Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Leafs scouting BUF again.

I've said it before, but go get Mittlestadt.

Another play making forward that can't seem to score enough. He's pretty solid but I don't understand the need for the assets it'll take and what he'll ask on his next contract.

I really don't think we're good trading partners at all.

If the Leafs are scouting the Sabres, it might be looking at Erik Johnson or maybe Connor Clifton on D or Girgensons for a forward. None of those options are... good.

Last edited:
Reactions: WTFMAN99 and arso40

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Food for thought tonight eh?

22 mil + about 15.5 mil coming off the books. That could absolutely change the whole makeup of this team.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Matt Roy would be a terrific RHD addition, and they are bursting at the seams with RHD.

Danault and Moore would also be high on my list of targets. Probably not really realistic, but if they are sputtering bad, maybe they want to do a shake up.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Leafs scouting BUF again.

I've said it before, but go get Mittlestadt.
They're probably scouting the teams they play against more than the Sabres tbh. Just much easier to drive to Buffalo to watch them play in person. I think they've played the Devils, Vegas, LA and I believe San Jose was another.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I'm really curious what Bertuzzi gets in the summer.

Think he takes another 1 year show me contract elsewhere?
Quality of team may very well play an important factor in his decision again. We'll have to see how he fares for the rest of the season (and playoffs?).

jiggy35

Jun 26, 2012
We need to facilitate last nights lineup moving forward, giving Mo a RD and Tavares a C: Tanev and Henrique

Something like Tanev 50% + Greer (playoff depth) + 3rd or 4th for 1st + Timmins

And

Henrique 50% for 3rd + Kampf + Steeves

Knies - Matthews - Marner/Nylander
Tavares - Henrique - Marner/Nylander
Bertuzzi - Domi - Robertson (give this line more minutes!!! Keep more gas in the tank for the top guys)
McMann/Gregor - Holmberg - Jarnkrok
Greer/Reaves

Rielly - Tanev
Brodie - Liljegren
Benoit - McCabe
Gio

*would like Roy over Tanev even more but seems less likely, if he could be had for just a slightly more valuable package.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
We need to facilitate last nights lineup moving forward, giving Mo a RD and Tavares a C: Tanev and Henrique

Something like Tanev 50% + Greer (playoff depth) + 3rd or 4th for 1st + Timmins

And

Henrique 50% for 3rd + Kampf + Steeves

Knies - Matthews - Marner/Nylander
Tavares - Henrique - Marner/Nylander
Bertuzzi - Domi - Robertson (give this line more minutes!!! Keep more gas in the tank for the top guys)
McMann/Gregor - Holmberg - Jarnkrok
Greer/Reaves

Rielly - Tanev
Brodie - Liljegren
Benoit - McCabe
Gio

*would like Roy over Tanev even more but seems less likely, if he could be had for just a slightly more valuable package.
We should be spending on the baccend only no more assets on forward but Roy,larsson or tanev for rielly and run the forward group

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
I guess you can hope
Yeah. Going on the premise we are never going to win anything win 3 or 4 11+ mil players, I think there's a deal that could be done with LA in the offseason.

If we then let Tavares walk the next offseason, 2025-26 could be a legit opportunity for us to challenge.

Obviously we'd have to get the moves correct, but it beats the fact we will never win the cup with 3 or more forwards on the roster making 11+ mil. That seems like a complete waste of time.

Reactions: arso40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad