Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
True and Kampf also cost a million more than Lafferty. You can say he did his job but there is no added value from his game.
Lafferty plays a rougher and in your face style and also a faster skater. He should had been kept instead of Kampf.

Still better Kampf this season.
Sure...although Lafferty may very well be due to make 'Kampf money' starting next season.

Last edited:

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Lafferty production was mainly bc he played with Petey for a stretch and he scored and produced.

He is a 4th liner that plays with an edge and doesn't mind using his body.
Kampf is Kampf.
To me they are about the same but Lafferty is someone who crashes the net more and plays with more sandpaper. also he is ONE million cheaper.
With all things considered, choosing Kampf over Lafferty was a mistake.

They play completely different roles. Lafferty is an energy winger. Kampf is a defensive center. Lafferty plays sheltered 4th line minutes. Kampf plays tough defensive minutes.

I would have liked to keep Lafferty too, but it was never going to be in place of Kampf.

Reactions: Buds17

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Sure...although Lafferty may very well be due to make 'Kampf money' starting next season.
That’s next year. Minten will be more ready by the. Not to mention some of the other Marlies

They play completely different roles. Lafferty is an energy winger. Kampf is a defensive center. Lafferty plays sheltered 4th line minutes. Kampf plays tough defensive minutes.

I would have liked to keep Lafferty too, but it was never going to be in place of Kampf.
Yes and No.
I think the fact that we don’t have a good defensive sound C beside AM might magnify the effect of Kampf. Lafferty can also play C and PK too.

horner

May 22, 2007
I mean... they are both UFA's, so theoretically, you could either/both for free in the summer.
Why give assets for them .
We would need both and a top 9 forward.
And we have no clue what is happening with our goaltenders.
Not the right time to be giving up a 1st or to prospects.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
That’s next year. Minten will be more ready by the. Not to mention some of the other Marlies

Yes and No.
I think the fact that we don’t have a good defensive sound C beside AM might magnify the effect of Kampf. Lafferty can also play C and PK too.
In some fairness to Treliving here, Lafferty didn't always do a whole lot of that (play on the PK, play at C) under Keefe last season. We'll have to see if potentially having Kampf over Lafferty here beyond this season proves to be more of a help or hindrance.

Reactions: Anthrax442

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
We’ll probably need to move on from Kampf this off-season. 2.4 million for a 4th line center on a cap strapped team is too much unfortunately. Luckily we have Minten who can replace him in the lineup.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
In some fairness to Treliving here, Lafferty didn't always do a whole lot of that (play on the PK, play at C) under Keefe last season. We'll have to see if potentially having Kampf over Lafferty here beyond this season proves to be more of a help or hindrance.
I think Keefe didn’t know where to put Lafferty.
Which is quite interesting as Lafferty is someone who skates, plays hard and just an average 4th liner.
I don’t think Lafferty can play at 3C. But I do believe that Keefe and Tre thought Kampf can be a 3C thus rather have Minten, Holmberg and Marlies fight for the 4C spot.
Ofcourse, that didn’t happened and Kampf was demoted to 4C which is where he should be from the beginning.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Knies - Matthews - Nylander
Jarnkrok - Tavares - Marner
Bertuzzi - Domi - Robertson
McMann - Kampf - Holmberg/Reaves

Give this a run when JT, Marner and Jarnkrok return!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad