Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
The media has now reported Markstrom and Saros rumours without linking Toronto.

This cannot stand.

We had a bargain: the media lists Toronto is every trade rumour for clicks and, in exchange, we get hope and speculation to cut through our normal boring lives.

So they've chosen violence.

Fetch my stick. It's time to crosscheck some faces.
It should make for quite the surprise then when Toronto lands one of them from what appears to be out of the blue! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Commander Clueless

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
He'd certainly cost less. Issue is if he'd be willing to extend for Tre.

In the past apparently (allegedly) had hesitation about staying in Canada. Though Toronto likely has an easier time than Calgary convincing a guy to stay

I know in the draft everyone plays friendly but he did say he'd love to come here.

McCabe waived to come here

Gardiner and JVR wanted to stay.

Kessel and Matthews both extended here.

I think we're the exception with Americans.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
If he's willing to extend, I could definitely get behind a lower key pickup like Carrier.

Probably not that net clearing presence we crave but a good player.

Could form the French connection of Benoit-Carrier.

Reactions: jaric1862

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Fifteen teams have scouts on the list for Leafs and Ducks Five - Vegas, Los Angeles, Edmonton, Dallas, Carolina - have two scouts on the list.

It looks like there could be something there with Los Angeles and Toronto.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Fifteen teams have scouts on the list for Leafs and Ducks Five - Vegas, Los Angeles, Edmonton, Dallas, Carolina - have two scouts on the list.

seems there might be something brewing between us and LA. We had 2 scouts including our AGM at their game today.

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019

Which of these teams want Bertuzzi.;)

Reactions: WTFMAN99

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga

Is this true? Haven't watched the Flames of late.

I'm still firmly on the Hanfin train. Need talent everywhere. And LHD is barren. Rielly and Hanafin play different pairings, get 23min+ a game

Last edited:
Reactions: SeaOfBlue

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

I'm still firmly on the Hanfin train. Need talent everywhere. And LHD is barren. Rielly and Hanafin play different pairings, get 23min+ a game

It's true but to be fair, if Tanev is healthy, he's the RD over Andersson on the PK not Hanifin. Tanev is great PK.

I like Hanifin but it's a 7M commitment most likely and it doesn't solve our RD problem.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

Roy for Bertuzzi straight up, both pending UFA'S

Who says no?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Andersson would still be a capable top minute defenseman to give us another high end RHD to deploy. His contract is also pretty good and fits exactly what they need for the next 3 playoffs. Hanifin will likely get close to double what Andersson makes starting next season.

But he's not without fault and this is why people that think the Leafs need to give up just about anything for him is just not fair or something that needs to happen.

Last edited:

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
We need a quality RD. Tanev would fit the team much better than Hanafin. Hanafin could be a potential replacement for Brodie in UFA, though I’d focus on Forsling if he makes it to UFA.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
We need a quality RD. Tanev would fit the team much better than Hanafin. Hanafin could be a potential replacement for Brodie in UFA, though I’d focus on Forsling if he makes it to UFA.
They should target Montour as a UFA if Florida lets him get to free agency.

Reactions: Leaffan1991

WatchOut

Feb 7, 2016
Ontario
Andersson would still be a capable top minute defenseman to give us another high end RHD to deploy. His contract is also pretty good and fits exactly what they need for the next 3 playoffs. Hanifin will likely get close to double what Andersson makes starting next season.

But he's not without fault and this is why people that think the Leafs need to give up just about anything for him is just not fair or something that needs to happen.

Andersson makes the most sense, top 2 pairing defensemen and only at 4.5m for another 2 years after this year. Which is a big deal because we will be tight in terms of cap space . I would probably do our first, plus minten for him.

Reactions: ashs and ULF_55
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad