Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Updated Capwages a good replacement for CapFriendly. https://capwages.com/

• Close by no cigar

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • It will do until something better

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • I like https://www.spotrac.com/nhl

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I'm dropping another

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Sadly he’ll never amount to anything, not here anyways. Wait until Berube sees how butter soft he is, I don’t see him excelling when the coach despises the way he plays………

And I give him one more full year to make something happen. Stranger things have happened.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Personally I feel for Berube, Money aside I don’t think he actually knows what he’s gotten himself into, and if history repeats itself he won’t really know the true character of this group until the playoffs, not much can be done by then.

Off topic, but are you allowed to shower out there in Cowtown yet or is the communist mayor still rationing your water?

3 minute showers.

Rain barrels without any rain.

Filled 3, 50 gallon garbage pails before our latest restrictions were in place.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
3 minute showers.

Rain barrels without any rain.

Filled 3, 50 gallon garbage pails before our latest restrictions were in place.
I bet public transit is a wonderful experience out there right now, I go wash in the Bow river, screw the mayor………..

• Haha
Reactions: Al14

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
We can get non potable water from a boat launch, but ever tried lifting 40-50 gallons of water out of the trunk of a car :biglaugh:
I’m a kettlebell guy so I assume I would manage, but tell me you live in a high rise and I’d tap out. It’s a shame the way your city’s handled this, I feel for the residents………

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I’m a kettlebell guy so I assume I would manage, but tell me you live in a high rise and I’d tap out. It’s a shame the way your city’s handled this, I feel for the residents………
300 lb. kettlebells?

No, but I have greenhouse, and multiple raise beds to water.
But I don't waste water on lawn, even when we don't have water issues.
Grass, the lawn kind, should be banned in today's climate.

Oh, and hoping Robertson is traded for some sleeper player just waiting to break out in Toronto ...

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
300 lb. kettlebells?

No, but I have greenhouse, and multiple raise beds to water.
But I don't waste water on lawn, even when we don't have water issues.
Grass, the lawn kind, should be banned in today's climate.

Oh, and hoping Robertson is traded for some sleeper player just waiting to break out in Toronto ...
One can wish, but I completely understand him wanting out, this circus isn’t for everyone especially if you’re not being overpaid………

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Zadina off to Swiss National League.

I thought he was going to be a decent player when Detroit drafted him, how wrong I was

If we're looking for a budget LW why not grab JVR? he knows the market, played well for Boston and if our PP goes cold again he's a great net front

That's useful

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It was reported and then quickly reported that he in fact did not.

Thanks for the update. Yeah I saw the PTO flash up and figured we should have been more proactive but I guess it wasn’t a thing.

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
NJ might be a destination for Kampf. He was always a Keefe favorite during their time together. Kampf for Bastian would open up 1.05M for the Leafs this year and 2.4M for the 2 years after. NJD would have ~4.65M to sign Mercer and maintain a 22-man roster.

Bastian can split time with Reaves as 4RW.

Reactions: fahad203

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
2nd from Carolina
Jonatan Berggren
Nils Hoglander

Seem like possible deals but I probably opt for the 2nd if it was offered.
I appreciate and value draft capital, but the timing doesn't like up with our window over the next three or four years. We need someone who can step in and contribute. Hoglander would seem to fill a need more, no?

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Personally I feel for Berube, Money aside I don’t think he actually knows what he’s gotten himself into, and if history repeats itself he won’t really know the true character of this group until the playoffs, not much can be done by then.

Off topic, but are you allowed to shower out there in Cowtown yet or is the communist mayor still rationing your water?
I am quite certain Berube knows exactly what he is walking into. Just being connected with the league would mean that he knows more about what is actually happening than 98% of fans do. On top of this, he was rumoured to be the next Leaf coach soon after he was let go from St. Louis, be was watching this team very closely down the stretch and in the playoffs.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I am quite certain Berube knows exactly what he is walking into. Just being connected with the league would mean that he knows more about what is actually happening than 98% of fans do. On top of this, he was rumoured to be the next Leaf coach soon after he was let go from St. Louis, be was watching this team very closely down the stretch and in the playoffs.
Change the 98% to 100%

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
LOL at the 2 worst examples you could come up with being trading AHL dman Coghlan for future considerations (who was originally acquired along with Pacioretty for future considerations), and the UFA rights to Guentzel for a 3rd instead of letting him walk for nothing.

So what other trades did Tulsky make since being hired? I'm dying to hear.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
If the leafs could turn Kampf + prospects into a 2/3 C to center Robertson and Nylander, then the leafs would have 3 pairs of 2 that could all score 60+ goals

1. Matthews + Domi - 70-80 goals
2. Robertson + Nylander - 70 goals
3. Tavares + Marner - 60 goals

We just need a 3C for Nylander and Robertson and this teams top 9 is utterly insane

Knies Matthews Domi
Robertson _____ Nylander
McMann Tavares Marner
Dewar Holmberg Jarnkrok

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
I appreciate and value draft capital, but the timing doesn't like up with our window over the next three or four years. We need someone who can step in and contribute. Hoglander would seem to fill a need more, no?
The good thing with draft capital is you can flip it with ease.

The list of teams that want Robertson appears to be small. The list of teams that want draft capital has historically been large.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
If the leafs could turn Kampf + prospects into a 2/3 C to center Robertson and Nylander, then the leafs would have 3 pairs of 2 that could all score 60+ goals

1. Matthews + Domi - 70-80 goals
2. Robertson + Nylander - 70 goals
3. Tavares + Marner - 60 goals

We just need a 3C for Nylander and Robertson and this teams top 9 is utterly insane

Knies Matthews Domi
Robertson _____ Nylander
McMann Tavares Marner
Dewar Holmberg Jarnkrok
I still think Willy would be a great C.
Ovie needs a backstrom 2.0, lol. He demands a trade and is retained.
Knies-Matthews-Domi
Ovechkin-Nylander-Marner
McMann-Tavares-Robertson

I kid I kid

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

The list of teams that want Robertson appears to be small. The list of teams that want draft capital has historically been large.

Yea, if we have 2 2nds, we can move both, use 1, trade 1...it just gives us options.

Reactions: conFABulator

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021

Yeah, I meant to include that in my response. If the idea is to flip the pick for a need later this year then that has merit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad