Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
It wouldn't make sense for Calgary to trade them in a single deal. They would recoup more assets trading them separately.
Robertson , Minten and a first is a serious haul. Also they are hitting free agency it's not like they are controlled. Might get close to nothing for Tanev given his injury history.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Robertson , Minten and a first is a serious haul. Also they are hitting free agency it's not like they are controlled. Might get close to nothing for Tanev given his injury history.
If this were actually on the table, it would have been done already as the Leafs would do this deal all day every day,

Reactions: Leaffan1991

jiggy35

Jun 26, 2012
the budget version is unlikely to bring a cup this year. the D will still be suspect and this trade will just make it harder to make moves that will move the needle in the right direction down the road.... should just stand pat or sell. If a cup is won this season it will be a hand of God intervention where the big contracts step up and the goaltending stands on their head...
not really it clears out 3.5m in Timmins and Kampf for next year, flexible to keep the new guys if they work.

Believe it or not we’re a top 5 offence and a little defensive stability and character guys could go a long way, may not lead to a cup but need to be more competitive going into and through the playoffs.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Laughton and/or Ristolainen would be the perfect blend of expensive and underwhelming. It's a pass for me on both.
People have been begging for Laughton for years on this board. He’s not having a banner season. I think smart hockey folks are willing to bet he can improve on his play.

Reactions: Leaffan1991

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
Laughton Risto and Tanev would be a decent enough change for this year. Out I'm assuming Brodie, Robertson.

Domi Matthews Marner
Bertuzzi Tavares Nylander
Knies Laughton Jarnkrok
Gregor Kampf Holmberg
Reeves

Rielly Tanev
McCabe Lilly
Benoit Risto
Gio

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
It wouldn't make sense for Calgary to trade them in a single deal. They would recoup more assets trading them separately.
This would fall along the lines of a 1st and two 2nds (and the 2nds already have some NHL experience). Not a bad return at all for Calgary IMO (which isn't to necessarily state that I'd like for Toronto to do this).

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
Brodie is probably easily included in most deals for a D man. The receiving team could still likely flip him for a late round pick

If Tre wants to bring in a couple players, I can see it happening that way
Brodie might be a fail-to-report situation, in which case they would have to pay to dump him.

That would make things tricky cause Tre can't fully remake the defense while he's still here.

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
Brodie might be a fail-to-report situation, in which case they would have to pay to dump him.

That would make things tricky cause Tre can't fully remake the defense while he's still here.

If the other team is not a playoff team, they would likely just deal him elsewhere or waive him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad