Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
The rumour is silly and offensive to another player's family. I'm also pretty sure something done between two consenting adults would not have resulted in this outcome. Hockey players have affairs, groupies...whatever all the time. Clearly, in this case Perry did something above and beyond.
And I think it’s only far to want to know what actually happened before signing the guy.
As to the rumour going around I think most people know it’s BS they just want it to be true because they think it’s funny. But even then it wouldn’t be all that funny if it was actually true because of the lives it would impact

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
And I think it’s only far to want to know what actually happened before signing the guy.
As to the rumour going around I think most people know it’s BS they just want it to be true because they think it’s funny. But even then it wouldn’t be all that funny if it was actually true because of the lives it would impact
The lack of information on this one is definitely interesting. Clearly, the guy wasn't arrested (or at least hasn't been yet), so it doesn't seem to be something criminal. It will be interesting to see if another team signs him once his contract is terminated.

Reactions: cyris

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
The lack of information on this one is definitely interesting. Clearly, the guy wasn't arrested (or at least hasn't been yet), so it doesn't seem to be something criminal. It will be interesting to see if another team signs him once his contract is terminated.
Time will tell I guess. I think someone will leak the details for the sake of PR but who knows.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Even if it could happen, which it won’t, it wouldn’t get us anywhere because we’d have to retain so much to make him attractive to acquire.
Depends really, it’s not like he’s got multiple years left on his contract after this year. If you retain 3 million, brings him down to 8 million. Teams could afford that.

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
Not sure what the timeline is with Ethan Bear, but the Leafs are now one of the few teams that have capspace to sign him.

I read some interesting articles that show his D partners always play better when paired with him. The stats with the Canucks also seem to suggest he could be a top 4 D.

jiggy35

Jun 26, 2012
Knies - Matthews - Nylander
Bertuzzi - Tavares - Perry
Robertson - Domi - Marner

Could be tight lol

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Clearly it's not a criminal act. I see what Blackhawks are tying to do.

Barcelona decision to get Ronaldinho off the team was to set a good example for a young Messi. Trying to create a good culture for him

I can't see Leafs having any interest. Coming to Toronto with our media will be a blood bath

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Clearly it's not a criminal act. I see what Blackhawks are tying to do.

Barcelona decision to get Ronaldinho off the team was to set a good example for a young Messi. Trying to create a good culture for him

I can't see Leafs having any interest. Coming to Toronto with our media will be a blood bath
What are they trying to do that you see?

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Not sure what the timeline is with Ethan Bear, but the Leafs are now one of the few teams that have capspace to sign him.

I read some interesting articles that show his D partners always play better when paired with him. The stats with the Canucks also seem to suggest he could be a top 4 D.
If he’s cheap I’m in he’s atleast a top 6

Reactions: horner

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
I’d go after Lindholm via free agency if he makes it there.

what is he expected to sign for because if it's 8 million and you retained 3 million on Tavares you haven't gained anything in fact you could easily argue you made it worst because Lindholm doesn't produce offensively on Tavares level.

so for that to make sense you would need to get him in the 6 mill a year range which I doubt is possible.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
We need some help on d I don’t trust timmins needs to get spot duty til he’s bacc up to speed I’m hearing about boosh WE DO NOT want him all these cheap moves we need another good defencemen not one that just clears the net one that can play 20 minutes a night and fast the more we rely on mccabe the more high risk plays he seems to be making I don’t like him being the strong man on a pair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad