Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Mario Ferraro would be a nice addition IMO. Under a decent contract. Blocks shots, hits, moves the puck well. Could work really well with Klingberg.
He’s been a whipping boy for Sharks fans this season.

Definitely someone I’d take a flyer on, they’d have to retain for sure. Maybe Timmins+?

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
He’s been a whipping boy for Sharks fans this season.

Definitely someone I’d take a flyer on, they’d have to retain for sure. Maybe Timmins+?
It’ll help stabilize our blueline IMO. He’d be an upgrade over Gio as well.

Rielly - Brodie
McCabe - Liljegren
Ferraro - Klingberg
Gio

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
Mario Ferraro would be a nice addition IMO. Under a decent contract. Blocks shots, hits, moves the puck well. Could work really well with Klingberg.
He isn’t better than any of the Leafs LHD. It might be better for the Leafs to move off Klingberg and RE-allocate that cap space rather than search for a partner.

Reactions: arso40

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Haven’t watched any Arizona games (not many have probably lol) but it looks like Crouse is off to a slow start. Maybe something to keep an eye on.

horner

May 22, 2007
Is he better than Ljiligren havent liked his game .
His break out passes end up on the oppositions stick.
He was really good up to the deadline last year.

• Haha
Reactions: arso40

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Jumping way ahead here, but if Woll can establish himself as the starter and with our good luck of being able to sneak Jones through waivers we could see a Samsonov trade for an upgrade at D (or to clear cap room for an upgrade). Similar to the Fuhr for Andreychuk trade back in ‘93 when Potvin took the starters job from Grant and thus made Fuhr expendable.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Rangers fans aren't as enthused with Schneider as I thought but I would love to roll the dice.

Pachal grabbed the job out of camp in Vegas too and I thought maybe a chance at Korczak but he got into the line up and has gone 3 pts in 3GP so that might be gone now.

Last edited:

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
To Toronto-
Larsson
Wright
Bjorkstrand

To Seattle-
Marner
Kampf

Then,

To Toronto-
Zadorov
Mangiapane

To Calgary-
Brodie
Jarnkrok
Robertson
2nd Round Pick

Bertuzzi-Matthews-Nylander
Mangiapane-Tavares-Bjorkstrand
Knies-Wright-Domi
Gregor-Holmberg-Reaves

Rielly-Larsson
Zadorov-Liljegren
McCabe-Klingberg
Giordano

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I think Jarnkrok is a nice little regular season player but pretty underwhelming in the playoffs a few years now.

We do need his speed so maybe there is an opportunity later to make a switch but definitely if the trend continues in the next 5-10 games, Samsonov and Kampf are going to have eyes on them.
Janrok may be exceeding his cap hit but only when he plays in the top six. 2.1 vs 800k for someone doing the same thing
We need defense not a 2.1 forward who can be replaced

Only when he plays top 6? He didn't only play top 6 last year either and you will not find a 20 goal scoring 2-way player like Jarnkrok... and no, that's not McMann or Robertson (right now).

Defensemen aren't the only people on the ice that defend... we know this right? Forwards are pretty important to the defensive structure of any team. Jarnkrok HELPS the defense.

I understand Jarnkrok has been disappointing in the playoffs but he has a long track record of doing well in the regular season and I think he'll figure it out. The sample size of the playoffs is smaller. It's really not on him that the Leafs haven't had playoff success and funny enough, the Leafs won their only playoff round in decades with him around.

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
I understand Jarnkrok has been disappointing in the playoffs but he has a long track record of doing well in the regular season and I think he'll figure it out. The sample size of the playoffs is smaller. It's really not on him that the Leafs haven't had playoff success and funny enough, the Leafs won their only playoff round in decades with him around.
I'd say the sample size of Jarnkrok in the playoffs is enough to draw conclusions. The standard sample size where you can draw conclusions in statistics is 30. He has 86 playoff games and he's scored 5 goals.

I agree with the rest of your points, he is a responsible defensive forward, he is good value for his cap hit. At the end of the day he is an established player with a long history of decreased production in the playoffs and the odds of him figuring out the playoffs now is unlikely.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Only when he plays top 6? He didn't only play top 6 last year either and you will not find a 20 goal scoring 2-way player like Jarnkrok... and no, that's not McMann or Robertson (right now).

Defensemen aren't the only people on the ice that defend... we know this right? Forwards are pretty important to the defensive structure of any team. Jarnkrok HELPS the defense.

I'd say the sample size of Jarnkrok in the playoffs is enough to draw conclusions. The standard sample size where you can draw conclusions in statistics is 30. He has 86 playoff games and he's scored 5 goals.

I agree with the rest of your points, he is a responsible defensive forward, he is good value for his cap hit. At the end of the day he is an established player with a long history of decreased production in the playoffs and the odds of him figuring out the playoffs now is unlikely.

We've all made some good points, I lean towards him not being a factor in the playoffs but he's not the most pressing problem right now because I would definitely take some type of assistance on the 3rd line in a secondary scoring role, we lack it big time right now.

Samsonov, Kampf and others are definitely guys I look at first thinking "wtf" and hope they all figure it out.

Once other things get figured out and if Jarnkrok is something you truly need to fix, you do it but bigger fish to fry first.

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
Samsonov, Kampf and others are definitely guys I look at first thinking "wtf" and hope they all figure it out.

Once other things get figured out and if Jarnkrok is something you truly need to fix, you do it but bigger fish to fry first.
I completely agree on the Samsonov and Kampf front. My understanding of the reason Jarnkrok is being discussed in trades is that unlike Kampf and Samsonov he should have positive value across the league. Any trade that's made would require money going out so Jarnkrok would be the easiest player to move in theory.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I completely agree on the Samsonov and Kampf front. My understanding of the reason Jarnkrok is being discussed in trades is that unlike Kampf and Samsonov he should have positive value across the league. Any trade that's made would require money going out so Jarnkrok would be the easiest player to move in theory.

I think they'd just need to be decent both ways and ideally PK

Matthews
Marner
Kampf
Jarnkrok
Knies
Gregor

6 PK forwards, if one is going, one needs to come in.

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
I think they'd just need to be decent both ways and ideally PK

Matthews
Marner
Kampf
Jarnkrok
Knies
Gregor

6 PK forwards, if one is going, one needs to come in.
Ideally you wan't another C in that group and that might be Holmberg.

I proposed Dellandrea+Hakanpaa for Jarnkrok+Liljegren a few days ago. Dellandrea led Dallas forwards in SH TOI in last years playoffs. His FO% on the PK was 14% which is impressively bad.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Ideally you wan't another C in that group and that might be Holmberg.

I proposed Dellandrea+Hakanpaa for Jarnkrok+Liljegren a few days ago. Dellandrea led Dallas forwards in SH TOI in last years playoffs. His FO% on the PK was 14% which is impressively bad.

Dellandrea has kinda worked out to be a 3rd line RW

I like Hakanpa but unless propped up by a really good partner, you'd want him on your 3rd pairing. Hakanpa is one of my top targets this summer for the 3rd pairing.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
It's kind of wild to realize that JT's contract only has 1 year after this one.

Next years cap situation is going to be a little f***ed.

1698070178728.png

Hard to imagine us being able to afford any of the guys on 1 year deals.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
It's kind of wild to realize that JT's contract only has 1 year after this one.

Next years cap situation is going to be a little f***ed.

View attachment 756582

Hard to imagine us being able to afford any of the guys on 1 year deals.

We'll see how it goes but Bertuzzi shouldn't be hard to retain at this rate.

It will be spicy though for sure. The Leafs at this time have around 33M of cap space for next season. There's no excuse for Treliving really. He will essentially have a clean slate to go a lot of different routes. It's all on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad