Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero1

Nov 11, 2021
Is Nylander a center? Is he on pace for his second 100+ point season? Is he good defensively? Does his contract end at age 33, or keep going?

This is not a Canada thing, it’s a culture thing.

There were talks that he wanted $12+mill on less term and then rumours that he wouldn’t re-sign. The Canucks called his bluff and started trade discussions with the Canes while leaking it to the media. Now he’s signed for full term at less than $12 mill.

I hate this player over team culture this Leafs team has built.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
If we can move out Kampf and his large deal (for a 4th line center)...that would be ideal in any trade involving a forward back.

He's become Keefe's new Kerfoot. He loves the guy ofr defensive purposes but he's offensive blackhole and gets paid too much for the values he brings. Homlberg has made him expendable too

I don't know if its possible but I would love to somehow add Brandon Duhaime to the 4th line too. Exact type playoff player Id love against Florida or Boston

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Seeing that Pettersson deal... It's happening again isn't it?

Being a Leaf fan is incredibly frustrating.

How do you figure? Pettersson is between Matthews and Nylander in value and he slotted in… between Matthews and Nylander in salary. Pettersson might be underpaid by $400,000 and Nylander could use a $500,000 haircut.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Boston is soft. Florida is the real pain in the Ass. Boston is just a good ass team but ask their fanbse and they're also looking for toughness.

Leafs are actually tougher than Boston as of today

Yeah, Florida is actually my pick to win the Cup this year. They play such a heavy, aggressive, nasty playoff style game. I really think they will be a terrible match up for us unfortunately.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Where’s Liljegren? Any chance he’s being withheld for a bigger D trade along with the 1st round pick?
I hope not, it would be nice to have at least one drafted and developed D man on the team, that being said, I’d trade anyone if it improves the team……

Reactions: arso40

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
To Toronto-
Parayko
Buchnevich

To St.Louis-
Jarnkrok
Brodie
Robertson
Niemela
 Minten
1st Round Pick

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Bertuzzi-Domi-Nylander
Buchnevich-Tavares-McMann
Holmberg-Kampf-Reaves

Rielly-Parayko
McCabe-Lyubushkin
Benoit-Liljegren
Holy overpayment. I like the players coming in for TO though.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
If we can move out Kampf and his large deal (for a 4th line center)...that would be ideal in any trade involving a forward back.

He's become Keefe's new Kerfoot. He loves the guy ofr defensive purposes but he's offensive blackhole and gets paid too much for the values he brings. Homlberg has made him expendable too

I don't know if its possible but I would love to somehow add Brandon Duhaime to the 4th line too. Exact type playoff player Id love against Florida or Boston

Swapping Kampf for a Jenner or a Laughton would be huge. I don't think it's that simple though and likely doesn't happen until the off-season at the earliest.

With that said, Holmberg with Kampf has been pretty good in the last couple weeks. Adding Duhaime to play on that line instead of Gregor and Reaves could be pretty good. It'll be hard to add Duhaime, or a similar player, without mid-tier picks and he's hardly much of an upgrade to really waste more assets.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009

No thanks. Kampf is one of few PK’ers. We need to add a PK forward. Kampf’s playing good hockey, and his line is really clicking

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Swapping Kampf for a Jenner or a Laughton would be huge. I don't think it's that simple though and likely doesn't happen until the off-season at the earliest.

With that said, Holmberg with Kampf has been pretty good in the last couple weeks. Adding Duhaime to play on that line instead of Gregor and Reaves could be pretty good. It'll be hard to add Duhaime, or a similar player, without mid-tier picks and he's hardly much of an upgrade to really waste more assets.

What are your thoughts on Nick Bjugstad? The talking heads were talking about getting him from Arizona about a bigger, more skilled replacement for Kampf.

I'd even consider rolling a bottom six with Bjugstad and Kampf at 3C and 4C. Edmonton loaded up with him last year... but he's never really been effective in the NHL. Sounds ok on paper though.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Leafs have a bottom half prospect pool but they definitely have 3-4 kids that could make the big club in the next 2 years. Very important to balance out the cap situation. And you can always recoup draft picks. It’s a never ending cycle. If things ever hit an unseen situation the Leafs have Marner, Nylander, Matthews, Rielly and numerous others to overhaul the prospect and draft pick cupboard.

Gotta do your best until 2026-2027 when we get a full draft of picks back and Tavares contract is finished

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
What are your thoughts on Nick Bjugstad? The talking heads were talking about getting him from Arizona about a bigger, more skilled replacement for Kampf.

I'd even consider rolling a bottom six with Bjugstad and Kampf at 3C and 4C. Edmonton loaded up with him last year... but he's never really been effective in the NHL. Sounds ok on paper though.

He's pretty solid. He produces decently well and he's pretty good defensively/PK. Funny enough he's like top 3 in minutes among their forwards for the Coyotes. He'd be an upgrade for us for sure if the Coyotes are shopping him.

Reactions: LeafChief

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
How do you figure? Pettersson is between Matthews and Nylander in value and he slotted in… between Matthews and Nylander in salary. Pettersson might be underpaid by $400,000 and Nylander could use a $500,000 haircut.
There's a million right there, which was kind of the point no?

I am fairly sure Hildeby isn't going anywhere. A cheap back up goalie for a few years will do wonders for the cap dynamics.
He won't be traded. He is worth more to us.
Wasn't saying that he would be, but another valuable asset we have.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
There's a million right there, which was kind of the point no?

Wasn't saying that he would be, but another valuable asset we have.
Pettersen is better than Nylander and Marner.

Leafs have a bottom half prospect pool but they definitely have 3-4 kids that could make the big club in the next 2 years. Very important to balance out the cap situation. And you can always recoup draft picks. It’s a never ending cycle. If things ever hit an unseen situation the Leafs have Marner, Nylander, Matthews, Rielly and numerous others to overhaul the prospect and draft pick cupboard.

Gotta do your best until 2026-2027 when we get a full draft of picks back and Tavares contract is finished
Many of them have NMC.

Reactions: PromisedLand

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Yeah, Florida is actually my pick to win the Cup this year. They play such a heavy, aggressive, nasty playoff style game. I really think they will be a terrible match up for us unfortunately.
My counter to that would be that's a physically demanding and taxing style of play throughout 82 games + playoffs. My hope is they run out of steam. Florida are my pick to come out of the East though.

Reactions: BrannigansLaw

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008

Sure, technically, but... When you say "in between" I would think actually more in between, not hugging Nylander. It's almost an identical contract...

It's still early but the last time we heard the Leafs large contracts were "setting a new normal" ....well...

I mean this isn't a Marner/Rantanen situation but it isn't very encouraging either.

Now the landscape could still easily change of course.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011

Florida’s Stanley cup aspirations will come down to Bobrovsky. If he gets hot again, they could very well go all the way. If he’s not that guy though, they are good like many teams but entirely beatable.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Sure, technically, but... When you say "in between" I would think actually more in between, not hugging Nylander. It's almost an identical contract...

It's still early but the last time we heard the Leafs large contracts were "setting a new normal" ....well...

I mean this isn't a Marner/Rantanen situation but it isn't very encouraging either.

Now the landscape could still easily change of course.

Well, that's why I said Pettersson could be $400,000 under the $12 million glamour number and Nylander could be aligned closer to $11 million and is $500,000 over my comfort level.

But that's a $900,000 delta between two players in the same ballpark. We currently have the more productive one. Don't think that's a crisis.

Reactions: arso40

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Florida’s Stanley cup aspirations will come down to Bobrovsky. If he gets hot again, they could very well go all the way. If he’s not that guy though, they are good like many teams but entirely beatable.

I could also see the right combination of injuries impacting them. They play like mofos so they're going to get a lot of licks in and take a beating themselves before Round 1 starts.

Reactions: Sypher04
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad