Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Target San Jose for a Mario Ferraro + Luke Kunin package

I like Kunin for the bottom 6. Playoff type of player with some offensive upside (has 7 goals this year). If you can somehow include Kampf in the deal that would be great too.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I wonder if the first in play you could get both Fabbro and Novak from the Preds? Both could fit in quite nicely going into next year.

I like Fabbro in terms of potential but he's pretty much bottom pairing quality right now so it would be a risk. I admittedly haven't seen much of him outside of looking at his stats though, which is low TOI but doing well in those minutes but maybe that's the "buy low" move needed. I know he's a great skater with decent overall skill. He seems very similar to Liljegren.

Novak would be a huge boost to the 3rd line and center depth. He'd be the main acquisition. He's dirt cheap this season as well, but his next contract he'll get a big raise. I have a feeling Boston will get him in some way.

Last edited:
Reactions: arso40

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
To get ready for the playoffs we need defensemen that bring significant size, but functional size that can clear a net front, but also proficient at clearing the puck, must be right handed, and a sound transition game would provide big upside to our offensive group.

We're going to have to clear out whatever little we have left to get this with a reasonable level of certainty against the time crunch we have. That or we can try to get lucky in FA one year, but time is ticking.

Once Muzzy went down last year it was crazy to empty the cupboards and not address this.

Reactions: Duffman955

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
I wonder if the first in play you could get both Fabbro and Novak from the Preds? Both could fit in quite nicely going into next year.

I like Fabbro in terms of potential but he's pretty much bottom pairing quality right now so it would be a risk. I admittedly haven't seen much of him outside of looking at his stats though, which is low TOI but doing well in those minutes but maybe that's the "buy low" move needed. I know he's a great skater with decent overall skill. He seems very similar to Liljegren.

Novak would be a huge boost to the 3rd line and center depth. He'd be the main acquisition. He's dirt cheap this season as well, but his next contract he'll get a big raise. I have a feeling Boston will get him in some way.
Seems exactly like lily but who knows maybe they both turn into top 4 d but on lower cap hits

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Now he’s the guy you get to be riellys partner don’t give ‘em lily though
Andersson would be a dream but Leafs just don’t have the pieces to get him.
It won’t be just Lilly and a 1st. More like Lilly, Minten and 1st.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Andersson would be a dream but Leafs just don’t have the pieces to get him.
It won’t be just Lilly and a 1st. More like Lilly, Minten and 1st.
Got to be another way no way i give up Minten a 1st and lily only baccend piece I’m willing to part with is timmins and I don’t even want to give him up really rather trade niemela a bunch of futures and reeves or something

That's a blueline that's using a 3rd pair as a 2nd pair.....
Switch em you get the point though I much rather that and then retool in the off season with a stay at home right shot

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Got to be another way no way i give up Minten a 1st and lily only baccend piece I’m willing to part with is timmins and I don’t even want to give him up really rather trade niemela a bunch of futures and reeves or something

Switch em you get the point though I much rather that and then retool in the off season with a stay at home right shot
You trade Timmins over Niemela every time if you can.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario

Switch them and we still have 2 3rd pairings. Obviously, adding one good defenseman helps, but we need a lot of help to make out blueline better than average.

• Haha
Reactions: arso40

horner

May 22, 2007
Walker and Seeler both have been talked about what did we think of there game last night

Parayko is a bug no for me

Last edited:

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
This is the guy you move heaven and earth for

If he’s truly available, Tre needs to do his best to make him a Leaf. Every piece on the table
I don't think it's impossible. Presumably you would be looking at some combination of Knies/Cowan/Minten/1st round pick. The competition to get him would be pretty significant.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
I don't think it's impossible. Presumably you would be looking at some combination of Knies/Cowan/Minten/1st round pick. The competition to get him would be pretty significant.
Won’t pay that for sure as much as I’d love to have him we can’t be stupid about it

Reactions: horner

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Muzzin was a 1st + Durzi + Grundstrom.

He was a similar age, salary and had 1 yr left on his deal (Andersson has 2).

There's certainly a bit of a template there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad