Jarnkrok - Tavares - Marner
Robertson - Domi - Nylander
McMann - Kampf - Gregor

OR

Bertuzzi - Matthews - Nylander
Knies - Tavares - Marner
Robertson - Domi - Jarnkrok
McMann - Kampf - Gregor

I’d like to see either of these forward lines play a few games together. I don’t get why Keefe is so stuck on playing Matthews and Marner together constantly.
Bolded is my preference.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Bolded is my preference.
Exactly ease the kid along you got him facing the toughest competition let him play on the second line with marner and jt I would love to see that line for a few games opens knies up for more shots as marners favourite person to pass to won’t be on the line

Reactions: TMLAM34 and ACC1224

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Knies - Matthews - Bertuzzi
McMann - Kampf - Gregor

OR

Knies - Tavares - Marner
McMann - Kampf - Gregor

I’d like to see either of these forward lines play a few games together. I don’t get why Keefe is so stuck on playing Matthews and Marner together constantly.
Bolded is exactly my lines as well.

Matthew and Marner are not “on”, and you are putting a rookie out to face top competition, surrounded by line mates that are not currently playing to their capabilities? That is not setting Knies up for any kind of success or confidence building.

His game is better suited for Tavares anyways.

If we had a coach who could see when things don’t work and make adjustments, as well as put our developing players into situations to succeed, this would have been long ago.

……. But we have Keefe.

:thumbu:

Last edited:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Bolded is exactly my lines as well.

Matthew and Marner are not “on”, and you are putting a rookie out to face top competition, surrounded by line mates that are not currently playing to their capabilities? That is not setting Knies up for any kind of success or confidence building.

His game is better suited for Tavares anyways.

If we had a coach who could see when things don’t work and make adjustments, as well as put our developing players into situations to succeed, this would have been long ago.

……. But we have Keefe.

:thumbu:

He's playing hurt though.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
C - Sturm, Nico (2yr/2.0m)
G - Blackwood, Mackenzie (2yr/2.35m)
LD - Ferraro, Mario (3yr/3.25m)
T: 7,600,000

for

RW - Reaves, Ryan (3yr/1.35m)
LD - McCabe, Jake (2yr/2.0m)
G - Samsonov, Ilya (1yr/3.55m)
Picks/Prospects
T: 6,900,000

--------------------------------------------------------------

Knies Matthews Marner
Bertuzzi Tavares Nylander
Robertson Domi Jarnkrok
Kämpf Sturm Gregor
McMann/Steeves

Rielly Brodie
Ferraro Liljegren
Lagesson Timmons
Gio Benoit

Blackwood
Woll

arso40

Jun 7, 2022

for

Picks/Prospects

Knies Matthews Marner
Robertson Domi Jarnkrok
Kämpf Sturm Gregor
McMann/Steeves

Rielly Brodie
Ferraro Liljegren
Lagesson Timmons
Gio Benoit

Blackwood
Woll
All though you solved goalie and second lhd problem…..maybe…. We still aren’t tougher on the baccend brodies gotta go or a soft player has to be taken out n replaced by a tough one not one for one tough swap n one of that significance

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare

for

Picks/Prospects

Knies Matthews Marner
Robertson Domi Jarnkrok
Kämpf Sturm Gregor
McMann/Steeves

Rielly Brodie
Ferraro Liljegren
Lagesson Timmons
Gio Benoit

Blackwood
Woll
Samsonov had a great season last year with Toronto. He was 6th in the league in save percentage and he helped win a playoff round. Blackwood has been an .890 goalie for 3 years now. Samsonov is the better goalie and the Leafs aren't married to him if his poor play continues.

Ferraro for McCabe, I'd pass there as well. McCabe is the more physical of the two and he comes with another short term, low money contract that they paid handsomely for. Ferraro is a good target in a separate move.

Sturm with Kampf and Holmberg in house and Domi excelling in the 3 hole seems a little redundant. Losing Reaves is a win, but adding Sturm on a contract you can't bury as well isn't.

Going off your proposal I'd tweak it to look like this.

Ryan Reaves (1.35M per for 3 years) + 2024 1st rd. pick (Top-10 Protection) for Mario Ferraro (3.25M per for 3 years)

Rielly - McCabe
Ferraro - Brodie
Giordano - Liljegren

Reactions: Lil Tuzzi Bert

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
I know we were harping on Sanheim last year but seems to be having a great year with the Flyers right now...6.25M seems hard to fit in though.

I'd try to find a way. McCabe for salary, 1st rounder ++. With Klingberg on IR maybe that works or gets you close cap wise. Think he'd be a very strong add to the top 2/4 if he's for sale. He'd be a more prime style Brodie.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Hart would cost too much in assets. I wonder though if if Anaheim would retain a little to get rid of the remainder of Gibson's contract while he's playing well.

Reactions: TMLAM34

jiggy35

Jun 26, 2012
Knies - Matthews - Bertuzzi
McMann - Kampf - Gregor

OR

Knies - Tavares - Marner
McMann - Kampf - Gregor

Marner needs a wake up call,

Knies - Matthews - Nylander
Bertuzzi - Tavares - Janrkrok
Robertson - Domi - Marner

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Is it time for a coaching change? I don’t blame Keefe for the state of the teams play, but at the same time, he isn’t getting a consistently good effort, or good play from these guys. Changing the coach is the easiest move, and perhaps a new voice can fix some of the issues the team has with consistent effort and defensive play.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Is it time for a coaching change? I don’t blame Keefe for the state of the teams play, but at the same time, he isn’t getting a consistently good effort, or good play from these guys. Changing the coach is the easiest move, and perhaps a new voice can fix some of the issues the team has with consistent effort and defensive play.
I think a coaching change is needed but this would be the second coach the “core” has basically tuned out or not given full effort constantly. When does it fall on the players?

Reactions: BallardEra

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I think a coaching change is needed but this would be the second coach the “core” has basically tuned out or not given full effort constantly. When does it fall on the players?

IMO, it already falls on the players. But a new coach is an easier move than shipping out Marner/Nylander and making the team suddenly better. We are kind of getting into Hail Mary territory for this core.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
If they have tuned him out, I am surprised it took this long. Sorry Kyle, we won't be seeing a Keefe statue in 10 years.

Reactions: rumman

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I mean, we really only have two options here, either the coach has been tuned out, or the core doesn’t have the heart to be winners.

Can’t transplant a heart, can change a coach. So you change a coach, and if that doesn’t work, it’s time for open heart surgery on this roster.

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
I mean, we really only have two options here, either the coach has been tuned out, or the core doesn’t have the heart to be winners.

Can’t transplant a heart, can change a coach. So you change a coach, and if that doesn’t work, it’s time for open heart surgery on this roster.
Prior to this season, I would've blamed Keefe but seeing the effort this core puts in game in and game out, you can't blame Keefe anymore, it's on our core. They lack the effort and heart to compete every shift, the amount of coasting that goes on from our players is embarrassing considering the amount they get paid. I really hope Treliving is taking a close look at everything. The effort on the defensive side of the game is atrocious, players you used to rely on are now a major problems (Brodie). I'm not saying a full blown rebuild but we definitely need to retool this team from top to bottom.

Reactions: Fogelhund

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

That surgery is for years too late, this group will never win anything. You can change coaches, you can change the fringe players all you like, but this core is rotten. I hope they fail big time this season and ask the elites who’s in for the rebuild? That might make it possible to move them.…….

Reactions: Fogelhund

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
Don't waste any more assets. There is no player or players out there that will do the important thing, Fix The Culture! This has always been the problem since the Burns and Quinn teams. Coddled softies can not win and will not win. They don't even provide entertainment any more. Easily the the easiest team to play against and definitely the most unlikable. I don't care watching less and less games the last 5 years. Players don't care has rubbed off on me......I don't care either 😒

Reactions: Al4tdsBundy

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Oilers apparently willing to sell anyone but 97, 29 and 2024 1st round pick

What would people pay for the below:

1. RNH
2. Zack Hyman
3. Evander Kane
4. Evan Bouchard.

I'd like to add Bouchard to the team. Id offer our 2024 1st + Roni Hirvonen + Reeves

Get bouchard to play second pairing with Brodie (gives him a good defensive partner)

Then make a deal for Connor Murphy to play with Rielly.

Not having a 2024 1st would sting for Murphy but maybe klingberg + Minten + 2nd is enough for Murphy 50% retained

Rielly - Murphy
Bouchard - Brodie
McCabe - Lilijgren
Gio
Timmins

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
It's on the core. And I like these guys a lot. Some of the most talented players this franchise has ever had. Might be the most talented players we ever see. Sometimes, I do think as a fanbase we take that for granted, especially after wanting such talent for so long. But with no winning from this talent, it only makes sense.

Last year's roster after the deadline was more than good enough to make a lot of noise in the playoffs. I know one round is not enough, but had they shown up against Florida and just happened to drop a hard-fought 7-game series, I would have been convinced we were getting somewhere. The Tampa series wasn't perfect, but they found a way to win when things got tough and the big guys all contributed in some form. But then it did not continue in the next round. The Florida series was not on the coach nor the GM. It was on the players. They need to figure it out. They have the talent to do so, just bring the work now.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Oilers apparently willing to sell anyone but 97, 29 and 2024 1st round pick

What would people pay for the below:

1. RNH
2. Zack Hyman
3. Evander Kane
4. Evan Bouchard.

I'd like to add Bouchard to the team. Id offer our 2024 1st + Roni Hirvonen + Reeves

Get bouchard to play second pairing with Brodie (gives him a good defensive partner)

Then make a deal for Connor Murphy to play with Rielly.

Not having a 2024 1st would sting for Murphy but maybe klingberg + Minten + 2nd is enough for Murphy 50% retained

Rielly - Murphy
Bouchard - Brodie
McCabe - Lilijgren
Gio
Timmins
Kane could help, and he’d fit in well with the team’s dysfunctional make up……..

Reactions: TMLAM34
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad