Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
They could be showcasing Robertson in hopes they trade him for D help.
I was thinking the same. Which I’m not sure if I agree with or not. When healthy, Robertson has shown he’s NHL ready and currently sparked our secondary scoring which was badly needed. The return on Robertson wouldn’t be anything crazy. I’m thinking a defenceman like Fabbro might be a good target. Eventually when everyone is healthy I’d probably run,

Rielly - Fabbro
McCabe - Liljegren
Lagesson - Brodie
Giordano

Klingberg moved for a pylon for practice.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
They could be showcasing Robertson in hopes they trade him for D help.
We need the secondary scoring

We need to stay put until we get some guys back from injury, I don't see how we can sort this out now without getting screwed

Pretty much. Once we get some healthy bodies in, we'll see what Treliving does but I feel like it's heading one way.

Klingberg right now is getting absolutely sh** on by every fan, journalist and analyst in the NHL. I haven't seen this much piling on since Toskala let in THE goal. I don't think there's any way he can redeem himself anytime soon other than to go to the Marlies, or another NHL team if he gets claimed, and get away from it.

Not to say someone like Robertson can't be traded for a good player back but generally speaking, he's been very good and the Leafs should keep him. Benoit and Lagesson have showed that they can play in a bottom pairing role. They keep it simple and they play aggressive.

Last edited:

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
I think getting rid of Klingberg would be addition by subtraction. I would give him a few weeks and pp1 time to re build some value until Timmons is healthy and then try to trade him for someone.

Beauvillier is rumoured to be available and Vancouver is looking for a rhd. They’re both the same cap hit on expiring deals. Maybe something can be worked out?

ChazzMichaelMichaels

Jul 10, 2014
Trying to think of someone that Leafs could attempt to acquire that wouldn't cost someone like Robertson.

Wonder what Dylan Coghlan would cost? Behind a huge logjam at Carolina, capable at playing in the NHL, having a good season. I think he signed a $800,000 one way deal so maybe a team like Carolina would want to move someone like him to get some real $ savings and give him a chance to play.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Garland (1M) retained for Klingberg?

Garland would be 3.95M at that point, not bad for a middle 6 guy with some offensive pop.

Vancouver gets out of a deal with term they don't want and the Leafs lose the reincarnation of Andy Wozniewski.

1699550809385.png

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Would the return of Zach Bogosian have helped our D?

He was acquired by the Wild for very little.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Garland would be 3.95M at that point, not bad for a middle 6 guy with some offensive pop.

Vancouver gets out of a deal with term they don't want and the Leafs lose the reincarnation of Andy Wozniewski.

Klingberg, Kampf and a pick or something for Garland and Beauvilier at 50%. 2 issues for 2 issues, cap is almost 1 for 1.

I don't think it makes much sense for the Canucks though but hey... maybe I dunno. Garland has been on the block for awhile and Beauvilier is on the block now. No idea what the Leafs can do with 2 more wingers either.

Last edited:

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Would the return of Zach Bogosian have helped our D?

He was acquired by the Wild for very little.
Yes, given the current situation (injuries). He's probably a depth option on a healthy blueline though.

Reactions: Al14

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

View attachment 765499

Garland has too much term left for me to be comfortable..if he flops or doesn't.find chemistry even at 3ish mil that's a burden

Reactions: arso40 and SprDaVE

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Garland has too much term left for me to be comfortable..if he flops or doesn't.find chemistry even at 3ish mil that's a burden

Beauvilier would be better for sure, and there was a report they are shopping him right now. His contract is pretty much identical. But I don't think they would have any interest in Klingberg for very obvious reasons.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

Beauvilier would be better for sure, and there was a report they are shopping him right now. His contract is pretty much identical. But I don't think they would have any interest in Klingberg for very obvious reasons.

Beauvilier would be okay...even on the 4th line he's an upgrade over Reaves at worst.

I'm almost positive we'd need to add.

Christ I wish we just kept Lafferty.

horner

May 22, 2007
They should have traded Nylander last year, they didn't, so then you should have traded marner, now they can't, Logically you let it play out and expect a different result from the same group (they lose to the cup final team every year argument ) or you trade Nylander at less value cause now he's a rental or traded as a 10 mill player

my vote is for trading Nylander, he's hot, maybe a team would bite, get multiple pieces bring in some youth, hungry players or maybe hockey move with a team like Panthers, Ekblad for Nylander

They need scoring, Montour has taken that next step, OEL has been solid and they have Forlsing

Ekblad and Knight for Nylander
Then try and flip Samsonov or Wall to AHL
Ekblad is on LTIR he has never played a full season since the 2018-19 aeason . He has had a couple or 3 concussion.
Knight is in the minors

No thanks

Reactions: arso40

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Klingberg isn't getting ahead of Hughes for PP time, either.

If they can move him, Chicago or Calgary could be likely.

Reactions: SprDaVE

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Klingberg isn't getting ahead of Hughes for PP time, either.

If they can move him, Chicago or Calgary could be likely.

There was so much waves about his play over the last few games that I don't think he'd get claimed on waivers either.

So I'm not sure what the Leafs can do to fix it and I dunno how Klingberg, the person, can deal with all that either.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Guys that make around 1M....Stanley, Reilly or Valimaki...Valimaki would be the most preferable one but not sure how much Arizona would want

Dermott makes 800k but not sure he would help anymore than Laggesson or Benoit.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
There was so much waves about his play over the last few games that I don't think he'd get claimed on waivers either.

So I'm not sure what the Leafs can do to fix it and I dunno how Klingberg, the person, can deal with all that either.
They could probably do it if they ate half his money and/or attached another attractive piece.

The other team could then flip Klingberg at the deadline at 2ish for a mid-round pick.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Leafs have trade John Klingberg to Skelleftea AIK, for Petter Grandberg.

Leafs have loaned Petter Granberg to Skelleftea AIK.

Leafs have retired #3 for jersey usage.

• Haha
Reactions: arso40 and TMLAM34

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Guys that make around 1M....Stanley, Reilly or Valimaki...Valimaki would be the most preferable one but not sure how much Arizona would want

Dermott makes 800k but not sure he would help anymore than Laggesson or Benoit.
Valimaki is certainly worth a lot more than the others.

That may cost something that would sting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad