Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
It's been posted elsewhere... .but now that Klingberg has been shipped to Robidas Island, we will have some cap flexibility.

""

""

Reactions: Phion Keneuf

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
It's been posted elsewhere... .but now that Klingberg has been shipped to Robidas Island, we will have some cap flexibility.

""

""

1700770628344.png

Steeves, Robertson and Reaves could all move to create additional space if required.

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019

""

""

I assume Steeves is going to play if he got called up.

The extra cap space makes absorbing an expiring contract straightforward. I would be looking at cap-crunched teams to see if you can find useful freebie.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
So... you want to bring in $18.75 in Cap... and you are shipping out?

Parayko isn't what he once was, Markstrom was terrible last year, and is barely passable this year.....

Markstrom is usually bad one year and good the next, it's weird.

Weegar is a bit too slow for my liking , easy to forecheck.

Parayko...probably an upgrade on what we have but not a significant one.

I think Zadorov is probably the one to go out of Calgary right now, they've kept themselves in the race for a playoff spot but he's requested a trade.

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
Who else besides the Oilers need immediate cap space? I kind of want to play 4d chess and fleece a team that needs to unload players for no good reason outside of cap reasons.

Reactions: arso40

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
The IDEA of Peeke is good on paper but I don't think he's as good as some people around here seem to think. He's only played 4 NHL games this year and his TOI/G is less than 15 minutes. He has been healthy as well and it's not like Columbus is a good team or anything.

Taking a chance on him is one thing... but I don't know why a lot of people in here seem to think he'll come in and suddenly play like he's the next Trouba. It's very possible he's just not very good and we don't have the cap space to just waste on an average player.

I can't imagine if the Leafs had a 2.75M healthy scratch to trade and how many picks it would take to get a team to take them.
I don’t think anyone is saying he would be the next Trouba.
We understand he is cheap to acquire for a reason.
But he would be cheap to acquire and plays a simple D first style that works best with our best defenceman.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Wait till Kekalainen gets fired and they’re out of the playoffs and then call them up and get Provorov - He’s only 4.75M for this year and next

He’s not going anywhere

They've got a lot of defense and he didn't cost a lot to acquire, I would be okay with that addition.

I suspect their first 4 choices are Peeke, Gudbranson, Boqvist and Bean though.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
They've got a lot of defense and he didn't cost a lot to acquire, I would be okay with that addition.

I suspect their first 4 choices are Peeke, Gudbranson, Boqvist and Bean though.
Yeah only cause there short on lhd

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Moving Provorov likely means their left side becomes;

Provorov
Bean
Svozil

I think they wanted Svozil to get another full year in the AHL at least.
Just don’t think they want bean in the top 4 or the provorov trade makes less sense

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
https://x.com/TSNHockey/status/1727777421225566401?s=20

I'm at work but does it say if anyone is off limits with the Flyers?
According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger:

• the Philadelphia Flyers want to build a stronger foundation for the future

the Philadelphia Flyers are willing to listen basically on every position, not on every player

• the Flyers feel like they have got the assets to move

• the Flyers might move a couple of veteran defencemen. Looking at Nick Seeler and Sean Walker.

as depth defencemen, the Flyers will continue to get interest in those two players

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad