Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Now that Forsling is likely re-signing in Florida

Off-season version 251531

Hinges on Woll and if the Pens are still practically giving away Pettersson, they also need cap space for Guentzel.

View attachment 760925
View attachment 760926

View attachment 760927
No magic bullet is going to fix this team. Gotta hope they get hot before the playoffs like Texas did.

The answer is to draft and develop not what they have been doing since the keys were handed to a rookie GM who had/has his head in the clouds

Reactions: rumman

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
It would be a balls move but maybe Marner for Lindholm and Andersson

probably add on both sides but getting Andersson would be hard for Flames when they probably want to move Tanev and Hanifin first. Would be interested if they would be tempted though
They've go kadri, hubredeau, Markstrom, Weegar all under contract so they can't just rebuild

Marner would have to agree to it?

Not sure what Lindholm wants but assume 7 to 8 range
Resign Nylander around 9.5

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
I've been saying for weeks now, Marner is the player to be moved on this team and with the way Calgary is going, they'd make a great trade partner.

To Toronto-
Andersson
Zadorov
Lindholm
Mangiapane

To Calgary-
Marner
Brodie
Jarnkrok
Robertson
1st Round Pick

Talk about a blockbuster lol

• Haha
Reactions: Mckay

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I don't know why people consistently propose moving Marner as the best asset in a trade AND have the Leafs give up a 1st+...
Or continually ignore he can’t be traded, it why 88 has to go, unless losing assets for nothing is the objective…….

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
I've been saying for weeks now, Marner is the player to be moved on this team and with the way Calgary is going, they'd make a great trade partner.

To Toronto-
Andersson
Zadorov
Lindholm
Mangiapane

To Calgary-
Marner
Brodie
Jarnkrok
Robertson
1st Round Pick

It’s too late to trade Marner. He has a NMC and doesn’t want to leave.

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
Reaves has been every bit as bad as I was afraid he would be. Hard not to think how much better a 4th line would be of Gregor - Kampf - Lafferty.

Honestly I would try and dump him. He cannot be in the lineup for the playoffs, and we need his capspace as we desperatedly need a 3C and another guy on D.

Absolutely we should be all over Frost.

tony135420

Jul 30, 2007
It would be a balls move but maybe Marner for Lindholm and Andersson

probably add on both sides but getting Andersson would be hard for Flames when they probably want to move Tanev and Hanifin first. Would be interested if they would be tempted though
They've go kadri, hubredeau, Markstrom, Weegar all under contract so they can't just rebuild

Marner would have to agree to it?

Not sure what Lindholm wants but assume 7 to 8 range
Resign Nylander around 9.5
Trading Marner would be a bold move, Cotton!

Not a smart one, but a bold one. MM has had a pretty trash start to the season for his standards, but moving him creates a pretty large gap on the right side, even with Lindholm coming back. I'm not on board in moving any of the core 4 (JT only because he can't be moved) until at least January. Gives all players time to settle down and get some consistency to their game. I'm less interested in dominating from October-December (unless they're an absolute crap show) and more interested in how they've played up to that point. How are the lines meshing? Is Keefe still trying to find stable lines in January? Then that's a problem.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Reaves has been every bit as bad as I was afraid he would be. Hard not to think how much better a 4th line would be of Gregor - Kampf - Lafferty.

Honestly I would try and dump him. He cannot be in the lineup for the playoffs, and we need his capspace as we desperatedly need a 3C and another guy on D.

is frost available? I kind of find it hard to believe tbh. Also wasn't the last thing about how Flyers basically have overpriced the living crap out of their players so its hard to do trade with them.

It is still early and a long season though.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

It's not surprising, but save for Gregor and some offensive spurts from Klingberg, the new guys or re-signed guys have underwhelmed.

As for the 3c, they've needed one since Kadri was moved, so nothing new there.

Reactions: Skullz

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Or continually ignore he can’t be traded, it why 88 has to go, unless losing assets for nothing is the objective…….
Why would the Leafs be losing an asset for nothing?

Deep breath here.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
I wouldn't mind flipping bertuzzi like we flipped ritchie.

Explore getting a 3c ufa who isn't off to the best start.

Duchene + third for Bertuzzi

-----------------------------------------------

Knies - Matthews - Nylander
Domi - Tavares - Marner
Robertson - Duchene - Jarnkrok
Gregor - Kampf - McMann
Reaves

Rielly - Brodie
Mccabe - Liljegren
Giordano -Klingberg

Woll
Samsonov

-----------------------------------

A move like this gives us cap flexibility to add another winger who can penalty kill later in the year. It also allows us to carry an extra forward to move reaves in and out of the lineup, ensuring that when he plays, he's fresh.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario

To Toronto-
Andersson
Zadorov
Lindholm
Mangiapane

To Calgary-
Marner
Brodie
Jarnkrok
Robertson
1st Round Pick

when's the last time one team gave up that many roster players in a trade?

It’s too late to trade Marner. He has a NMC and doesn’t want to leave.

it's not too late if he wants an 8th year on his next deal. also if what your saying is true then we should be able to low ball him and re-sign him.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Leafland
In order for us to get better we have to get rid of the players who are redundant.

I’m sure the team is looking into having a third line that can score to give the secondary scoring we need

Kampf isn’t good enough for an offensive position and not a crash and bang center for a fourth line. He has to go

Janrok can only get points by playing top six and he really isn’t good enough to compliment a top six.
He has to go

Use that 5.5 to get some defense.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
We should have went after Ryan Johansen with the 50% retention or Matt Duchene for 3 million. Would have solved our 3C issue.

Reactions: MarMarSab3

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
Hanifin has apparently put contract talks on hold with the Flames. I’d love to scoop him up. Our D needs some serious upgrading/de-aging
It’s been reported Calgary owner was very pissed at Treliving when he left and that it’s highly unlikely Leafs will be a trade partner for Calgary because of that very reason. I mean just look at the deals Treliving signed his last year in Calgary , you think the Calgary owner wants to make our team better ?

Reactions: arso40

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
I’d be calling Washington trying to dump salary. I’d start with Klingberg+Kampf+sweetener for TVR+Dowd then go from there with 2.25M in cap savings. Not sure what it would take as a sweetener.

Reactions: arso40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad