Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Updated Capwages a good replacement for CapFriendly. https://capwages.com/

• Close by no cigar

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • It will do until something better

Votes: 31 55.4%
  • I like https://www.spotrac.com/nhl

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I'm dropping another

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
It's always about the market at a place in time, right? If no other team wants them and they are desperate to drop them, they got to pay. Which they seemingly did

Why dump now Though? You can go 8 million over. Other teams might miss out.

I was under the impression he was good?

Reactions: BertCorbeau

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
A lot of teams clearing cap space. Think we’ll be lucky to get one of the big name defensemen on free agency. Hate the fact that Roy hasn’t been tied to us in rumours at all, and now his hometown has cleared space.

Guess it’s Skjei or bust. Really don’t want Pesce, think Montour is overrated, and Tanev is a bit too old to be our only addition. If it’s Zadorov I think that’s extremely risky and could easily backfire and be an anchor contract.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

I'd imagine it's directly tied to an anticipated future trade or free agency signings

Yzerman is likely starting to feel a bit of pressure. Ownership didn't bring him on just to keep missing the playoffs

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Helped Sieder stabilize his game I thought .. played 20 mins a night

Seems kind like a Gunnarson. Capable complimentary guy up the top 4, but more of a #5 on his own

Big win for SJ

Reactions: TMLAM34

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Wings fans saying Yzerman gearing up to go after either Guentzel or Stamkos

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'm sure Carrier is top 4 quality and there's no way in hell I'd give Zadorov 6M

I'm hoping 5x5 is enough.

I don't see a world where he gets 6M, he can ask but I don't think he'd get it.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Sure. But again. Why trade the pick now. They can go over.
True. I dunno… 🤷 trade looks horrendous if nothing else happens. It doesn’t make sense attaching a 2nd round pick to him. He’s not really a cap dump

Reactions: ToneDog

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
The Sens had to trade a 2nd to dump ZAITSEV. Insane that the Wings had to do this for Walman, who really isn’t that overpaid. I continue to think Yzermans work in Detroit is unimpressive.

Like unless this *had to* be done today, I have no idea how they didn't just send an email out to the league "best offer by 8pm tonight gets Jake Walman" and go with that.

I have no idea how that cost a 2nd to dump Walman, Holl or Petry? Sure.

Last edited:

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
I would be all in on Roy and Carrier. Roy gives us that reliable partner that we need for Rielly, while Carrier is an underrated puck-moving defenceman who I think could be gotten for a little cheaper than some of the others on the market. If we bring in Carrier, that would allow us to keep McCabe on the left side.

Rielly - Roy
McCabe - Carrier
Benoit - Lily.

If Lily took a step forward, this could be a solid defence corps, with a really good puck mover on every pairing.

I know it's not sexy, but is more cost effective than some of the other iterations I have seen.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Like unless this *had to* be done today, I have no idea how they didn't just send an email out to the league "best offer by 8pm tonight gets Jake Walman" and go with that.

I have no doubt how that cost a 2nd to dump Walman, Holl or Petry? Sure.

Am I wrong or would we not have taken him for free?

Rielly
Walman.
Benoit McCabe

Is pretty good right?

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
I would be all in on Roy and Carrier. Roy gives us that reliable partner that we need for Rielly, while Carrier is an underrated puck-moving defenceman who I think could be gotten for a little cheaper than some of the others on the market. If we bring in Carrier, that would allow us to keep McCabe on the left side.

Rielly - Roy
McCabe - Carrier
Benoit - Lily.

If Lily took a step forward, this could be a solid defence corps, with a really good puck mover on every pairing.

I know it's not sexy, but is more cost effective than some of the other iterations I have seen.

I like that group on D. Getting some RH shots is important (I think McCabe is better on LD) and that probably leaves you with 9-10m in cap for goalie and forward addition.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

Rielly - Roy
McCabe - Carrier
Benoit - Lily.

I really like that defense. Like you said, not sexy but pretty cost effective and would be a solid upgrade while leaving cap room to spend on forwards. If we sign DeBrusk too now we’re really cooking.

Reactions: Skullz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad