Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Just looking at all the top teams cups odds and I'm not overly impressed with many teams.

Seems like it's pretty wide open for about 9-10 teams.

We're like one strong move away from being as good as any.

It's the widest it's.been open in recent memory. I wouldn't feel remotely confident making any post season predictions right now.

A very interesting opportunity for the right team to be in

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
We ain't trading Bert. Cmon now
C'mon now nothing. McMann has outperformed him and we need defense. You want to trade Robertson? Why? Bert has 7 goals for $5.5 million. You want to give up firsts and prospects instead of an overpaid one year rental bust we don't need.

Last edited:
Reactions: CuuuJooo

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
To Toronto:
Markstrom (2M retained)
Tanev (2M retained) + extended

To Calgary:
Samsonov
Reaves
2024 1R
2025 3R
Niemela

Rielly-Tanev
Brodie-Liljegren
Benoit-McCabe

Markstrom
Woll

Reactions: Phion Keneuf

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
There's no way in hell I'd be burning assets on a goaltender

For a start most of them are wildly inconsistent from season to season and our cap situation next season is bloody tight. A 5M+ goaltender is going to be harder to fit than you could possibly imagine

Get a partner for MO, that's what this team lacks, a top pair RD stabilizing force to play with Rielly
Get that and were talking, wait until Jarnkrok gets back, we're going to have middle 6 forwards coming out of our ears

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Yeah I think we have a general agreement that a RD partner for Rielly who can also bolster the PK is as big a need as anything else.

I still worry about our goaltending faltering and undoing the good we have going elsewhere in the lineup though if I’m being honest.

If the Blues were actually willing to move him we’d be stupid to not table a strong offer for him
It would be very painful

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
i like samsonov but hes a total wildcard are we really going into playoffs with him ?
does tre go after a vet goalie?

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
C'mon now nothing. McMann has outperformed him and we need defense. You want to trade Robertson? Why? Bert has 7 goals for $5.5 million. You want to give up firsts and prospects instead of an overpaid one year rental bust we don't need.
This aged about as well as a glass of milk. Only took 2 hours. That has to be some kind of record.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
You know I don't know we are on his 4 team trade list or not, but I'd be calling the Ducks about Fowler.

According to cap friendly he plays sides, and cap friendly is pretty good with stuff likes that sp I trust them.

2 more years after this one under contract so he's not a rental.

and 6"2 215.

Rielly Fowler

Brodie Lilly

McCabe Benoit

Looks pretty good to me.

Maybe pick up Edmonsun from Washington as the #7 since Timmins is out.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
It's the widest it's.been open in recent memory. I wouldn't feel remotely confident making any post season predictions right now.

A very interesting opportunity for the right team to be in

Is this because Tampa isn't looking good?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
i like samsonov but hes a total wildcard are we really going into playoffs with him ?
does tre go after a vet goalie?

Are you forgetting Woll? You can probably go out and remove all your assets to get a goaltender because that's what it would take to get a true upgrade, but it would be a weird move to make with Woll returning from injury (and was the #1 before said injury) and Samsonov playing back to his value from the previous season.

Why does he need a veteran goaltender when he has Samsonov and Jones, both with played of experience.

Reactions: CincoHolio

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Our top need is undeniably a true RHD to play with Rielly.

Watching Colorado play, I think our 4th line needs to be improved upon too. Ours won’t hold up in the playoffs and it will be a weakness.

I trust Treliving to recognize this.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I think Nashville has multiple pieces that can be had that will fill holes for us.

Someone on the main board suggested our 1st and a prospect + money (Timmins?) for Carrier and Trenin. I'd do that in a heartbeat. Sissons is my main target but I dont see them moving him.

Carrier would be a better "bang for your buck" addition with Trenin attached, than throwing our first at Tanev. Trenin would be a great playoff addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad