Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

horner

May 22, 2007
Clearly it's not a criminal act. I see what Blackhawks are tying to do.

Barcelona decision to get Ronaldinho off the team was to set a good example for a young Messi. Trying to create a good culture for him

I can't see Leafs having any interest. Coming to Toronto with our media will be a blood bath
But it would be fun

Reactions: fahad203

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

What was the Horvat trade again?

NHL.com
The Canucks were rebuilding last season, so with Horvat in the final year of his contract and potentially headed for unrestricted free agency, they traded him to the Islanders for forward Anthony Beauvillier, forward prospect Aatu Raty and a first-round pick in the 2023 NHL Draft.Nov 14, 2023

So is that the return for Nylander?

Reactions: hockeywiz542

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
What was the Horvat trade again?

NHL.com
The Canucks were rebuilding last season, so with Horvat in the final year of his contract and potentially headed for unrestricted free agency, they traded him to the Islanders for forward Anthony Beauvillier, forward prospect Aatu Raty and a first-round pick in the 2023 NHL Draft.Nov 14, 2023

So is that the return for Nylander?
That or a Dubois trade

Reactions: hockeywiz542

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
There were a ton of scouts at yesterdays game. These usually don't mean much but it seems unusual to have that many early in the season. Dallas plays Florida next week, so that might explain the 3 scouts... but seems excessive either way.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
There were a ton of scouts at yesterdays game. These usually don't mean much but it seems unusual to have that many early in the season. Dallas plays Florida next week, so that might explain the 3 scouts... but seems excessive either way.

A lot of pro scouts looking for a free meal and they are probably all local to Toronto anyways lol

Reactions: SprDaVE

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Given our Injury situation on the D side, I believe we should put in a claim for Will Butcher, who is coming off Injury reserve (SOIR) for Pittsburgh. His cap hit is $775k, and we could probably waive him later in the season, and send him to the Marlies in unclaimed.

Last edited:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Given our Injury situation on the D side, I believe we should put in a claim for Will Butcher, who is coming off Injury reserve (SOIR) for Pittsburgh. His cap hit is $775k, and we could probably waive him later in the season, and send him to the Marlies in unclaimed.

Good call. I think that would be a very good claim. He struggles defensively, which is why he's having a hard time sticking in the NHL but he's a great skater with good puck skills. Could be a good bet. At worse, you re-waive him.

So much does Ethan Bear want and when will he be ready, because we are running out of D.

If you give him a 1 way contract, he'll probably take the league minimum. No idea if he started skating or training though, so he may not be anywhere near ready to contribute.

I have a hard time imagining Calgary dealing with Vancouver but you never know

Yeah it would be unlikely but if the offer is good, you never know.

Last edited:

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
To Toronto-
Noah Dobson

To Islanders-
William Nylander

To Toronto-
Tanev
Zadorov
Mangiapane

To Calgary-
Abruzzese
Brodie
Bertuzzi
2nd Round Pick

To Toronto-
Travis Konecny

To Philadelphia-
Robertson
Holmberg
1st Round Pick

Knies-Matthews-Konecny
Mangiapane-Tavares-Marner
Gregor-Domi-Jarnkrok
Steeves-Kampf-McMann

Rielly-Dobson
McCabe-Tanev
Zadorov-Liljegren

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
To Toronto-
Noah Dobson

To Islanders-
William Nylander

To Toronto-
Tanev
Zadorov
Mangiapane

To Calgary-
Abruzzese
Brodie
Bertuzzi
2nd Round Pick

To Toronto-
Travis Konecny

To Philadelphia-
Robertson
Holmberg
1st Round Pick

Knies-Matthews-Konecny
Gregor-Domi-Jarnkrok
Steeves-Kampf-McMann

Rielly-Dobson
McCabe-Tanev
Zadorov-Liljegren
None of those are realistic.

But I’m a big fan of Konecny. He was the one I wanted the Leafs to draft but I think they ended up trading the pick and moving down to get an extra pick.

Reactions: uncleben and arso40

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I still think Murphy makes the most sense to trade for at the moment. Would be a perfect stay at home defenceman for Rielly who can help the PK as well. Has a couple more years left on his contract and with Chicago rebuilding we can look at moving prospects and picks instead of key roster players.

Reactions: arso40 and ACC1224

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If the Leafs continue to disappoint towards the TD and/or the playoffs, does anyone here think Tavares would be willing to waive his NMC if he was asked to? He’d obviously have a say where he’d be willing to waive to.

If the Leafs fall back in the playoff race I can see guys like Bertuzzi, Domi, Giordano, McCabe, Lagesson, Benoit, Brodie, Kampf being great pieces to sell off for a quick return. But nothing to do with the core.

Reactions: arso40

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
To Toronto-
Noah Dobson

To Islanders-
William Nylander

To Toronto-
Tanev
Zadorov
Mangiapane

To Calgary-
Abruzzese
Brodie
Bertuzzi
2nd Round Pick

To Toronto-
Travis Konecny

To Philadelphia-
Robertson
Holmberg
1st Round Pick

Knies-Matthews-Konecny
Gregor-Domi-Jarnkrok
Steeves-Kampf-McMann

Rielly-Dobson
McCabe-Tanev
Zadorov-Liljegren

lol. Why would Calgary do that?

Reactions: ToneDog and arso40

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
To Toronto: Connor Murphy
To Chicago: Nick Robertson + Conor Timmins + 3rd Round Draft Pick

To Toronto: Joe Veleno
To Detroit: Pontus Holmberg

Knies - Matthews - Nylander
Bertuzzi - Tavares - Marner
Veleno - Domi - Jarnkrok
Gregor - Kampf - McMann

Rielly - Murphy
McCabe - Liljegren
Giordano - Brodie

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
To Toronto: Connor Murphy
To Chicago: Nick Robertson + Conor Timmins + 3rd Round Draft Pick

To Toronto: Joe Veleno
To Detroit: Pontus Holmberg

Knies - Matthews - Nylander
Bertuzzi - Tavares - Marner
Veleno - Domi - Jarnkrok
Gregor - Kampf - McMann

Rielly - Murphy
McCabe - Liljegren
Giordano - Brodie

Why does Detroit do that one?

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Why does Detroit do that one?
Because it’s apart of my fantasy scenario and I told them so.

But we’d likely have to add a pick. Up until the start of this year Veleno was considered a bust and barely an NHLer. He’s back down to earth from his hot start to the season. I don’t see him anything more than a 3rd liner at best and given our roster I like his size in the bottom six.

Reactions: arso40

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Because it’s apart of my fantasy scenario and I told them so.

But we’d likely have to add a pick. Up until the start of this year Veleno was considered a bust and barely an NHLer. He’s back down to earth from his hot start to the season. I don’t see him anything more than a 3rd liner at best and given our roster I like his size in the bottom six.

Yeah, I think they'd keep him just because of his age/size.

Only 15 min TOI most games, nearly 50% face offs.

Holmberg and a 3rd or 4th seems like the likely ask.

They're fairly deep at centre with Larkin-Compher-Copp-Rasmussen, although weirdly they've put Rasmussen at wing and Fischer at 4C...I guess they wanted Rasmussen/Veleno to get decent ice time on the 3rd line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad