Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Can Tanev or zadorov move the puck out of
The szone?

The leafs can’t break out to save their lives

I think hanafin would fit but I don’t really want 7 million next year

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
We need D who can move the puck, skate, and have some offensive ability. With our system, our D love to activate offensively, and rightfully so, that is how you have to create offense in this day and age. The problem is that none of them other than Rielly have any modicum of offensive ability. The puck goes on Gio, McCabe, and Brodie's stick to die.

I want more offense from the backend.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
We need D who can move the puck, skate, and have some offensive ability. With our system, our D love to activate offensively, and rightfully so, that is how you have to create offense in this day and age. The problem is that none of them other than Rielly have any modicum of offensive ability. The puck goes on Gio, McCabe, and Brodie's stick to die.

I want more offense from the backend.
Yep. This is why I think Hanifin is a great fit. Can provide offence while playing competent defence. He would also still allow for a big wing-span dman on the bottom pair as well.

Reactions: Skullz and TMLAM34

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Yep. This is why I think Hanifin is a great fit. Can provide offence while playing competent defence. He would also still allow for a big wing-span dman on the bottom pair as well.
I think Hanifin is exactly what we need back there. Someone who can play defence and offence while logging 20+ minutes a night and in their mid 20s.

The debate would be whether to trade for him and give up strong assets or take a chance and wait until free agency hoping he can make it there.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I think Hanifin is exactly what we need back there. Someone who can play defence and offence while logging 20+ minutes a night and in their mid 20s.

The debate would be whether to trade for him and give up strong assets or take a chance and wait until free agency hoping he can make it there.
screw that, the Leafs need 6 Tim Hortons, then you can actually have a chance win games with fancy offense and questionable goaltending...........

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I think a coaching change is needed but this would be the second coach the “core” has basically tuned out or not given full effort constantly. When does it fall on the players?

First coach was a psychopath, second coach was a rookie out of his depth who has lasted years too long.

I say we find a sane, seasoned coach and see what he can do.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
A move in the off-season I would explore.

To Toronto: John Gibson + Max Jones
To Anaheim: John Tavares

Then through free agency sign Elias Lindholm.

Budz22

Sep 18, 2018
Just curious how come we’re not taking about Weeger? Is he untouchable or is his contract bad?

arso40

Jun 7, 2022

We need 2 or we can forget this season as it stands I don’t know if timmins is ready in time Brodie has to go bring in tanev and I guess a hanifan trade would set the bacc end pretty well stop putting players over the hump too high up in the line up

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario
I'd try to find a way. McCabe for salary, 1st rounder ++. With Klingberg on IR maybe that works or gets you close cap wise. Think he'd be a very strong add to the top 2/4 if he's for sale. He'd be a more prime style Brodie.
I think that McCabe has been quite good since he came back from his injury. I don’t feel that we should be moving him at all. IMHO he’s definitely playing better than the 2 million that we’re paying him and would look good with lily when he returns

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
I think that McCabe has been quite good since he came back from his injury. I don’t feel that we should be moving him at all. IMHO he’s definitely playing better than the 2 million that we’re paying him and would look good with lily when he returns

If it means bringing back a top pair guy though, someone has to go to make the money work.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
I agree but I feel there’s better candidates than McCabe. For what he brings to the team we couldn’t replace for 2 million. I’d move Brodie before McCabe personally but that’s just my opinion
Should be two different parts of the line up so I agree

Reactions: Mad hatter

horner

May 22, 2007
If we are taking a swing on somebody with term it should be Andersson.
We don't have the assets for him .
Knies Cowen Minten and Grebyonkin are untouchable we will need this players on ELC contracts
Minten we have no centerman in the system

3rd + Abruzzies + Steeves

Keep our 1st it could be a 17th to 20 pick

I would wait till the offseason
Skeji
Tanev or Demelo

We aren't good enough this year, we need to much work on our defense

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I wanted tanev same summer we got brodie
I thought if we got both it would solidify the right side finally
Tanev hasn’t been injured and played well, would play even better on a competitive team and finally give rielly a worthy partner

As for keefe
I do think he should have went in the off season
My only question now is if he goes who do we get? Has to be a worthy replacement for this is the decision!!

Can’t just fire for the sake of firing

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Tanev hasn’t been injured and played well, would play even better on a competitive team and finally give rielly a worthy partner

As for keefe
My only question now is if he goes who do we get? Has to be a worthy replacement for this is the decision!!

I'm on board for Tanev.

Gerard Gallant and Boucher. Quennville would be great but he's blacklisted.

Fire Shanahan

arso40

Jun 7, 2022

As for keefe

Me too thought I was the only one tanev was the perfect fit but the geek thought get a left that can play the right side instead of rielly perfect partner

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I'm on board for Tanev.

Gerard Gallant and Boucher. Quennville would be great but he's blacklisted.

Fire Shanahan
Fire Shanahan is the first move, let the new president decide on whether to keep Tre or not, let whoever’s GM pick a coach, that’s a big step in correcting what wrong with this organization……..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad