Buffalo Bills Training Camp - July 16 (rookies), July 23 (veterans)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I hate breaking up a good thing, but Beane should probably be looking at competition for Spencer Brown next draft. With Josh Allen and his tendency to drift right, it's a position of great potential value, and Brown has been more inconsistent then you'd like. Particularly for someone who's looking at UFA money.
Brown is a UFA after this season.

If they re-sign him, it will because they are sold on him and they will not be investing a significant draft pick into a RT to compete with Brown. The more likely investment in an OT would be DD's eventual replacement. But, I doubt that happens next year unless there is a huge fall off in Dawkins' play in 2024.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021

If they re-sign him, it will because they are sold on him and they will not be investing a significant draft pick into a RT to compete with Brown. The more likely investment in an OT would be DD's eventual replacement. But, I doubt that happens next year unless there is a huge fall off in Dawkins' play in 2024.

They don't need to invest a first or a second round draft pick. I'd reserve those picks for LT or WR like you already spelled out. But I do think they need to add a day three pick with starting potential into the mix, because paying Spencer Brown $10 million a season is perhaps not the best allocation of cap space. I'd much rather invest that in Shakir, Bernard, Benford and Cook.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
They don't need to invest a first or a second round draft pick. I'd reserve those picks for LT or WR like you already spelled out. But I do think they need to add a day three pick with starting potential into the mix, because paying Spencer Brown $10 million a season is perhaps not the best allocation of cap space. I'd much rather invest that in Shakir, Bernard, Benford and Cook.
If they re-sign him for 10 million, I'll do backflips.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
That isn't an option because Brown is a UFA after this year.

They will either be paying him way more than $10M per year in 2025 and beyond or they will need to find a new starting RT next offseason.

Reactions: Zman5778

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I hate breaking up a good thing, but Beane should probably be looking at competition for Spencer Brown next draft. With Josh Allen and his tendency to drift right, it's a position of great potential value, and Brown has been more inconsistent then you'd like. Particularly for someone who's looking at UFA money.
This is why Lael Collins was signed IMO

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
They're definitely not trying to bring in competition for Brown. The Bills view him as a very good RT. Beane took a victory lap about trusting his eval in Brown during a recent episode of the athletic football show. Their only hesitancy in making him a top 10 paid RT is probably the injury history. My guess for his contract:

4 years, 60 million with 30 million guaranteed at signing.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
They're definitely not trying to bring in competition for Brown. The Bills view him as a very good RT. Beane took a victory lap about trusting his eval in Brown during a recent episode of the athletic football show. Their only hesitancy in making him a top 10 paid RT is probably the injury history. My guess for his contract:

He definitely fed me my crow last season. I thought he be a detriment on the line last season, but he was pretty damn good.

Reactions: Husko

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC

People who prefer a calzone make me question their character. A calzone eater can't handle the bold flavors of a normal pizza and needs to dilute it with more dough. This is a hill I will die on.

• Haha
Reactions: Jim Bob and Dingo44

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Collins isn't real competition for Brown. Collins is a "break in case of emergency" guy at RT. Wouldn't shock me if he's a gameday scratch most weeks, if he makes the roster.
I haven't followed the mini camp they have recently held in great detail - but i know enough to say that Collins isn't making the roster.

Every single report I've heard/read is {insert DL} had a great day lining up against Collins.

That would be considered cheap. Look at the contracts given out to OL in recent years. It's not only the elite LTs making top money now days...

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
People who prefer a calzone make me question their character. A calzone eater can't handle the bold flavors of a normal pizza and needs to dilute it with more dough. This is a hill I will die on.
Maybe it's a US/UK thing - but i find it to be the other way around. Calzone's have more of a filling than regular flat pizzas.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
That looked pretty good, though I prefer regular honey to hot honey.

I like to spread a layer of honey on the dough before I put the sauce on, and on the crust too (before baking). If you ever make your own pizzas try it some time. I’m telling y’all… it’s soo good!

These are my favorite to make flat bread pizzas:

(you can get them way cheaper locally)

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I haven't followed the mini camp they have recently held in great detail - but i know enough to say that Collins isn't making the roster.

Every single report I've heard/read is {insert DL} had a great day lining up against Collins.

That would be considered cheap. Look at the contracts given out to OL in recent years. It's not only the elite LTs making top money now days...
15 per year feels about right to me given his injury history and lack of elite production. It would slot him around #10 RT in the league which feels about right? But I agree if he goes all the way to UFA (as opposed to signing this year) and has a good season, he could easily push 20.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
15 per year feels about right to me given his injury history and lack of elite production. It would slot him around #10 RT in the league which feels about right? But I agree if he goes all the way to UFA (as opposed to signing this year) and has a good season, he could easily push 20.
It's a tough one.

The player will presumably want to sign later after what he hopes will be another productive season.

The team will presumably want to sign later due to the injuries & the fact he's only had one good season.

But we know Beane loves to sign his own guys & he has always had stiffy for Brown. I do hope that Beane becomes a little less trigger happy at throwing money around, given the cap problems he's currently having to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad