Votes: 2 4.1%
  • I'm dropping another

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Would like to see a Vrana PTO. Not expecting anything from him but if he has finally decided to turn his life around, I'd like for it to be here.

Similar to when they tried Gusev a few years ago, you can just release him at the end of camp if there is nothing there. No risk.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Would like to see a Vrana PTO. Not expecting anything from him but if he has finally decided to turn his life around, I'd like for it to be here.

Similar to when they tried Gusev a few years ago, you can just release him at the end of camp if there is nothing there. No risk.

I could see Vrana and Zadina being Alex Nylander-like flyers. Grab a whole bunch of reclamation junk and see if someone doesn't jump up and give you a Clarke MacArthur type season.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I personally see Keller being on a line with marner and Matthews upping his production and considering his Kellers cap hit (7.150) which is locked in until 2029 where he becomes a UFA is even more savings for us down the road therefore giving us the potential to add in other places as management sees fit.

The 1st and Minten is a sweetener to almost guarantee a trade could be made. I also feel Keller would be worth that fetch considering his line he plays on now with his production and the potential for even further production.
Nylander on a line with Matthews and Marner (or even better, Domi) would produce even more, and Willy's locked in until 2032! The problem is you would be making the second line a lot weaker to make the first line a bit better.

Utah is already getting the better player in the deal - no need to add either Minten or a first, let alone both.

Reactions: arso40

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Assuming Holmberg/Minten are ready to grab the 4C spot, moving Kampf could really open up some opportunity to grab some buriable forward reclamation projects. Hitting on one or two (less likely) of those could really propel the season.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Love to see some offer sheets. I think it's very stupid for teams not to use them because they are afraid of retaliation down the line or a team might not want to trade with them after.

It's a very effective way of potentially getting good players.

Well you need the player to want to sign an offer sheer contract. A lot of players just refuse them, I'm sure it would happen a lot more.

You typically need to overpay and it's not exactly free of charge, it can be a lot of picks to get it done -- especially if you're targetting really good players.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Offer sheet terms from the Blues:

Dylan Holloway, two years at $2,290,457 cap hit. (3nd)
Philip Broberg, two years at $4,580,917 cap hit. (2rd)

Certainly puts the Oilers into a pickle.

That's quite an easy decision to let them walk. I have no idea how Broberg gets 4.5M. I'd easily take the picks here.

I think Holloway is one you could probably match if you really like his trajectory but not really a big deal either way.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
That's quite an easy decision to let them walk. I have no idea how Broberg gets 4.5M.

I'd easily take the picks here.

The picks are only a 2nd for Broberg and 3rd for Holloway as far as I know.

This screws the Oilers no matter what.

I think you let Broberg go and sign Holloway.

This is hilarious though and I love it.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Offer sheet terms from the Blues:

Dylan Holloway, two years at $2,290,457 cap hit. (3nd)
Philip Broberg, two years at $4,580,917 cap hit. (2rd)

Certainly puts the Oilers into a pickle.

I can see an argument to keep Holloway around, but the Oilers are already over the cap.. so I'm guessing they'll let these guys walk using the 2nd and 3rd at this years deadline to load up again.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I can see an argument to keep Holloway around, but the Oilers are already over the cap.. so I'm guessing they'll let these guys walk using the 2nd and 3rd at this years deadline to load up again.

That'll get them a #4/5D retained or something... This is terrible for the Oilers, I love it.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
That'll get them a #4/5D retained or something... This is terrible for the Oilers, I love it.

Well, they can use it + other assets. It just creates flexibility for them as they gather more pieces come deadline time..maybe they do a 1st and 2nd and go get another Ekholm type?

I don't think it's a terrible situation for the Oilers..I don't think they valued Broberg at 4.5m remotely. They lost depth pieces here. Neither was going to play in the top 6 or 4 from what I can tell.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Well, they can use it + other assets. It just creates flexibility for them as they gather more pieces come deadline time..maybe they do a 1st and 2nd and go get another Ekholm type?

Who?

They also have no cap for this...

I don't think it's a terrible situation for the Oilers..I don't think they valued Broberg at 4.5m remotely. They lost depth pieces here. Neither was going to play in the top 6 or 4 from what I can tell.

An older team getting older... they don't have a good prospect pool and taking some of their best young players ruins the future of the team even more.

They have no cap... they are already over.

They will most likely need to pay assets to get out of a contract to become cap compliant.

They also need to keep cap space for Drai/Bouchard who will both likely be overpaid next year, so the overpayment of either (if they match) sucks more next year.

Their cap situation is terrible.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Who?

An older team getting older... they don't have a good prospect pool and taking some of their best young players ruins the future of the team even more.

They have no cap... they are already over.

They will most likely need to pay assets to get out of a contract to become cap compliant.

They also need to keep cap space for Drai/Bouchard who will both likely be overpaid next year, so the overpayment of either (if they match) sucks more next year.

Their cap situation is terrible.

Who? I don't know. It's middle of August and the season hasn't started. Who's a UFA to be? Who's going into the season on the bubbles with their team? Who's going to be a seller? Lots of stuff to figure out between now and the deadline. All I'm saying is it gives them assets to add to whatever they have for deadline acquisitions.

They are certainly getting older, but they made the cup finals last year so their chips are in - cap be damned.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Did not see the offer sheets coming. Sneaky move.
Tough decision for the Oilers. Not much in picks, but those would be some... problematic contracts to have through the last 2 years of McDavid's contract.

Reactions: Menzinger

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I wonder if an offer sheet happens soon? Blues didn't have their own 2nd round pick for 2025, but now they do.

Swayman, Seider, Raymond, Beniers, Harley, Krebs, Perfetti, Kaliyev, Broberg, Robertson and Holloway are still unsigned.

:laugh: feels like Dubas would only make this trade with the Blues

And I’m not saying that because I think it’s bad by any means

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Those contracts wouldn't be good for Edmonton (particularly Broberg's) but the same could be said for the compensation involving a couple of former 1st round picks. I still figure that Broberg at least will become a member of the Blues here.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad