Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
Parayko isn’t what he used to be, that was evident in the games we played against the blues. Massive overpayment here.
While I agree Parayko might not be that stud defenseman he was a couple of years ago, he's still a legit top 4 defenseman who has a history of playing with Rielly in the World Cup and they had great chemistry. He's also never had a d-partner as good as Rielly as well.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
My top forward rental choices after a quick peak are Mantha, Zucker, Kapanen, Trenin and Maroon. Not all will be available, some are in the playoff race. They should all be affordable, the first 3 would bring secondary scoring, the other two playable grit.

Reactions: uncleben

Bluebear

Nov 30, 2018
Man, if you are Treliving you have to get this team a top 6 forward, or top 4 D or something, you can't let this season from Auston Matthews go to waste, even if you don't think the team has earned it, which they have.

Auston Matthews HAS earned it, he is giving you a damn near historic goal scoring season you owe him.
I'd be ok with doing that if there was a way to trade Marner for futures in the offseason if the guys flop in the playoffs again....I think Matthews gets what he is owed on payday and maybe this is the year to take a break from pissing away assets...

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'd be ok with doing that if there was a way to trade Marner for futures in the offseason if the guys flop in the playoffs again....I think Matthews gets what he is owed on payday and maybe this is the year to take a break from pissing away assets...

Trading Marner for futures would be stupid, trading a 90+ point winger for magic beans, doesn't in ANY way make you better.

Bluebear

Nov 30, 2018
Trading Marner for futures would be stupid, trading a 90+ point winger for magic beans, doesn't in ANY way make you better.
it would be more about the shake up and replinishing cupboards after years of failure....i would just stand pat at the deadline and wait a couple years if it was me in charge. If they cleaned out the cupboards this season, failed again in the playoffs, I would see what somebody valuable could recoup in trade and Marner would be my first choice...

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Pittsburgh looking to move to get some younger gambles and rebuild on the fly. Anyone Leafs could pick off there? Eller would fill a defensive forward roll and has some term for next year. Marcus Pettersson would fill a roll in the teams top-four at a great cap number. Maybe Kyle would be interested in getting Kampf and Timmins back. Noah Gregor would give his team some speed..they need a 1st round pick and NHL ready prospects.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Pierre LeBrun on Overdrive: “The kind of conversations/offers that the Flames have had [Chris Tanev]… I was told today by someone that the Leafs probably wouldn’t rank top 3 on that list right now.”

Seems like Treliving has Tanev at the top of his free agency board. I could definitely see him sitting tight until the summer and going after him, but I wonder if he will get worried that a team trading for him will sign him.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
That's the same logic as Sens fans arguing that they'd rather have Stutzle and 5 million dollars of cap space over Matthews.

Having a star player is always better than magic beans ALWAYS

Not always. Having a single star player is great. Having a few is good too, but only when they don’t overlap in roles. Having Nylander and Marner diminishes the value of them both.

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
To Toronto-
Tanev 50% retained
Mangiapane 50% retained

To Calgary-
Jarnkrok
Reaves
Minten
Kokkonen
1st Round Pick

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Bertuzzi-Domi-Nylander
McMann-Tavares-Robertson
Holmberg-Kampf-Mangiapane

Rielly-Tanev
Brodie-Liljegren
Benoit-McCabe
Giordano

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
That's the same logic as Sens fans arguing that they'd rather have Stutzle and 5 million dollars of cap space over Matthews.

Having a star player is always better than magic beans ALWAYS
Typically yeah but having Marner assets + 11 million to sign say Brett Pesce or Matt Roy and a decent winger could make the team better off. Not saying im for it but if a change is needed thats not the worst idea

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
How about we decide our forwards are looking pretty set for the playoffs? Take tonight's lineup against the Knights and add Jarnkrok and Gregor.

The team is not perfect, we add a dman at the TDL, he has to be a big improvement over Lagesson or Giordano though.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
It’s an interesting debate if RHD or a 1G would make a bigger potential difference. Getting both would be insane but I can’t see any chance of that.

Reactions: Duffman955

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
How about we decide our forwards are looking pretty set for the playoffs? Take tonight's lineup against the Knights and add Jarnkrok and Gregor.

The team is not perfect, we add a dman at the TDL, he has to be a big improvement over Lagesson or Giordano though.

That's fine if you believe that Bobby Mcmann is real and can continue to keep this up.

If you don't, if you think It's just a hot run you need ro add a top 9 forward because once Mcmann dries up so does a lot of the secondary scoring.

Bobby Mcmann has been great but chances are Bobby Mcmann isn't this dude.

Last edited:

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
While I agree Parayko might not be that stud defenseman he was a couple of years ago, he's still a legit top 4 defenseman who has a history of playing with Rielly in the World Cup and they had great chemistry. He's also never had a d-partner as good as Rielly as well.
ummmm

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
It’s an interesting debate if RHD or a 1G would make a bigger potential difference. Getting both would be insane but I can’t see any chance of that.
I don't see them making a move for a goalie. I think they will go with Woll and Samsonov.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
That's fine if you believe that Bobby Mcmann is real and can continue to keep this up.

If you don't, if you think It's just a hot run you need ro add a top 9 forward because once Mcmann dries up so does a lot of the secondary scoring.

Bobby Mcmann has been but chances are Bobby Mcmann isn't this dude.

We don't have the assets to buy a top 9 scoring forward and at least one top 4 defenseman

To put it simply you can't buy a new Ferrari making Toyota Camry wages

Our assets need to go towards our most important need, top 4 defenseman and if that doesn't wipe us out (it probably will) then we can talk about adding to other areas

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
The forward should be Jenner and the Dman should be Tanev.

Imagine having Jenner in the top 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad