Value of: Trading Draisaitl

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Value of malkin threads used to run into the same issue. While hes definitely a star player and those are rarely dealt it's not for the overwhelming overpayments people talk about for a generational player.
The lindros to the rangers deal would be your best pre cap comparison. Its actually what i based my proposal on.
Edmonton gambled on a 1for1 with a star and lost bad so i understand the hesitation. Yet it needs to be accepted that drai will be the best current player in a deal

It doesn’t need to be accepted, because he will not be dealt.

Reactions: Guns n Roses

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Zero trading Draisaitl now anyways. All you asshats that always wanted proof he can drive a line might get your goddamn wish now if McDavid isn’t good to go by training camp.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Poehling would be on pace for 246 goals per season

What would EDM add?

Danrs112

Oct 19, 2017
Said high-priced winger just had a 100 points season. Depending of the ask, Tampa Bay would be completly mad to ignore an offer.

Lol what? Best case Point for Drai is damn near a wash let alone adding Serg and Cirelli.

They'd be mad to entertain the idea.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yeah and I guess you have to a complete homer to think that a guy who has one really strong year is a great player! Keep moving along.
2 top 10 point finishes. Stop embarrassing yourself.

I guess marner isn't a great player, thanks for confirming this.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Edmonton needs to take the patient route with fixing the team, something Chia should have done in 2015 instead of trying to rush everything and force trades that didn't make sense. Right now they have to let their top prospects develop properly and just fix the bottom six going into next season. Draisaitl, Mcdavid, Larsson, Klefbom, Nurse and RNH should be completely untouchable going into next season.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Edmonton needs to take the patient route with fixing the team, something Chia should have done in 2015 instead of trying to rush everything and force trades that didn't make sense. Right now they have to let their top prospects develop properly and just fix the bottom six going into next season. Draisaitl, Mcdavid, Larsson, Klefbom, Nurse and RNH should be completely untouchable going into next season.
The only players who should be untouchable are LD and McD. Doesn't mean that you get rid of players for nothing, but none of the others are special.

Torontoborn

Jan 9, 2019
2 top 10 point finishes. Stop embarrassing yourself.

I guess marner isn't a great player, thanks for confirming this.

Stop embarrassing myself? Yup I guess it takes very little to become a great player. McDavid a great player, Crosby a great player, Ovechkin a great player, Draisaitl not so much. He's a very good player but not a great player. This is his first season where he's a PPG player. Stop embarrassing yourself.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
The only players who should be untouchable are LD and McD. Doesn't mean that you get rid of players for nothing, but none of the others are special.

I think one of Klefbom or Nurse has to be in that category as well. It’ll be important for the new GM to recognize that every team, even bad ones, have good pieces in place that they won’t be made better by moving.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Stop embarrassing myself? Yup I guess it takes very little to become a great player. McDavid a great player, Crosby a great player, Ovechkin a great player, Draisaitl not so much. He's a very good player but not a great player. This is his first season where he's a PPG player. Stop embarrassing yourself.
I guess the only "great" player toronto has is Tavares.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad