Buffalo Bills Training Camp - July 16 (rookies), July 23 (veterans)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
The articles on Allen’s throwing motion are mind boggling. To play through that injury at the level in which he plays is insanity.

He is so damn good, which is why I’m not too worried about WR. He will get the best out of whomever they put on the field.

Yeah, anyone who thinks he needs Diggs (or any receiver) to make him look good is off their rocker. No doubt Diggs helped Allen when he was younger and still growing into the player he is, but he’s a top 3 QB in the world now. He’s the one making everyone around him look good now, not the other way around.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Yeah, anyone who thinks he needs Diggs (or any receiver) to make him look good is off their rocker. No doubt Diggs helped Allen when he was younger and still growing into the player he is, but he’s a top 3 QB in the world now. He’s the one making everyone around him look good now, not the other way around.
Mahomes and the Chiefs offense was pedestrian at best for most of last season because their receivers couldn't get open. Receiver talent matters. We might be just fine with what we have, and I hope we are, but there's definitely a universe where teams are playing press man against us and Allen is having to do magic because no one can get separation.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Mahomes and the Chiefs offense was pedestrian at best for most of last season because their receivers couldn't get open. Receiver talent matters. We might be just fine with what we have, and I hope we are, but there's definitely a universe where teams are playing press man against us and Allen is having to do magic because no one can get separation.
Your bring up a legit concern, though I'm less.worried about Samuel getting open underneath. But If everybody is playing both press man and 2 high safeties, the Bills run game will absolutely feast. I'm genuinely hoping that having MVS and Keon on the outside will keep teams running 2 high. So, given the Bills dynamic run game, playing press man is yielding ground in the run game for the defense. You can't cheat in every direction.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Your bring up a legit concern, though I'm less.worried about Samuel getting open underneath. But If everybody is playing both press man and 2 high safeties, the Bills run game will absolutely feast. I'm genuinely hoping that having MVS and Keon on the outside will keep teams running 2 high. So, given the Bills dynamic run game, playing press man is yielding ground in the run game for the defense. You can't cheat in every direction.
They've taken a lot of dart throws here between MVS, Claypool, Samuel, Coleman, and bringing back Shakir. Just need to hope a couple of them work out.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
They've taken a lot of dart throws here between MVS, Claypool, Samuel, Coleman, and bringing back Shakir. Just need to hope a couple of them work out.
In all of these posts, I don't see the name Dalton Kincaid.

A team doesn't trade up in the 1st round to take a tight end, when they already have a good receiving tight end, if he wasn't going to factor into the passing game in a big way.

Coleman and Samuel are good talent acquisitions to the receiving corps. And Shakir was emerging last season.

If teams play press man against the Bills, that's 4 coverage personnel at the LOS, plus someone to cover the RB, plus cover 1. That leaves 5 rushers on 5 blockers at the LOS. That would be effective against the run as well, BTW. But if one receiver beats his man, the YAC will be pretty good. And if Allen gets loose, there won't be anyone to stop him until about 10 yards downfield. Unless a team rushes 4 and drops 1 to spy.

If a defense presents that look, there are plenty of ways to beat that defense. Teams play zone because finding man cover corners at the NFL level is hard.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
The thing that makes it worse is- he played a couple of snaps last season. He needs all the reps he can get to gel with his teammates.

The Jets are a pretty hyped up team this year. Some 'experts' have them winning the division. I don't see it. Their O line just won't be good enough to hold it down for an old QB like Rodgers. Add to the fact that he's clearly not hyper focused on winning, and I think another 6-8 season is on the horizon.

Reactions: buffa dud

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
The thing that makes it worse is- he played a couple of snaps last season. He needs all the reps he can get to gel with his teammates.

The Jets are a pretty hyped up team this year. Some 'experts' have them winning the division. I don't see it. Their O line just won't be good enough to hold it down for an old QB like Rodgers. Add to the fact that he's clearly not hyper focused on winning, and I think another 6-8 season is on the horizon.
If their defense plays on the level they played at times last season, they just need adequate play at the QB position to fight for the division title. Add in a running game which should be better, and they will be a very tough out for Buffalo.

It will remain to be seen if Rodgers, who probably is a top 3 all-time pure passer in league history, will have the age and injury bug catch up to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad