Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Frost would be a good target. Plays a sound 200ft game. Decent in the faceoff circle, an area hopefully he can continue improving on and provides good speed and hockey IQ.

I can see Philadelphia having interest in Timmins + for Frost.

To Toronto: Morgan Frost
To Philadelphia: Connor Timmins + Pontus Holmberg

Knies - Matthews - Marner
Bertuzzi - Tavares - Nylander
Domi - Frost - Jarnkrok
Gregor - Kampf - Reaves

Reactions: Phion Keneuf

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Peeke - very availabe

Frost - Probably available

Laughton - Friedman said teams asked in the summer and the cost was absurd

Veleno - Is he available? Had a good start

McBain/Crouse/Hayton - Are they actually available?

Fabbro I think was a name that could have been going back to Vancouver for Garland before Schenn got injured.

Borgen...is he actually available? He's young and has term, Schultz is UFA and seems more likely.
I’ve been mentioning Veleno’s name for quite some time now here. I think he would work really well with Gregor. He’s off to a good start but he’s not much more than a bottom six if not 4th liner.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Frost would be a good target. Plays a sound 200ft game. Decent in the faceoff circle, an area hopefully he can continue improving on and provides good speed and hockey IQ.

Domi - Frost - Jarnkrok
Gregor - Kampf - Reaves
Good evening, Mr Frost

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
To Leafs:
Kaapo Kahkonen @ $1.375M ($1.375M retained)
Mario Ferraro @ $1.75M ($1.5M retained per)

To Sharks:
Ilya Samsonov
Conor Timmins
Pontus Holmberg

To Leafs:
Morgan Frost

To Flyers:
Nick Robertson
2023 4th rounder

Total net cap change:
$0

Trying to think of trades that make the cap work is a pain in the ass. Other than Samsonov, it’s really only Kampf, Brodie and Jarnkrok who we can move. Kampf just re-signed, Brodie would only go for a superior D and would probably be a cap dump in that situation, and Jarnkrok at $2.1M is worth keeping around imo.

Last edited:

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Good evening, Mr Frost
I wouldn’t do that

3 UFA's would love to sign 2 of these players
Carolina wont be able to sign both
With the signings @ llast yrs UFA''s to me they were all a mil more than the should have been example Schenn 2.75 mil

It's time to look after the D

Skjie 7 mil
Pesce 7 mil
Zadorov 4 mil

Cowen Minten knies Woll Holmberg all on ELC contracts

Trade
Jamcrock
Kampf

We have 38 mil in cap space

Nylander 10 mil
Bertuzzi 6.5 mil
Skjie 7 mil
Zadorov 4 mil
Ljiligren 2 mil
Brodie 3.5 mil
Domi 4 mil
Total 37 mil
Lily strikes me as an easy going guy but he doesn’t sign at 2 mil either he’s going to be your second if not best defencemen in a year or two

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Edit -> Fantasy lineup more than anything. Not even sure how you make these trades. Cap fits, and we end up being a good sized team, with actual snot, not pretend snot. Some good size, add Kane for more skill, more size in the D, and overall harder to play against. IMO, more of a playoff style team.

Out.
Domi
Bertuzzi
Brodie
Kampf
Reaves

In
Kane $1.9
Comtois $775k
Zadorov @ 50%
Weegar
Crouse
McBain

Crouse Matthews Marner
Jarnkrok Tavares Nylander
Knies Bjugstad Kane
Comtois McBain Gregor

Rielly Weegar
McCabe Liljegren
Zadorov Klingberg
Giordano.

Don't ask how it gets done.... but it adds size, toughness and players under control for the most part.

Last edited:

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
I think Nick Robertson deserves a 20 game stint with the big club before we consider moving him.

We need depth scoring BADLY and he's the only guy in the system with a shot that can beat a goalie clean.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I think Nick Robertson deserves a 20 game stint with the big club before we consider moving him.

We need depth scoring BADLY and he's the only guy in the system with a shot that can beat a goalie clean.

Agreed... we don't move Robertson at this point. Leave him with the Marlies though, at least for now. He's got a few things to work on... not the least being learning to get the shot off, with less space and time.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Out.
Domi
Bertuzzi
Brodie
Kampf
Reaves

In
Kane $1.9
Comtois $775k
Zadorov @ 50%
Weegar
Crouse
McBain

Crouse Matthews Marner
Jarnkrok Tavares Nylander
Knies Bjugstad Kane
Comtois McBain Gregor

Rielly Weegar
McCabe Liljegren
Zadorov Klingberg
Giordano.

Don't ask how it gets done.... but it adds size, toughness and players under control for the most part.
Bert and Domi need a few more weeks before I start prepping to move them.

Reactions: uncleben

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Bert and Domi need a few more weeks before I start prepping to move them.
I"m not shipping them out due to a lack of patience... and I would never expect the team to actually make such moves. But, it's more of a fantasy lineup... I just think we need a heavier team, that is harder to play against. That adds a bunch of size, and some actual snot, not pretend snot to the team.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
There goes my Forsling idea.

1698693823085.png

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015

Or he can wait his turn like everyone else and stfu about his "stock".

Reactions: WTFMAN99

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Or he can wait his turn like everyone else and stfu about his "stock".

He's missed so much time.

He had a good couple games to start the year but pretty cold since.

He's already been passed by other prospects in the system, he's going to have to really earn it.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
He's missed so much time.

He had a good couple games to start the year but pretty cold since.

He's already been passed by other prospects in the system, he's going to have to really earn it.
Got a point on Saturday, and is point per game.....

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005

Domi - Frost - Jarnkrok
Gregor - Kampf - Reaves
I am really on the fence about him as you are relying on a single good year. Not great on faceoffs and weak analytics (but shot based metrics are skewed with being on a bad team. If they could get him for Jarn+ to balance salaries that would be good. Flyers have the space and they aren't going to be winning anything the next couple of years. Depends on how much Torts dislikes him as he apparently seems to because the + can't be a lot. I would consider him a risky acquisition but since he was just resigned and is a former 1st rounder I have a feeling he would cost a young asset with a higher ceiling.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

I would give Robbie a good look on the 3rd line with Max, and Knies. And see if they can hold their own.
Then have Kampf, Gregor with Reaves/Holmberg depending on opponents.

I had high hope of Holmberg but he didn’t improve upon last year if anything he seemed to regress a bit.

Reactions: horner

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Domi - Frost - Jarnkrok
Gregor - Kampf - Reaves

Getting Morgan Frost would be a nice skill upgrade for the forward group and some Leaf related nepotism with his dad Andy Frost being our PA and radio guy for so long. Would be a nice story.

Also, a little youth movement of Frost, Knies, Minten, Cowan makes for a nice middle 6 4x pack in the next couple of years while we have our big forward contracts.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Getting Morgan Frost would be a nice skill upgrade for the forward group and some Leaf related nepotism with his dad Andy Frost being our PA and radio guy for so long. Would be a nice story.

Also, a little youth movement of Frost, Knies, Minten, Cowan makes for a nice middle 6 4x pack in the next couple of years while we have our big forward contracts.
Add Grebenkin in there and hopefully another prospect of ours can make the step and then we have an entire middle 6 to pair up with the big guns. All for it

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

I like Frost as 3C over Holmberg.. more offensive upside

Can move out Jarnkrok as well.. I feel like he just doesn’t have a set role on this team.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I like Frost as 3C over Holmberg.. more offensive upside

Can move out Jarnkrok as well.. I feel like he just doesn’t have a set role on this team.

I'd take all 3 those players over Kampf in a heart beat. The thing with Holmberg is that he doesn't get minutes and gets put with some pretty bad offensive players going back to last year. I feel like he helps the fourth line a lot right now. He's pretty underrated in terms of speed and aggressiveness. I would love to see someone switch in for Reaves for a few games to see how it does.

I've been pushing for the Leafs to trade for Frost way before he broke up last year when he couldn't get consistent minutes and was approaching waiver wire status. Kampf and maybe a pick or something would be my highest offer. Probably not something that would happen because I think the Leafs/Keefe like Kampf a lot more than I do. I think Tortorella would love Kampf as well.

Last edited:

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I like Morgan Frost as a player, but I really wonder if that's what the team needs. 5'11" 170lb....

I mean, at least he might be available, which is a thing, and he could be an upgrade for sure.

But give me Jack McBain instead, 6'4" 212lb.... and I appreciate he doesn't have the same offensive upside... though he's at 6 points in 8 games so far... which I don't think is sustainable, and mostly on the backs of last nights 4 point game. McBain has some faceoff work to do, but this is a kid with 300 hits last year, size, he's going to be a 30 point guy... maybe even a 40 point guy...

McBain is a good hockey player, who can also do the rough stuff, and we need some of that. Screw Reaves... get a McBain.

Or maybe try and get both? But we need some D upgrades too.

Last nights 4 point highlights.

Reactions: weems

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I like Morgan Frost as a player, but I really wonder if that's what the team needs. 5'11" 170lb....

I mean, at least he might be available, which is a thing, and he could be an upgrade for sure.

But give me Jack McBain instead, 6'4" 212lb.... and I appreciate he doesn't have the same offensive upside... though he's at 6 points in 8 games so far... which I don't think is sustainable, and mostly on the backs of last nights 4 point game. McBain has some faceoff work to do, but this is a kid with 300 hits last year, size, he's going to be a 30 point guy... maybe even a 40 point guy...

McBain is a good hockey player, who can also do the rough stuff, and we need some of that. Screw Reaves... get a McBain.

He also got into a tilt last night with Tinordi.
Reaves was on the extreme super low end of that playstyle of player and maybe we need to upgrade to the Zadorov, McBain tier.

Reactions: Fogelhund

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Last nights 4 point highlights.

Yeah I think Frost is a legitimately skilled player who isn’t a skilled player project the way a 4th round pick might be.

I’m really surprised McBain didn’t become a Leaf. Wasn’t he a Toronto born college UFA too? Wasn’t too high profile. But chose Arizona for some reason, guess for the playing time. Maybe to pay them back for us having Matthews and Knies from the Phoenix area…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad