News Article: Training camp starts. Camp discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
100%. It's a major shame that we can't send McLeod to the AHL. I feel like with his size and speed it would be the best place for him to develop.

I agree.
I would actually like to see McLeod and Bouchard in Bakersfield this season.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Blue team was Koskinen and Montoya, White was Talbot and Starrett. I think they each played half so it might of been Starrett getting smoked.

Also apparently the line of

Benson - McLeod - Aberg

Looked super good. Good mix of speed, skill and size.
Starrett and Montoya played the first half from a picture I saw. Both of them and Talbot let in two goals each, Koskinen one, and the last goal was an empty netter.

Edit: Talbot didn't play in the scrimmage. Starrett let in 4 of the 5 I guess.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I've watched Gravel tons before so its a little funny seeing hockey bloggers speaking about him as if he's an import from a unseen league. Jebus, he has substantial NHL games with a high profile club.

yeah, the guy can play, welcome to Gravel.

Reactions: Cloned

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I'm really pulling for Aberg because he has the speed and skill to help this team and I really hope the coaches have a clean slate attitude and don't shove him in the doghouse because of his stupidity last season.

Fresh slate for everyone to get this team up to the max level to perform hard right out of the gate with zero preconceived notions about certain players based on past behavior and performances.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
So despite not having McDavid Team Blue (team Koskinen) won the scrimmage. It will be interesting to hear reports on the goaltending.
So much for McDavid being unstoppable this year.. couldnt beat a rookie goalie and half a squad. ;)

Reactions: guymez

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
Sounds like kings fans were happy with him prior to his health problems last year.
He could surprise after getting healthy and training all summer.
I've watched Gravel tons before so its a little funny seeing hockey bloggers speaking about him as if he's an import from a unseen league. Jebus, he has substantial NHL games with a high profile club.

yeah, the guy can play, welcome to Gravel.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Okay, I will be THAT guy and call out what everyone wants to know.. soo how was Lucic today?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
The whole team probably looking over their shoulders a bit more than usual. Less comfort zone this season. Probably a good thing although this could relate to players being tense once the season starts.

One gets the feeling of a whole bunch of emotion and need to show better, positive, but this too is a timing thing. After last season nobody was going to be coming in here without bells on. The thing is how long does the motivation last, and does it.

Continue to tune into this Oilers station to see all the future episodes and plot and if Harry really did marry Sally.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The whole team probably looking over their shoulders a bit more than usual. Less comfort zone this season. Probably a good thing although this could relate to players being tense once the season starts.

One gets the feeling of a whole bunch of emotion and need to show better, positive, but this too is a timing thing. After last season nobody was going to be coming in here without bells on. The thing is how long does the motivation last, and does it.

Continue to tune into this Oilers station to see all the future episodes and plot and if Harry really did marry Sally.
If the guys stay motivated and that leads into them playing well and Talbot/Koskinen are a top 15 tandem I think it'll last. McDavid won't slow down. Our penalty kill will be better so they won't have that to deflate them.

That said motivation can last...don't know about health and ability lol

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Based on just their draft year stats, size and birthdates I would rank them like this if I were drafting them all in the same theoretical draft vs this 2018 draft year prospect pool:

Benson ~10th
Rattie ~40th
McLeod ~40th

You would've taken an 18-year-old Tyler Benson at 10th overall this year?

Last edited:

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I'd rather have the team be tense, motivated and with a collective feeling that they have something to prove to themselves, to each other and to the coaches and fans as well after last season's ass-kicking.

Last season I felt they went into the season feeling content, loose and had a gentle stroll into the season as if they were going to walk into games and be better than the competition just by skating onto the ice and by the time they realized they couldn't do that it was too late.... especially with the injury issues they had on top of it all.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Yes... that's roughly his level of "goodness" (size/skill) in comparison to this current draft class. I rate Benson pretty highly. He's underrated by most imo because of his injury issues.

Never shy with your prospect hot takes eh? I think that's a pretty absurd call on Benson and I like him quite a bit. The injury issues also absolutely have slowed his development down. You can't just hand wave them away. I'm just hoping he's well and truly past them now. When he lost his teeth at the prospect game earlier I already had a sinking 'here we go again' feeling.

JariCurry

Sep 10, 2005
Yes... that's roughly his level of "goodness" (size/skill) in comparison to this current draft class. I rate Benson pretty highly. He's underrated by most imo because of his injury issues.
I agree. One of the few smart Oilers draft picks (rounds 2+) in recent years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad