Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
Cjs been fairly good with his Leafs gossip this season....
I agree, for CJ to state something like that, one would think a deal is fairly close. Especially with his agent literally telling Leaf fans to get their tickets, mid game to say the least.

Reactions: Menzinger

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
Zadorov would be a really nice add to the blue line with his size and length and physicality. He's very smooth for a guy his size too.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

No ****, if I was him so would I

Now for a little realism
If he's priced as a 3rd pairing defender I'm in but he's not good enough to pay a premium for

There's no way I'd give up a first or top 5 prospect for him, something moderate plus whatever needs to go to make the cap work is my limit

Reactions: Rocker13

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I really have no interest in seeing this team trade futures for anything right now. Especially a pending UFA. Too many holes and poor overall play to be fixed by a move like this.
If klingberg and a nothing prospect get it done then sure but any assets used on impending UFAs are just waisted assets. Nothing I have seen from this team this season would have me believe it can go anywhere.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Zadorov is an ideal fit. Its a no brainer. Treliving went hard after Gudas, Deharnais, Dumba and Schenn. We know what he wants to add to the blueline

Only wish he was right handed but we are just gonna have to make due.

Zadorov - Reilly
McCabe - Brodie
Giordano - Lilegren

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Four moves:

Waive Samsonov
Waive Reaves
Sign Kane ~$1.5M x 1
Trade: Klingberg, Holmberg, Lagesson, and 3rd Rd for Zadorov and a 4th Rd

Knies Matthews Kane
Bertuzzi Tavares Marner
Robertson Domi Nylander
Jarnkrok Kampf Gregor

Rielly Brodie
McCabe Liljegren
Giordano Zadorov
Timmins
Benoit

Woll
Jones

Last edited:

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
I could see a bidding war around this player, and I'm not really interested in moving our first round pick or a top prospect. He shouldn't cost that, in any event, but I could see Calgary fielding multiple good offers. I don't think we are going to like the price tag and we don't have this year's second round pick to boot.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Zadorov is an ideal fit. Its a no brainer. Treliving went hard after Gudas, Deharnais, Dumba and Schenn. We know what he wants to add to the blueline

Only wish he was right handed but we are just gonna have to make due.

Zadorov - Reilly
McCabe - Brodie
Giordano - Lilegren
Remember when they tried Rielly on the right side with Muzzin? That was a disaster.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I could see a bidding war around this player, and I'm not really interested in moving our first round pick or a top prospect. He shouldn't cost that, in any event, but I could see Calgary fielding multiple good offers. I don't think we are going to like the price tag and we don't have this year's second round pick to boot.

Zadorov is not the top 4 pairing d-man you’re looking for.

Not worth big assets.

I think the idea of Zadorov is great and he's obviously a lot more serviceable than Klingberg and Giordano most nights but... Yeah... not sure people understand it won't just take a cap dump to make it happen.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Zadorov is not the top 4 pairing d-man you’re looking for.

Not worth big assets.
He’s a third pairing physical defenceman. People, especially Leaf fans overrate him due to his hitting highlights.

With Brodie’s contract expiring, I can see him re-signing on a team friendly deal especially with what his wife is going through and I’m sure a world class organization that is swimming in money like the Leafs would do whatever it takes to him his family through a tough time.

If you re-sign Zadorov to a similar 3.75 million per and then Brodie to around 2.5 million per, you have a really good third pairing in Zadorov - Brodie. Zadorov will need someone to cover up his mistakes when he pinches offensively or goes for a big hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad