Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
If they move both of their acquisitions this year...this year...it would signal they were completely unprepared to manage the franchise becoming a top team - Dubas level dysfunction.

Good point, and they're just getting their feet wet. They can look pretty slick but if they run into the Preds first round and Saros is hot it could be the makings of the big first round upset.
I am just gonna say it but I think they have a first round choke coming up.

Reactions: ER89

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Dermott, Sandin, and now maybe Lilly. Maybe it's team's development system thats the problem.
Injury/health has played a part for Dermott and Lili.

Ya gotta think it’s way too early to give up on Lil.

I’m not really inclined to comment on coaching too much, because what do I know, really….but there’s a better player in there that hasn’t come together yet.

Moving him is likely a regrettable move.

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
Lily's potential is as cloudy as his unusual draft day.

He shows glimpses on both offense and defense that suggest he could grow into more. But after flat lining he got a show me contract, and then flat lined.

With where the Leafs are right now I'm not going to harangue them if he gets pushed out trying to move and shake this team into a winner. We do need more puck moving defensemen than just Rielly though.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I'd trade Lily in a package for Larsson or Borgen. It's easier to find a RD partner for Brodie than a top pairing RD for Rielly. You could make an additional trade for a guy like Savard or Jensen, or move McCabe up with Brodie and put Boosh with Benoit.
Friedman is saying that the Kraken aren't interested in trading anyone who isn't a UFA. That means only Eberle and Wenneberg are available from them.

Reactions: aingefan

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
When Rielly has been out, Lily has done well in bigger minutes.

He’s barely at 200 games played too… get’s a great candidate to low ball for term and watch him mature into a steady defender.

He’s also had that high ankle sprain this year.

One issue with Keefe it seems is his ability to develop young players at the NHL level. There have a been a fair share of Marlies graduates and Keefe can’t seem to develop them into quality staples of the line up.
Re. Keefe: Which is odd because he was pumping players up the line from the Marlies while he was there.
I think part of it is standings, part of it environment, part of it stagnant cap and the shrinking middle class.
And re., Lili: he’s always been a steady bloomer with learning curves; they know this, yet they yo yo him more than anyone.
And of course, you’re absolutely right: high ankle sprains are no joke.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I've always been of the opinion that you can't develop D-men in the AHL. The quality of the forwards they face in AHL vs NHL the difference is significant!

I'd give Lily one more year at least to see how he is developing after not being a yo-yo because of freakin' Holl and getting consistent minutes. This is the year of evaluation of young talent IMO on top of retooling.

In terms of Knies I wouldn't mind if they ran

Jankrok-Matthews-Nylander
Bert-Domi-Marner
Knies-Tavares-McMann
4th line

I prefer having Matthews and Marner on different lines
Ha, I swear I didn’t read your posts before posting myself complaining about Lili getting yo-yo’d.
No plagiarism!

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Lily's potential is as cloudy as his unusual draft day.

He shows glimpses on both offense and defense that suggest he could grow into more. But after flat lining he got a show me contract, and then flat lined.

With where the Leafs are right now I'm not going to harangue them if he gets pushed out trying to move and shake this team into a winner. We do need more puck moving defensemen than just Rielly though.
How has Lilijegren 'flat lined'? He's been playing pretty well most of the season outside of a few bad games and some bad mistakes here and there. Seems like even now people put him on a short leash where whenever he makes a few mistakes then he's 'regressing' or not doing well even when he's playing solid most of the time.

Why is it that Rielly constantly gets a pass for his less than stellar defensive play and gaffs? Lilijegren has never had that type of opportunity to make mistakes and be allowed to play through them all the time like Rielly has his entire career. Why not just let him play and let him gain experience and teach him to be better? Let him play every game in the playoffs at least 15-20mins and unless he's playing consistently poorly then don't punish him for a mistake here and there. If you want him to develop then you have to throw him into the fire sooner or later so that he can learn how to play under playoff pressure.

We did it for Rielly all these years so why can't we do the same for Lilijegren now?

Reactions: stickty111 and BM14

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
How has Lilijegren 'flat lined'? He's been playing pretty well most of the season outside of a few bad games and some bad mistakes here and there. Seems like even now people put him on a short leash where whenever he makes a few mistakes then he's 'regressing' or not doing well even when he's playing solid most of the time.

Why is it that Rielly constantly gets a pass for his less than stellar defensive play and gaffs? Lilijegren has never had that type of opportunity to make mistakes and be allowed to play through them all the time like Rielly has his entire career. Why not just let him play and let him gain experience and teach him to be better? Let him play every game in the playoffs at least 15-20mins and unless he's playing consistently poorly then don't punish him for a mistake here and there. If you want him to develop then you have to throw him into the fire sooner or later so that he can learn how to play under playoff pressure.

We did it for Rielly all these years so why can't we do the same for Lilijegren now?
Rielly is inconsequential to evaluating Lily.

Lily flat lining refers to him being a potential second pairing quality for three years running. With where the team is right now in the life cycle tough decisions need to be made. I'm fine keeping him or parting ways depending on the opportunity.

Reactions: Leterman

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
What do we trade to get …
Blais
Torpochenko
Parayko

?

1st
Jarnkrok
Robertson
Liljegren
Timmins

St.L retains %50 on Torpochenko and $500,000 on Parayko (per year)
What about an all in type of deal where get buchnevich and parayko

You’d have to send Brodie + kampf + Samsonov back to make the cap work. It would be basically putting all our eggs in the Woll basket.

Parayko
Buchnevich 20% retained

Brodie
Kampf
Samsonov
Robertson
1st

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
I think Tony DeAngelo would be more like the player the Leafs get. Comes dirt cheap without NTC/NMC, Carolina willing to retain and would be Klingberg's replacement. We are shopping in the bargain bin and need to keep our limited assets. Sizable portion of the team is unlikeable anyway...what difference is one more jerk going to make? Would you rather have Justin Holl from a different team's bargain bin? We're shopping at Value Village, not Saks Fifth Avenue.

Last edited:

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Pagnotta says we’re still looking at Sean Walker. He’s mentioned Savard, Parayko, Walker in the last 2-3 days. Yeah that first rounder is getting traded for sure

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
What about an all in type of deal where get buchnevich and parayko

You’d have to send Brodie + kampf + Samsonov back to make the cap work. It would be basically putting all our eggs in the Woll basket.

Parayko
Buchnevich 20% retained

Brodie
Kampf
Samsonov
Robertson
1st
I can't imagine the Blues falling for that.

Reactions: TMLAM34

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
To Toronto-
Parayko
Toropchenko

To St.Louis-
Brodie
Robertson
Niemela
1st Round Pick

To Toronto-
Peeke
Jenner

To Columbus-
Liljegren
Jarnkrok
Minten

Domi-Matthews-Nylander
McMann-Jenner-Marner
Knies-Tavares-Bertuzzi
Holmberg-Kampf-Toropchenko

Rielly-Parayko
McCabe-Peeke
Benoit-Lyubushkin

Last edited:

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Pagnotta says we’re still looking at Sean Walker. He’s mentioned Savard, Parayko, Walker in the last 2-3 days. Yeah that first rounder is getting traded for sure

Parayko at 6.5 til he’s 37? Career high 35 points and has clearly lost a step Parayko?

Best I can do is a 2nd, a prospect, Jarnkrok and Bert and that’s with retention

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Those two Philly guys are getting moved imo. If you can’t come to terms on an extension with 2 days left until the deadline then more than likely they’re going to free agency. Would love to have an expanded deal and get a forward included as well

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
Parayko at 6.5 til he’s 37? Career high 35 points and has clearly lost a step Parayko?
I thought the same thing about him but his actual skating metrics are all in the top half of the league:
Screen Shot 2024-03-06 at 7.27.00 AM.png

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Even at paraykos full contract hes still worth it. In 4-5 years the leafs will need to start a full rebuild anyways.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I think Tony DeAngelo would be more like the player the Leafs get. Comes dirt cheap without NTC/NMC, Carolina willing to retain and would be Klingberg's replacement. We are shopping in the bargain bin and need to keep our limited assets. Sizable portion of the team is unlikeable anyway...what difference is one more jerk going to make? Would you rather have Justin Holl from a different team's bargain bin? We're shopping at Value Village, not Saks Fifth Avenue.
I think there is a less than zero chance that Treliving acquires DeAngelo. He is not taking on that personality.

Reactions: fahad203

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
They might as well make the trade. Parayko can still skate pretty well. If they can’t do anything in the next 3-5 years then this team is probably getting blown up anyway.

Reactions: TMLAM34
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad