GDT: Trades & Free Agency -- Off-season edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
He was before this past season. Lost his starters job this year... will he bounce back with LA?

I doubt it, it isn't like he was good before that.

It is 2 cap dumps IMO, it is just crazy how far PLD has fallen off.

I think LA wins the trade just by term/cap hit.

Washington is letting Ovi chase the record, so I am not sure it is a big negative for them.

Maybe Kuemper can bounce back a little in front of a better team though.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Is it weird that the more I think about it, the more I think it’s a win-win deal for both teams? Given the status of their rosters and the risks associated with each player, of course

I don't think it's weird, I can see it too.

If I were LA, I'd have just aimed higher, but what can you expect for a cap dump?

It is a cap dump for a less risky cap dump, but the timelines work for both teams.

The biggest "wtf" is how much LA paid for Dubois only a year ago.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Dubois has got to be the most overrated player of this generation. He killed the Leafs in that one series and has been misrepresented as a #1C since.

Dubois looked really good at the world championship. Looks like motivation is lacking. I think he really just wants to be a Montreal Canadian but LA was willing to give him the money. I expect a resurgence in WSH.

100% win-win for both.

PLD will be given every opportunity to be #1C and same goes for Kuemper with #1G job.

PLD is gonna have to battle because Dylan Strome and Ovechkin had really good chemistry and they just paid Strome

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Kuemper 3 years at $5.25 million

or

PLD 7 years at $8.5 million.

PLD coming off a 40 point season, in 82 games... and now on his 4th team at the age of 25. Maybe at some point he becomes useful, and not bounced around because he isn't wanted or wears out his welcome quickly.
The guys a head case, zero compete, all the tools it takes to be a star yet mails it in on a regular basis, sounds familiar…………

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
PLD is the antithesis of anything superstar related. Hell at this rate he will likely surpass Mike Sillinger for number of teams played for (12)

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Rob Blake is a terrible executive. I get that he’s now off that PLD contract but damn he could’ve had Hellebuyck for all that. Traded all that for Keumper when you could’ve signed him last year in free agency

Also how long before PLD asks for a trade to Montreal. This guy is probably pissed lol

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Rob Blake is a terrible executive. I get that he’s now off that PLD contract but damn he could’ve had Hellebuyck for all that. Traded all that for Keumper when you could’ve signed him last year in free agency
At least he knows when he’s made a mistake and has the stones to correct it even if it makes him look like he doesn’t know what he’s doing. Wouldn’t that be a refreshing turn of events……..

Reactions: supermann_98

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Tampa Bay - Nashville
New Jersey - Calgary
Dallas - San Jose
Los Angeles - Washington

Teams who have already made a trade this off-season.

Tre lets start cooking

Chicago-New York (I) as well last month with the pick slotting trade

Also how long before PLD asks for a trade to Montreal. This guy is probably pissed lol

Jets wanted alot more for Hellebuyck when his name was out there

Reactions: OVO16

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

I take immense satisfaction knowing that Dubois has been shipped out of his preferred destination in LA. Not that DC is a bad city but Dubois was really hyped about that LA Lifestyle based on their documentary on YouTube. Imagine losing out on your dream job because you can’t be arsed to do the bare minimum.

horner

May 22, 2007

He had a NMC
He must have ok'd the trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad