson
Aberg

Pretty certain that's the way it ends up anyway... so accelerate the pace and get the chemistry brewing for opening night vs Jersey on Oct 6th.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
They should just cut to the chase... get it down to these 28 names asap and make the final few cuts over the next couple games... and be ready with their NHL roster for the last 3 games of camp before they head overseas...

Talbot
Koskinen
Montoya

Larsson
Klefbom
Nurse
Russell
Benning
Bouchard
Gravel
Jerabek
Garrison

McDavid
Draisaitl
RNH
Lucic
Strome
Rieder
Brodziak
Puljujarvi
Khaira
Rattie
Caggiula
Kassian
Upshall
Yamamoto
Chiasson
Aberg

Pretty certain that's the way it ends up anyway... so accelerate the pace and get the chemistry brewing for opening night vs Jersey on Oct 6th.

I want to see more of Benson and Mcleod.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Meh.

Nuge was 167 lbs and was carried by Hall. Also cheated a lot for offense.

It should have been obvious he was gonna get shredded going up against Kopitar and Getzlaf.

Nuge hadn't really contributed to wins. We basically ended up bottom 5 team whenever he was relied on to be our #1C.

Yak... well? His confidence was obliterated. What we did obviously did NOT work.

Kinda surprised you would double down on that option in a do-over.
Nuge was the best Oiler and was lights out till his injury in his rookie season and was at near ppg pace when he went down , people have short memories

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

Talbot
Koskinen
Montoya

Larsson
Klefbom
Nurse
Russell
Benning
Bouchard
Gravel
Jerabek
Garrison

McDavid
Draisaitl
RNH
Lucic
Strome
Rieder
Brodziak
Puljujarvi
Khaira
Rattie
Caggiula
Kassian
Upshall
Yamamoto
Chiasson
Aberg

They'll keep extra bodies in TC because of the Euro trip. After that then you'll see mass cuts.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Talbot
Koskinen
Montoya

Larsson
Klefbom
Nurse
Russell
Benning
Bouchard
Gravel
Jerabek
Garrison

McDavid
Draisaitl
RNH
Lucic
Strome
Rieder
Brodziak
Puljujarvi
Khaira
Rattie
Caggiula
Kassian
Upshall
Yamamoto
Chiasson
Aberg

Honestly...I will be very surprised if Kassian is still with the team on Oct 6th. With the cap situation the way it is Kassian is just too expensive for what he brings.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Ill never forget watching the WJC during the lockout season. The one RNH completely dominated and I kept on thinking how superior he was to Schiefele in every single aspect of the game. Like it wasnt even close.

Nuge with a little more confidence can still be the creative magician who had better vision than Gretzky. Its in him somewhere. I hope he has a career year such a great player and person.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Ill never forget watching the WJC during the lockout season. The one RNH completely dominated and I kept on thinking how superior he was to Schiefele in every single aspect of the game. Like it wasnt even close.

Nuge with a little more confidence can still be the creative magician who had better vision than Gretzky. Its in him somewhere. I hope he has a career year such a great player and person.
Nuge was so far ahead of everyone in that WJC and he was doing it with a shoulder injury. Scheifele was busy diving all over ice during that tournament. Embarrassing to watch.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

giphy.gif

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Yup it really was, crazy to think how much he has grown since then. I remember him missing so many chances RNH set up for him as well.
He was the same at the World Cup. He was 2018 Lucic next to McDavid and Matthews.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Hey...I am not saying that RNH doesnt have great vision...he most certainly does, Smart player as well.

I just think a statement like 'better vision than Gretxky' is ridiculous. If in fact a scout actually said that he should hang his head in shame.

Reactions: TB12

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Hey...I am not saying that RNH doesnt have great vision...he most certainly does, Smart player as well.

I just think a statement like 'better vision than Gretxky' is ridiculous. If in fact a scout actually said that he should hang his head in shame.

Didnt mean to come off as rude. It was a joke that many Oilers fans (including myself) used back in the day. Nobody compares to Wayne in that regard, no denying that.

I believe the actual quote was something like "RNH has the best vision since Gretzky" and then when he broke out as a rookie Gretzky agreed with that statement - or something along those lines.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Didnt mean to come off as rude. It was a joke that many Oilers fans (including myself) used back in the day. Nobody compares to Wayne in that regard, no denying that.

I believe the actual quote was something like "RNH has the best vision since Gretzky" and then when he broke out as a rookie Gretzky agreed with that statement - or something along those lines.

Gretz was probably the one who said RNH has better vision than him haha.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
A little birdie told me that the organization is really impressed with McLeod and it’s very possible that he gets a few games at the start of the year.

If mods are curious as to source please feel free to PM.

Last edited:

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
A little birdie told me that the organization is really impressed with McLeod and it’s very possible that he gets a few games at the start of the year.
That's what I thought the Stauffer tweet a few days back was alluding to. Not that he's comparable to Bergeron and ROR, but that there's precedence, albeit rare, for a fresh 2nd round draft pick making the NHL out of his first camp.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
That's what I thought the Stauffer tweet a few days back was alluding to. Not that he's comparable to Bergeron and ROR, but that there's precedence, albeit rare, for a fresh 2nd round draft pick making the NHL out of his first camp.

Particularly one with a late birthday like he has

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Love that he's impressing enough to warrant that consideration. It'll be interesting to see how he fares against a real NHL team, but I'd love nothing more than for him to force our hand and keep him around.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Love that he's impressing enough to warrant that consideration. It'll be interesting to see how he fares against a real NHL team, but I'd love nothing more than for him to force our hand and keep him around.

Been a long time since a non first round player legitimately left the Oilers no other choice. Has it ever happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad