Buffalo Bills Training Camp - July 16 (rookies), July 23 (veterans)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Seems pretty straight forward outside of 2 or 3 guys.

I think they keep Grable over Collins.

I also wonder what they do at QB if Mitch is out week 1. Do they keep DiNucci and roster 3 QBs for a couple weeks? Or do they look to the waiver wire?
I was tempted to add Grable - but they do have a tendancy to keep at least one vet within the depth players & Collins has experience of playing both inside & outside albeit badly. Grable is very raw.

If Trubisky isn't ready to go i'd assume they elevate DiNucci or whoever else is at QB3 at that point from the practice squad.

Reactions: NotABadPeriod

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Always keep an eye on the refs and hope we don't draw Shawn Hochuli in a big game like we did last year. Hochuli is more biased against the Bills than Justin Kea is against the Sabres/Amerks

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I "think" they will stick with Trubisky/Denucci but Mike White was released by Mia

Last edited:

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I "think" they will stick with Trubisky/Denucci but Mike White was released by Mia
It's all going to depend on if they think Trubisky is able to backup Josh the first bit of the season. I'm not sure they're 100% confident in DiNucci's ability to be a backup.....White has certainly put together good games here and there.

There might also be other backup-capable QBs released -- specifically, Kyle Allen isn't likely to make PIT's 53-man out of camp.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Seems pretty straight forward outside of 2 or 3 guys.

I think they keep Grable over Collins.

I also wonder what they do at QB if Mitch is out week 1. Do they keep DiNucci and roster 3 QBs for a couple weeks? Or do they look to the waiver wire?
If Mitch is only out a week or 2, I imagine they just use PS call ups on DiNucci or whoever their QB3 is until he's back.

It's all going to depend on if they think Trubisky is able to backup Josh the first bit of the season. I'm not sure they're 100% confident in DiNucci's ability to be a backup.....White has certainly put together good games here and there.

There might also be other backup-capable QBs released -- specifically, Kyle Allen isn't likely to make PIT's 53-man out of camp.
The Browns also have a fleet of backup QBs, at least one will have to go.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Here's my 53 prediction:

QB: Allen, Trubisky
RB: Cook, Johnson, Davis, Gilliam
WR: Shakir, Samuel, Coleman, Hollins, MVS, Shavers
TE: Kincaid, Knox, Morris
OT: Dawkins, Brown, Van Denmark, Grable
IOL: McGregor, Edwards, Torrence, Alec Anderson, Van Pran Granger

DE: Groot, Epenesa, Von, Solomon, Smoot
DT: Oliver, Jones, Johnson, Carter
LB: Bernard, Williams, Morrow, Ulofoshino, Andreessen
CB: Johnson, Douglas, Benford, Elam, Ingram, Hardy
S: Rapp, Edwards, Bishop, Hamlin, Lewis

ST: Bass, Martin, Ferguson
IR/PUP: Milano, Spector, Doyle, Burgess, Delaney

^^That's only 52, leaving one spot for the following bubble guys (who could also be multiple spots if anyone goes on PUP): Collins, Davidson, Hamler, Kingsley, Toohill, Deshawn Williams

Last edited:

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Wow Lamb got paid. I wonder what Aiyuk and Chase will get.

Also - Any WR out there that might get cut worth grabbing off waivers? Considering Claypool and MVS injuries..

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Also - Any WR out there that might get cut worth grabbing off waivers? Considering Claypool and MVS injuries..

McD has been optimistic about Samuel and MVS being ready for week 1. If not, I think Shavers will just step in and we can bring someone up from the PS if needed for a week or two.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN

Burks would be an interesting one I know that has been talked about and has been invisible in pre-season. Seems like they are going into week 1 healthy and Shavers hopefully makes the team, so this is probably moot. Willis and Burks would be a nice cheap add.

Reactions: Selanne00008

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006

Had season-ending injuries in training camp each of the last two years, so hasn't played since 2021, but was productive before getting hurt unlike most of the WRs who are going to get cut...

Reactions: Selanne00008

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Ryan Talbot on the Shout Text Line says that he has a source saying that Tyrell Shavers is getting waived today.

It will be really interesting to see if they have a WR trade.

We're essentially talking about a WR6/special teamer here. Samuel/MVS are not expected to be injured long term.

FWIW i expected Shavers to make the team in that role - but i don't know why people would look towards a big name here. The team has more than enough depth at the position, not to mention there should be more focus on 12 with a healthy Knox & more focus on a strong running game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad