Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

horner

May 22, 2007
History tells us most of those players won’t make it to free agency. And those that do you’ll most likely have to overpay and count on them wanting to sign here because everyone else also wants them. We may be able to add to the D through free agency, but it’s hard to plan for.
UFA season you always have to over pay.

Would like to keep kokkonen and zadorov is not the target for us we need a defensive rhd
I Kokkonen could be ready next year

Reactions: arso40 and Amadeus

horner

May 22, 2007
History tells us most of those players won’t make it to free agency. And those that do you’ll most likely have to overpay and count on them wanting to sign here because everyone else also wants them. We may be able to add to the D through free agency, but it’s hard to plan for.s
Carolina wont be able to sign both
Skjie 7 mil and Pesce 6.5 mil

Winning has 16 mil to spend on 6 players
Demelo 4.5 mil and Dillion 4 mil
Perfeti is an RFA
They won't be able to sign both

Florida has 28 mil for 13 players
Forsling Lundell Ekman-Larson ( having a good year ) montador kulikov

Would be happy with
Skej
Demelo

Last edited:

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario

Perfeti is an RFA

Would be happy with
Skej
Demelo

my current targets would be Skjei and then Tanev whose 33 and from Toronto maybe he would give us a discount to come back and play here tho I would still sign him without the discount.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

Perfeti is an RFA

Would be happy with
Skej
Demelo

I'd been projecting DeMelo around 3.5M per...he's been kinda underpaid but now 30 years old, legs fall off at some point.

The more I think about it, the more I believe that Dubas was ready to move on from Marner this past summer.

Did Shanahan not agree with that? Was that a big reason Dubas was let go?

Just my two cents.

Dubas was talking about adding Karlsson too, Grier said the conversations between the 2 extended back to Toronto so that wouldn't have been great.

Reactions: horner

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
I'd been projecting DeMelo around 3.5M per...he's been kinda underpaid but now 30 years old, legs fall off at some point.

Dubas was talking about adding Karlsson too, Grier said the conversations between the 2 extended back to Toronto so that wouldn't have been great.
I remember Friedman saying we tried to add Karlsson at the TDL last year but Dubas couldn't make it work cap wise

Would've been very interesting if Dubas stayed on as GM.....

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
My question is... how many years will DeMelo get, and how many years would Tanev get (and what price?).

Because if Tanev comes a short deal with a hometown discount, you would then easily have enough cap space for a Top 4 LHD to pair with Lilly.

horner

May 22, 2007

Schenn got 2.75 mil last yr.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
My question is... how many years will DeMelo get, and how many years would Tanev get (and what price?).

Because if Tanev comes a short deal with a hometown discount, you would then easily have enough cap space for a Top 4 LHD to pair with Lilly.

I'd do 3 years 3.5M for DeMelo, probably front load it.

Reactions: LeafSteel

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Hanifin is the top 4 D I'd be looking at. At his age he fits in perfectly with our core.

Hanifin - Liljegren

Is that a good enough 2nd pairing?
That would be a really good second pair IMO.

Allows McCabe to slide down to the third pair.

Still need a defenceman that fits with Rielly though.

Reactions: arso40

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Hanifin is the top 4 D I'd be looking at. At his age he fits in perfectly with our core.

Hanifin - Liljegren

Is that a good enough 2nd pairing?
Yessir.

Rielly - Brodie/Liljegren
Hanifin - Liljegren/Brodie
McCabe - Timmins
[Giordano - Niemela]

Reactions: TMLAM34

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
aside from the Brad connection, Tanev and Zadorov don’t make much sense together. Maybe just one or the other if it’s cheap. Ideally we should target someone like Peeke who is young and signed. These rentals rarely ever stay and if they do, their impact is growingly less as the new contract goes on.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
aside from the Brad connection, Tanev and Zadorov don’t make much sense together. Maybe just one or the other if it’s cheap. Ideally we should target someone like Peeke who is young and signed. These rentals rarely ever stay and if they do, their impact is growingly less as the new contract goes on.
Is there a way to get hanifan and not get fleeced?

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
This is wishful thinking, but adding both Fabbro and Hanifin would be amazing.

Rielly - Fabbro
Hanifin - Liljegren
McCabe - Brodie

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Not sure, but Hanifin is going to be expensive and more of what we have, less of what we need. Regardless of how good he may be (to me personally he’s also kind of overrated).
But he’d clearly be in our top 2

This is wishful thinking, but adding both Fabbro and Hanifin would be amazing.

Rielly - Fabbro
Hanifin - Liljegren
McCabe - Brodie
Do you think fabbro a fit beside rielly? Similar to lily in stature no?

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
But he’d clearly be in our top 2

Do you think fabbro a fit beside rielly? Similar to lily in stature no?
I think Fabbro is a little more defensive minded. Blocks more shots and plays a little more physical. Ideally he develops into a Hainsey type partner for Rielly.

Reactions: arso40

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
I think Fabbro is a little more defensive minded. Blocks more shots and plays a little more physical. Ideally he develops into a Hainsey type partner for Rielly.
Think he needs someone a bit heavier but I know fabbro was high touted at one point might be what’s needed who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad