Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
People need to stop mentioning Skeji...its been reported he's already signed the contract extension with the Hurricanes. He's not on the market anymore.

So...Skjei = Hurricanes
Pesce = Devils
Demelo = Jets
who's all left?

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
People need to stop mentioning Skeji...its been reported he's already signed the contract extension with the Hurricanes. He's not on the market anymore.

So...Skjei = Hurricanes
Pesce = Devils
Demelo = Jets
That would be Slavin, not Skjei.

Skjei and Roy should be Toronto targets if they are going to spend money on D.

Figure Skjei will get 6.75m or around that and Roy will get 5.8m~ Lot of money, but it solves ur top 4 issues

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
That would be Slavin, not Skjei.

Skjei and Roy should be Toronto targets if they are going to spend money on D.

Figure Skjei will get 6.75m or around that and Roy will get 5.8m~ Lot of money, but it solves ur top 4 issues
Skjei is another one that seems doubtful to sign with a Canadian team. American guy who has never played in Canada before.

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
I bet we overpay one UFA D and we trade for one maybe with retention like Jensen from WSH or Risto from PHI and then maybe sign a lower end guy like Boosh.

Sign Larry Broissault.

Add a couple of vet forwards for cheap like Pearson or an unqualified RFA.

Outside chance of trading Lily for a C.

Marner I don’t think we have the stones to make it happen.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
1719330663368.png

Reactions: Kurtz

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I think Tree is going to need to get at least one impact RD via trade.

Likely 1 LD and 1 RD in UFA

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
He's the same age as Brodie, and we've all seen Brodie's play fall off a cliff all of a sudden due to age.

A 4 year deal for Tanev is very risky. He legitimately could as early as next year have taken a significant step back.
Agreed. I'm hoping someone saves Treliving here and scoops up Tanev. Im cheering for him to re-sign with the Stars

Treliving seriously needs to get rid of hard-on for former players

Reactions: LeafSteel

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Agreed. I'm hoping someone saves Treliving here and scoops up Tanev. Im cheering for him to re-sign with the Stars

Treliving seriously needs to get rid of hard-on for former players

Tanev / Stars absolutely crushed other team's through the first 2 rounds, Edmonton started to get the better of them but McDavid broke a Gretzky record so not gonna be too hard on Tanev.

It really just needs to be a smart contract, 5M per for 2 years is acceptable.

Reactions: Finger Licking Good

CapspaceKiller

Aug 10, 2020
"Only"? Trading Marner is pretty significant as it changes the entire team dynamic and outlook of the team. The return would also be pretty big in terms of assets and probably cap space.

I don't expect much other than a few secondary players dumped, maybe an addition by trading picks/prospects and mostly more of the same.

I stated "only", because I see a lot of people on here thinking 4-5 moves.

Its probably "only" 1, maybe 2.

Yes, the Marner trade is a huge trade. But there won't be much after it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad