Buffalo Bills Training Camp - July 16 (rookies), July 23 (veterans)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

With 2 second round picks, I would be shocked if Beane didn't move up for an Edge rusher or a WR with the Edge and WR prospects that are in the 20s.

:dunno:
I'm intrigued on what he'll do with that extra 2nd as well. Also, how are our comp picks looking for next year?

One of those second-round picks could net us a really good player at the deadline if one is available. It also makes a third-round pick easier to trade since we have 3 top-60 picks. Or, if some top tier pass rusher shakes loose at the TDL- maybe even parting with a 1st round pick could be on the table depending how the season is going.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'm intrigued on what he'll do with that extra 2nd as well. Also, how are our comp picks looking for next year?

One of those second-round picks could net us a really good player at the deadline if one is available. It also makes a third-round pick easier to trade since we have 3 top-60 picks. Or, if some top tier pass rusher shakes loose at the TDL- maybe even parting with a 1st round pick could be on the table depending how the season is going.

OTC has the Bills getting a 4th for Gabe Davis and a 5th for Leonard Floyd.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
That's pretty nice. Add in an extra 2nd. So an additional 2, 4 and 5. Wow.

They have even more than that due to previous trades:

1st - BUF
2nd - MIN
2nd - BUF
3rd - BUF
4th - BUF
4th - CHI
4th - Comp (Gabe Davis)
5th - Comp (Leonard Floyd)
6th - NYG
6th - BUF

SO, one 1st, two 2nds, one 3rd, three 4ths, one 5th, and two 6ths for 10 picks total.

• Love
Reactions: HOOats

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC

Ben Mintz is writing articles now haha? I like Cook's chances to succeed in Brady's offense, I just don't like the drops/fumbles.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
Ben Mintz is writing articles now haha? I like Cook's chances to succeed in Brady's offense, I just don't like the drops/fumbles.
Nothing bothers McDermott more than bad ball security. This backfield could quickly turn into a 50/50 split if Davis shows that he can protect the football and be a capable receiver. I am not touching Cook at his current ADP in fantasy.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Nothing bothers McDermott more than bad ball security. This backfield could quickly turn into a 50/50 split if Davis shows that he can protect the football and be a capable receiver. I am not touching Cook at his current ADP in fantasy.

Agreed all around. I just wonder if Davis is limited in terms of his size. At 5'8, he's not exactly an easy target for passes out of the backfield and I feel like a RB in Brady's system needs to be a solid receiver.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES

1st - BUF
2nd - MIN
2nd - BUF
3rd - BUF
4th - BUF
4th - CHI
4th - Comp (Gabe Davis)
6th - NYG
6th - BUF

SO, one 1st, two 2nds, one 3rd, three 4ths, one 5th, and two 6ths for 10 picks total.

Damn. That's bonkers. They can really make some moves at this years deadline/in-season and leading up to draft day.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021

1st - BUF
2nd - MIN
2nd - BUF
3rd - BUF
4th - BUF
4th - CHI
4th - Comp (Gabe Davis)
6th - NYG
6th - BUF

Excellent. The Bills could really shore up the defensive and offensive lines with quality prospects, provided Beane doesn't move up. And he could do it without compromising skill positions that still need some help, like receiver.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Whatever happened to that Australian rugby guy we drafted ? Is he still on the roster ? I haven't heard anything

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Whatever happened to that Australian rugby guy we drafted ? Is he still on the roster ? I haven't heard anything
If you're talking about Travis Clayton, he's been hurt since late July. He'll likely be on the practice squad - he has to pass through waivers to get there, but I'd be stunned if someone took him for their active roster at this point, and once he passes through he's a free extra spot on the practice squad since he's part of the overseas development program. He's from England though.

Reactions: VaporTrail

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
They did take 10 guys in the 2024 Draft. So, it won't shock me if Beane takes 9-10 guys next year.
A couple of those picks were really speculative (none more so than Clayton). Again it's too early to properly talk about next year's draft but I'd expect Beane to use some of that ammo for moving up or possibly even a mid season Douglas-esque trade if there's a bad injury.

Reactions: HOOats

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
A couple of those picks were really speculative (none more so than Clayton). Again it's too early to properly talk about next year's draft but I'd expect Beane to use some of that ammo for moving up or possibly even a mid season Douglas-esque trade if there's a bad injury.
Beane likes to move around. So, he could trade a pick at the deadline or trade up in the 1st, and still draft 9-10 guys next year.

• Wow
Reactions: Dingo44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad