Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I think Jones knows he will only see the net if one of the other two gets hurt.

I actually think it’s Sammy who goes.

I feel like we'd be acquiring a substantial salary for Samsonov to go, we have a decent amount of cap space to make it happen without sending him out the door.

I actually have no issues in moving Jones to recoup some pick(s), if we get to him, we're probably screwed anyway. He hasn't played a playoff game since 2019...Hildeby is probably fine if it reallllllly came to it but doubt it does.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Why jump to an assumption that he wasn't told in person? Jones knows he's the #3.

Only if he's going to be out long enough to be put on LTIR. At this point, nothing has been said, and typically you don't go on LTIR for a concussion, except in rare circumstances.
True. I guess it really doesn’t make any sense to try and work in all 3.

ashs

Oct 27, 2007
Can we trade jarnkrok for a D, and pickup zar to replace him for cheap.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
RE Lyub. Don’t love it, don’t hate it. It’s fine for depth and cost peanuts.

Pros:
  • RHD
  • Stylistic fit
  • Benefits the PK
  • Chemistry/familiarity is already there

Cons:
  • Another bottom pair D
  • Rental

All in all, he’ll kill cycles, block shots at a high rate, and destroy people at the blueline. We know what he is - a bottom pair D, who if overused will be exposed. The cost reflects that.

The retention scares me a bit. Having to retain 75% to get him below league min suggests that Tre wants to use the full ~4m available cap in a separate trade.

I do not want to trade the 1st rd pick unless a bonafide long-term solution on D is coming back. Not rentals like Tanev, mid options like Walker/Dumba, or ancient guys like Jensen/Savard. We are going to have 0 picks next year. Need to retool the pool this draft and be a big player in UFA for an appropriate aged #2-3D.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
No question they will acquire one more defenseman, and probably a forward, as well. I think the first will be traded as part of acquiring those players.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
They are definitely not done. But if I was Brad that first rounder has to go towards a RHD with term. Now in saying that those are rare to find. Is Larsson available? It would take a lot. I’m not trading it for a few months of Hanifin

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
So what is Columbus going to do and what is the entry fee to get in on it.
Their D has been overcrowded all season and it will get worse with the players they have in the pipeline. I am perplexed how they have not made moves to rectify the situation.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Their D has been overcrowded all season and it will get worse with the players they have in the pipeline. I am perplexed how they have not made moves to rectify the situation.
That team is befuddling, and their season was doomed from the beginning with the Babcock controversy. I wonder if said coach would have used Peeke more than the current coach?

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
To Toronto-
Parayko
Buchnevich

To St.Louis-
Jarnkrok
Brodie
Robertson
Niemela
 Minten
1st Round Pick

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Bertuzzi-Domi-Nylander
Buchnevich-Tavares-McMann
Holmberg-Kampf-Reaves

Rielly-Parayko
McCabe-Lyubushkin
Benoit-Liljegren
Overpayment.

I actually think it’s Sammy who goes.
Despite his roller coaster of a season, I would still feel more comfortable with Samsonov over Jones in the playoffs if Woll gets injured.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
1709333650657.png

Colorado clearing space.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
So what is Columbus going to do and what is the entry fee to get in on it.
I feel like they'll probably just sell a few players for picks and look to reload for next year... again. Without a GM in place yet, Davidson won't probably do too much more before they get their new GM so he can do what he thinks he needs to do.

Kuraly would probably someone the Leafs would like. Jenner would be massive but he ain't going anywhere. I don't think Peeke makes much sense anymore. Severson would alright but don't think they are moving him at all. Provorov pretty meh and scared of rainbows.

Last edited:
Reactions: Menzinger

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Matt Rempe effect?

Could be a secondary effect, I don't think Rempe has changed much, the East already had Reaves, Lucic (for a while), Deslauriers and Olivier.

I think the primary motivation likely is Colorado's cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad