Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

I doubt it's a boys club thing but I'm sure glad no one claimed Bobby McRocket. Benoit and Samsonov were also waived at one point but I don't think anyone really thought they'd be picked up. McMann definitely felt like a possibility though. And in retrospect it seems insane that a team like Chicago or San Jose didn't grab him after putting up 0.7 goals per game last season with the Marlies.

Jones also felt like a possibility but the signing bonus made that annoying for other teams, credit Pridham there.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
If Tampa can somehow pull off a Hanifin deal I’ll lose my mind. Last thing we need is the Lightning to re-create the Left Defence they had when they had McDonagh along with Hedman and Sergachev. How they even have the assets to conceivably pull it off is beyond me.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
If Tampa can somehow pull off a Hanifin deal I’ll lose my mind. Last thing we need is the Lightning to re-create the Left Defence they had when they had McDonagh along with Hedman and Sergachev. How they even have the assets to conceivably pull it off is beyond me.
It would be silly of them to bother spending what little assets they have left on Hanifin. Even with him in the lineup, Tampa likely gets knocked out in the first round again.

Reactions: TheShape

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
To Toronto-
Hanifin (extended 7 yrs x 7.5 million aav)
Tanev (50% retained)

To Calgary-
Jarnkrok
Robertson
Reaves
Minten
Niemela
1st Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Bertuzzi-Domi-Nylander
McMann-Tavares-Holmberg
Gregor-Kampf-Steeves

Rielly-Tanev
Hanifin-Liljegren
Brodie- McCabe
Benoit

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Reactions: rumman

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
To Toronto-
Hanifin (extended 7 yrs x 7.5 million aav)
Tanev (50% retained)

To Calgary-
Jarnkrok
Robertson
Reaves
Minten
Niemela
1st Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Bertuzzi-Domi-Nylander
McMann-Tavares-Holmberg
Gregor-Kampf-Steeves

Rielly-Tanev
Hanifin-Liljegren
Brodie- McCabe
Benoit
Good luck getting any offense from that bottom 6 plus limited PKers up front. Good way to lose games 2-1

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Good luck getting any offense from that bottom 6 plus limited PKers up front. Good way to lose games 2-1

Isn't Domi on pace for more points than any bottom 6 guy we had previously? Jarnkrok was also doing really well, ditto Robertson.

I could see the middle 6 hitting the blender when healthy.

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Bertuzzi-Domi-88
Robertson-JT-Jarnkrok

Not sure on 4th line - Holmberg-Kampf-McMann

Seems cruel to McMann though, maybe he and Jarnkrok could swap and Jarnkrok could help Kampf defensively and offer an offensive threat.

Reactions: Jmo89

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
See, I'm on the other side.

I find Samsonov's tracking of the puck and his rebound control to be quite bad.

Well, definitely not the pre-waivers version, but even since, I'm not his biggest fan.
Happy Sammy has fond his game, but he’s mentally fragile, combine yhat with Woll coming off a physical injury and the G position is dubious at best imo…….

Reactions: Rare Jewel

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
Pierre LeBrun on Overdrive: “The kind of conversations/offers that the Flames have had [Chris Tanev]… I was told today by someone that the Leafs probably wouldn’t rank top 3 on that list right now.”
Brad’s that annoying guy in your fantasy football league who sends you 83 offers a year. Most of which he’s trying to get Christian McCaffrey and giving up Gabe Davis.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
I'm so down with the Leafs having a quiet deadline. We don't need a huge splashy add every deadline.

Get a couple guys who fit the team well.

Reactions: arso40

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
Pierre LeBrun on Overdrive: “The kind of conversations/offers that the Flames have had [Chris Tanev]… I was told today by someone that the Leafs probably wouldn’t rank top 3 on that list right now.”
I believe it but at the same time, other offers obviously suck or the flames would've made the trade. How many of those 3 other offers are still on the table? Why isn't Pierre trashing the offers of the other teams not #1? Just a stupid comment trying to get us to offer a 1st

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I believe it but at the same time, other offers obviously suck or the flames would've made the trade. How many of those 3 other offers are still on the table? Why isn't Pierre trashing the offers of the other teams not #1? Just a stupid comment trying to get us to offer a 1st

I think Calgary is being a bit reckless.

I think it was Lebrun or Dreger saying they're being offered a 2nd and something small for Tanev.

With Tanev's injury history, I probably wouldn't have the balls to play it till closer to the TDL unless I just scratched him for trade discussion related reasons.

Reactions: Sypher04

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'm a big draft / development guy as well, but you can walk and chew bubblegum at the same time. When legitimate assets (especially those that fit the prime years of the rest of the core become available and would instantly upgrade a notable weakness on the team, I'm more than fine moving picks and prospects for them.

What I don't want to see is continued overpayment for expiring contracts, that screw over organizational depth and development. Especially in years when it's obvious that the Leafs aren't among the top 4-5 Cup contenders.

In short, if a 27 year old, just coming into his his prime, Noah Hanifin becomes available, I'm more than fine moving multiple top tier assets for him, even if it costs 7.5-8.0 million to extend him... But HARD NO to paying insane prices for the washed up Nick Foligno's of the world.

To Calgary
1st round pick
3rd round pick
Nick Robertson or Fraser Minten
Ronnie Hirvonen or Topi Niemela

If the package looks something like that, I can handle it, but only because of specific player we're talking about and only if he's coming with a 5+ year extension.

I'm fine with that price IF he extends.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I think Calgary is being a bit reckless.

I think it was Lebrun or Dreger saying they're being offered a 2nd and something small for Tanev.

With Tanev's injury history, I probably wouldn't have the balls to play it till closer to the TDL unless I just scratched him for trade discussion related reasons.

that and 2nd and a small add is an entirely reasonable offer. If they aren’t realistic with their asks teams will find other options

Typical click bait. I'm fine with loading up in free agency, Russia, college etc. No more good assets out the door. We are close but not that close to deplete our junior ranks .

This team needs a defensive add now for the playoffs. It would be unacceptable to not make a move to bolster it if there is a deal they can make at a reasonable cost

Reactions: WTFMAN99

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
It makes sense if Tre has only been throwing out bulk 3rd round and later picks. They have no 2nds so it is either scraps or something around the 1st and one of the Flames 2nds coming back. And everything we have heard is the 1st is not in play yet so it will look this way until Tre gets more serious.

At this moment most of the other suitors in a Tanev scenario are ahead of the Leafs in the standings and therefore their picks are worse. Tampa doesn't have a 1st till 2026 and word is they may be in on Hanifin so are they even a factor?

The Leafs were said to be in on Walker but again it won't be for scraps. The issue with him is, he isn't a shut down guy and hasn't had his best success being the stay home guy for a rushing D. A good player who makes them better but is he the best fit for Mo? If they hit the right add for Rielly this defense appears to be a bit better than most of us thought.

I think 4 out of 5 times playoff rentals are a fail but this club can't sit on their hands.

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
To Toronto-
Parayko
Buchnevich

To St.Louis-
Jarnkrok
Robertson
Reaves
Minten
Niemela
1st Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Bertuzzi-Domi-Nylander
Buchnevich-Tavares-McMann
Gregor-Kampf-Holmberg

Rielly-Parayko
Brodie-Liljegren
Benoit- McCabe
Giordano

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
To Toronto-
Parayko
Buchnevich

To St.Louis-
Jarnkrok
Robertson
Reaves
Minten
Niemela
1st Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Bertuzzi-Domi-Nylander
Buchnevich-Tavares-McMann
Gregor-Kampf-Holmberg

Rielly-Parayko
Brodie-Liljegren
Benoit- McCabe
Giordano
Parayko isn’t what he used to be, that was evident in the games we played against the blues. Massive overpayment here.

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
Don't think Leafs are soft this year. We hit, don't shy from extracurriculars, stand up for each other, have a nuclear option, and don't allow empty net slap shots. Keefe will send a message and we actually bully some teams out of the building.

I'd say if we acquire a big bodied defenseman that can skate we're in the top 10. Unfortunately both Cats and Bruins are tough customers. Whoever gets through the Atlantic is going to be banged up pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad