Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Updated Capwages a good replacement for CapFriendly. https://capwages.com/

• Close by no cigar

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • It will do until something better

Votes: 29 54.7%
  • I like https://www.spotrac.com/nhl

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I'm dropping another

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
Yeah, I meant to include that in my response. If the idea is to flip the pick for a need later this year then that has merit.
I honestly wouldn’t mind if they kept two 2nds going into the draft next year. If you look back at the past 2 drafts both Cowan and Danford were projected as mid 2nd round picks but the Leafs took both in the 1st round because they didn’t have 2nd round picks. There’s a good chance they end up with a prospect they would have taken with their own 1st round pick if they draft in the 2nd (although having FLA and CAR 2nds your probably picking in the late 50s).

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Paccioretty just had a full off-season of training and conditioning being injury free, in a long long time.

He would be a great buy low candidate. I think we need to lock this down.

Reactions: supermann_98

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
What is the point of that bottom 6? None of those 4 players create offense on their own. All 4 are good defensively but they'll probably get outscored because no one is creating offense.

McMann should be stapled to Tavares, Dewar-Kampf-Jarnkrok should be a shutdown line.

We are not with a keefe system anymore where you absolutly needed skill to get secondary scoring.

How you create offensive with limited player offensively, working hard on forechecker, driving the net, taking shot from blue line for deflect, rebound, get D involve in rhe offensive side. Something we didn't really saw under Keefe.

Watch Boston line up or tampa line up and please dont tell me they have more skill in their bottom 6 but clearly had a better system to allow to those player to make a difference

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
With Drai signing for $14 mil, this surely means that Marner will only accept $15mil, because that's what Gods should be paid. :sarcasm::laugh:
On the plus side with the Leon extension, there's really no way Marner can make more money then him unless he hits free agency...

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
On the plus side with the Leon extension, there's really no way Marner can make more money then him unless he hits free agency...
He never would anyway.
You'd have to expect he'd come in slightly above Nylander, below Matthews.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Kubalik and JVR are the only other left handed LW options with any realistic potential. Hoffman and Labanc are right handed, but can probably play left.
Think JVR will be good. He still put up points last season as a Bruins

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
We are not with a keefe system anymore where you absolutly needed skill to get secondary scoring.

How you create offensive with limited player offensively, working hard on forechecker, driving the net, taking shot from blue line for deflect, rebound, get D involve in rhe offensive side. Something we didn't really saw under Keefe.

Watch Boston line up or tampa line up and please dont tell me they have more skill in their bottom 6 but clearly had a better system to allow to those player to make a difference
Tampa’s bottom 6 was brutal last year. Eyssimont was the only regular player that won his minutes.

Boston wins because they have great goaltending and good defense. Their bottom 6 is also mores skilled than the Leafs. Geekie and Frederic are more skilled than any forward the Leafs have after their top 6 unless you still count Robertson as a Leaf.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Think JVR will be good. He still put up points last season as a Bruins

One of the areas our team needs to get better at, is team speed. JvR is incredibly slow at this point.

To me... the checklist is... can they put up many points, without being a defensive liability - JvR fails there.
Do they bring any physicality - JvR... no
Do they bring speed. - JvR no.

I mean, it's gotta be some combo of at least two of those...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad