Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Do you think the Avs are saying the same thing after being shut out in 4 of their past 7 games? Is it possible that contending teams can have slumps?

It's 100% possible.

Given the previous seasons and core's track records in crunch time, who do you think is capable of pulling out of it?

Avs are without Landeskog, have won a cup and won numerous 1st rounds

We took like 7 years to win 1 round

It's just the (unfortunate) reality.

Reactions: rumman

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
It's 100% possible.

Given the previous seasons and core's track records in crunch time, who do you think is capable of pulling out of it?

Avs are without Landeskog, have won a cup and won numerous 1st rounds

We took like 7 years to win 1 round

It's just the (unfortunate) reality.

They lost in the 2nd round 3 years in a row before winning. Obviously better than the Leafs, which isn't saying much, but hardly a team that pushed consistency levels in the playoffs. Making the 2nd round isn't really something to boast about. They won, and then lost in the first round the following year.

MacKinnon was 26 years old when they won. Same age as Matthews right now.

Reactions: uncleben

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
They lost in the 2nd round 3 years in a row before winning. Obviously better than the Leafs, which isn't saying much, but hardly a team that pushed consistency levels in the playoffs. They won, and then lost in the first round the following year.

comparing the Avs to the Leafs is like comparing apples to oranges, they're both fruit, that about it..........

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
They lost in the 2nd round 3 years in a row before winning. Obviously better than the Leafs, which isn't saying much, but hardly a team that pushed consistency levels in the playoffs. Making the 2nd round isn't really something to boast about. They won, and then lost in the first round the following year.

comparing the Avs to the Leafs is like comparing apples to oranges, they're both fruit, that about it..........

Consistently being able to close out at least a round is 1 thing. They needed to make additions though, goaltending let them down a bunch or not enough depth.

Adding Lehkonen, Toews, Manson, No Kadri suspension etc all helped.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Consistently being able to close out at least a round is 1 thing. They needed to make additions though, goaltending let them down a bunch or not enough depth.

Adding Lehkonen, Toews, Manson, No Kadri suspension etc all helped.
excuses are like a**holes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks there's is the only one that doesn't stink.........

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
My only point is that all contending teams slump at some point during a season. The Leafs win tonight and then roll off a few more wins this week against mediocre/bad teams, and all of a sudden they are back near the top of the league. Give it 30 or 40 games and see where they are at. I expect they will be at the top of the conference by that point.

Reactions: uncleben

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
We're definitely going to be fine this season. I don't think we're going to be fine in the playoffs. We had a really nice deadline last year and we were the 2nd best team against the Bolts and Panthers

I think you guys nailed it that we should stay the course. Can't see management not making a push with Matthews at this level though.

It is a waste if we go all in, and it's a waste if we don't.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Calgary is apparently calling around regarding Hanifin, Tanev and Zadorov.

I’d love Hanifin here. Zadorov is good too but I’d prefer Hanifin.

What do you guys think the cost would be?

Cowan+?

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Zadorov+Tanev would be a nice package.

Rielly-Tanev
Brodie-Liljegren
McCabe-Zadorov
/Giordano

If you can make Klingberg vanish that would be great.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
While I'd like a Hughes or Makar, I could even go with a no-name group like this:

1699308757411.png

Reactions: Rocker13

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Maybe Brodie would go back with Treliving gone?
I doubt he'd really want to leave Toronto but Brodie and Tanev are basically the same player just one shoots right. If McCabe could play the way we know he could then I'd be ok with moving Brodie but it'd be nice to have Tanev and Brodie on seperate pairs and then used as a shutdown pair together when we have a lead.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Maybe Brodie would go back with Treliving gone?
Brodie’s gnna be moved, it’s inevitable…….

I doubt he'd really want to leave Toronto but Brodie and Tanev are basically the same player just one shoots right. If McCabe could play the way we know he could then I'd be ok with moving Brodie but it'd be nice to have Tanev and Brodie on seperate pairs and then used as a shutdown pair together when we have a lead.
To me Tanev is miles better than Brodie, it’s just his durability that concerns me…….

I just drew up a 3 way with Chi and CGY, but anytime Nylander is involved, people get touchy. lol
Come on spill the beans, inquiring minds and all…….

scout20

Jul 21, 2022
Trade Kampf and a second rd pick to the Sharks for Duclair at 50% retained! He would add some secondary scoring and some speed to the line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad