Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Killswitch

May 22, 2022
Kings fans are fine with him leaving because Clarke & Spence should be the 2nd and 3rd pairing RDs. Has nothing to do with the quality of Roy. He's a great 2nd pair option, and a better version of McCabe
He's a year younger and more expensive. What's the better part?

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
You need a good shutdown pair, Roy would help give us one while still giving Rielly a proper partner. Hopefully Tre goes hard after him.

Rielly - Tanev
McCabe - Roy
Benoit - Liljegren

Reactions: LeafSteel

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Am I'm the only one who would take 3x3 of OEL over 5x5 of Zadorov?
You may get your wish, but I would 100% disagree. Watching Zadorov battle with the Bennet's, TChuck's of the league would be worth the extra 2 million alone. I wanted him at the deadline and it sucked watching him play well for the Nucks.

But even I have my limit. North of 5 is a lot.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
This is a vanilla off-season I just did...and Tree would need to do a lot more because the roster would not be remotely exciting.

1st round fodder all day.

1719782863636.png
1719782876844.png

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I guess this is where you need Liljegren to take the jump and show his potential. The talent is there when it comes to puck movement and ability

Then he needs to be given an actual chance. PP1 time and top 4 minutes. And not for 5 games here and there.

Reactions: OVO16

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
As per capfriendly cap space = $12.08

Tanev. - $4 million
Robertson - $1.5 million
Backup/1b goalie - $2.5 million

Leaves $4 million for another defenseman.
Leaves $0 to carry backup forwards/defenseman until Tanev or Wolll get injured and we can accrue some space.

assume Gregor and Dewar or equivalent get signed and stay with Marlies until injury or Reaves gets waived.

question = whats best defenseman we can get for $4 million. I dont think that gets Zadorov, it may get OEL. Definitely doesnt get Roy or Montour. Maybe Brad can talk Zadorov into it if he gives him too much term 😞

Knies. Matthews. Nylander
Jarnkrok. Domi Marner
Robertson Tavares. Mcmann
Holmberg. Kampf. Reaves
Xxxxx. Xxxxxx

Rielly. Tanev
Mccabe. Xxxxxx
Benoit. Lilly
Xxxxx

Woll/ backup goalie
Trade Marner for the best futures package offered. Trade Jarnkrok for whatever.

I keep going back and forth on Montour, but if Tanev is signed I actually like the idea of paying Montour and basically having two "1B" type pairs.

McMann-Matthews-A. Nylander
Knies-Domi-W. Nylander
Blais-Tavares-Steel
Holmberg-Kampf-Robertson

Rielly-Tanev
McCabe-Montour
Benoit-Liljegren

Woll
1B

Loads up the prospect/draft pick pool which Dubas depleted, and saves a few dollars on the cap. Most of the wingers are pretty interchangeable. Just gotta trade for a goalie which should be doable

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 8
    Staked: $30,350.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00