Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
....and why would the Leafs want to move Brodie, he's their rock.
Why? he’s a anchor tied around the D’s ankle imo. Bring in Peeke, Tanev, Zaradov. Lose Klingberg, Brodie, McCabe/Geo. This D sucks, I’m okay with losing some offense from the D to be better equipped at defending especially with a Woll/Sampsonov tandem in net. Of course probably doesn’t work cap wise, and doubt there’s many takers for said players, plus gonna have to throw in a forward/prospect/pick to get it done, but it’d be a step in the right direction imo…….

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Get over it with the being a horrible human being BS. Multiple players in the NHL have done some pretty stupid crap, Kane's drama was just glorified for whatever reason.
Problem child, hard pass. And yes he can play, no doubt about it…….

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Why? he’s a anchor tied around the D’s ankle imo. Bring in Peeke, Tanev, Zaradov. Lose Klingberg, Brodie, McCabe/Geo. This D sucks, I’m okay with losing some offense from the D to be better equipped at defending especially with a Woll/Sampsonov tandem in net. Of course probably doesn’t work cap wise, and doubt there’s many takers for said players, plus gonna have to throw in a forward/prospect/pick to get it done, but it’d be a step in the right direction imo…….
Not sure what you're basing that on or why you'd think you'd lose offense moving Brodie but I don't think you'll find many, if any, that agree with that.

Reactions: arso40 and Buds17

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
What?
I don't expect him to be moved anyway but he's not deserving of that, IMO.
He had better be hurt because he hasn’t done shit this season, at least so far…….

Not really. I think the only thing since being in Edmonton was being removed from his Hockey Diversity Alliance position for not helping at all.
His reasoning for getting into a fight a couple of games ago was because he was sitting on the bench most of the game, so why not sit in the penalty box. Great attitude if you ask me……..

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Not sure what you're basing that on or why you'd think you'd lose offense moving Brodie but I don't think you'll find many, if any, that agree with that.
Peeke, Tanev, and Zaradov would greatly improve this team’s D, I don’t know how that could be disputed…….

Reactions: arso40

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Peeke, Tanev, and Zaradov would greatly improve this team’s D, I don’t know how that could be disputed…….
My reply seemed pretty clear, the dispute is your comment about Brodie , 'he’s a anchor tied around the D’s ankle imo."

Reactions: arso40

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I am fairly sure that Bertuzzi's waives his NMC if he ends up on the 4th line. He is in a contract year and can't be buried at the end of the bench. And anyone who trades for him is going to play him.
He must be playing injured. Having him come playoff time is when you get your money’s worth out of him imo…….

My reply seemed pretty clear, the dispute is your comment about Brodie , 'he’s a anchor tied around the D’s ankle imo."
You go to the games so you must be seeing things that aren’t apparent to watching him on TV……….

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
He must be playing injured. Having him come playoff time is when you get your money’s worth out of him imo…….

You go to the games so you must be seeing things that aren’t apparent to watching him on TV……….
What is apparent on tv? The guy is +5 on what everyone considers a weak defensive team with terrible goaltending.
The D needs to be strengthened, he's not the one to remove to do that.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
What is apparent on tv? The guy is +5 on what everyone considers a weak defensive team with terrible goaltending.
The D needs to be strengthened, he's not the one to remove to do that.
I don't think any of the ex-Flames (Brodie and Jarnkrok) are going anywhere in season.

What's quite alarming, however, is looking at the the D-core that's under contract or control past this year.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
No rush to move Bert .. only if Knies and Robertson both establish themselves

Even then Bert might prove to be a quality physical winger for the playoffs.

Yeah, even if he has a so-so year hes likely better than any tdl addition and the team doesn't need to spend anything

Plus I still have hope he finds his groove here

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

Grass isn’t always greener bud, Peeke and Zadarov aren’t upgrades on Brodie/McCabe. Tanev is but is also aging out.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Grass isn’t always greener bud, Peeke and Zadarov aren’t upgrades on Brodie/McCabe. Tanev is but is also aging out.

I read many times last year that Schenn wasn't an upgrade on Holl and that turned out to be woefully false.

Some of these advanced stats really are useless as hell when evaluating D. I don't think anybody on here knows what D would fit the team best.

Reactions: Kurtz

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I read many times last year that Schenn wasn't an upgrade on Holl and that turned out to be woefully false.

Some of these advanced stats really are useless as hell when evaluating D. I don't think anybody on here knows what D would fit the team best.

Even traditional stats would prove me right. Peeke played 2 games but otherwise has been a healthy scratch for one of the worst teams in the league… yet he is an upgrade on Brodie/McCabe?

Not to say he can’t be an upgrade over time if acquired, but to think it can be an immediate upgrade is wishful thinking

Last edited:
Reactions: Rare Jewel

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Peeke is definitely not an upgrade over Brodie or McCabe at the moment.

I do think acquiring him though would be a good idea and someone similar to Schenn can slide in next to Rielly and really help each other excel.

Rielly has always seemed to work better with a pure defensive dman (Hainsey and Schenn).

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Even traditional stats would prove me right. Peeke played 2 games but otherwise has been a healthy scratch for one of the worst teams in the league… yet he is an upgrade on Brodie/McCabe?

Not to say he can’t be an upgrade overtime if acquired, but to think it can be an immediate upgrade is wishful thinking
He'd be an upgrade over Gio IMO. But not Brodie/McCabe.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Dryden is on waivers
SOUp is on waivers

Do it Tre, put Reaves on waivers

Make it an all leafs day

Reactions: sxvnert

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
A change of scenery deal: Bertuzzi for Vrána

Knies Matthews Marner
Vrána Tavares Nylander

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Peeke is definitely not an upgrade over Brodie or McCabe at the moment.

I do think acquiring him though would be a good idea and someone similar to Schenn can slide in next to Rielly and really help each other excel.

Rielly has always seemed to work better with a pure defensive dman (Hainsey and Schenn

I actually oil
Depending on the price I’d be very interested in peeke good age decent cost if we can get him t fit

Reactions: TMLAM34
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad