Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Now the rumours have Detroit targeting John Gibson. Yzerman is insane. He’s had negative analytics for like 5 straight years. Routinely outplayed by his backup every season. It’s not 2016 man.

If Gibson 50% retained doesn't cost much, whatever, try for it.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
I really want McGroarty too but from what I hear he’s more likely a LW in the NHL, unfortunately our deepest position. I would do Cowan straight up tho.

I wouldn’t deal Grebyonkin tho, simply because I believe his value in the open market is far lower than mine.
In that case nvm. We need a center. The marginal upgrade in left wing prospects isn't worth an overpay.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
In that case nvm. We need a center. The marginal upgrade in left wing prospects isn't worth an overpay.

Cowan and Grebyonkin are both left shots but played extensively on RW this year.

Between Nylander, Knies, Cowan, McGroarty and Grebyonkin, you have your top 6 wings for the foreseeable future.

I'd go 23 + Minten for McGroarty, I value centres but the reality is on his best day, Minten might be a 3C, McGroarty looks like a top 6 wing.

Reactions: Magic Man and Kiwi

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Alright Trev let’s go
1719357267337.png

• Haha
Reactions: CuuuJooo

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
I can’t see any rationale for him being willing to join the Sens and not the Leafs
Maybe he's got one of those personalities where he knows he can be the big bad guy and local hero in one shot. Shit talk the leafs. Even if he "sucks" senaturd fans will eat it up. Only thing I can think of.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I can’t see any rationale for him being willing to join the Sens and not the Leafs
There was a report on here a few days ago about Ullmark being able to veto a trade to Toronto.

I imagine Boston also preferred to trade him to a lesser team if he was going to remain in the division.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
There was a report on here a few days ago about Ullmark being able to veto a trade to Toronto.

I imagine Boston also preferred to trade him to a lesser team if he was going to remain in the division.

Could have veto’d a trade to Ottawa too. By all accounts he had to waive to go there as well.

Reactions: Buds17

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
Friedman said he didn’t waive for OTT, that he didn’t have Ottawa on his list because it’s last years no trade list & at the time they thought he was safe as they had just signed korpi at the time

So was Ottawa. No one is convincing me he was willing to waive for Ottawa and wouldn’t come here to much better team
Ottawa was not on his list

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Ok, I'm all in on Rutger McGroarty. I didn't look into him until today despite rumors of his availability, but he's exactly what we need: a gritty, two-way center, with size and offensive skills.

Anything but Cowan is on the table for me, and I might even consider Cowan if it's a bigger package.

Robertson + Minten + Grebyonkin + 1st for McGroarty

How about 23rd., Robertson, +?
for
David Jiricek
6th. overall 2022
6'4", 207lb.
RD

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Now the rumours have Detroit targeting John Gibson. Yzerman is insane. He’s had negative analytics for like 5 straight years. Routinely outplayed by his backup every season. It’s not 2016 man.

I suspect he's starting to feel the heat from ownership. Yzerman is going to have a busy summer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad