Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I got no sources but I just have a feeling it’s going to be a big deal.. like Hanifan and Kadri to Toronto for who the f*** knows! I don’t think Trev is out here looking for depth pieces.
I would welcome a big deal but I am not sure how Tre can make a big deal if he is not moving a big piece.

Reactions: rumman

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
He had 10 (5g) points in 7 games. He had 6 PPP but here he does not get a shot on PP1 because the big boys need to get their cookies.
Thanks so much for the correction! Looked at it a few times and knew something was very much off (and yet the brain just did not compute). I probably can't complain about the PP nearly as much as the PK and I'll still maintain that the PP units should be evenly split.

Reactions: ToneDog

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
He had 6 PPP but here he does not get a shot on PP1 because the big boys need to get their cookies.
He doesn't get a shot on PP1 because we have better PP players, and he hasn't earned it. Outside of those 7 games, he hasn't been a very good PP producer throughout his career.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I think there’s consensus among media types and people on this board that Bertuzzi is a playoff producer and warrior. He’s literally been in one playoff series his whole career.
…. Yet we are pinning all our playoff hopes on Nylander, Matthews, Tavares, and Marner. Which of this 4 big money guys have shown anything more in all their playoff appearances vs what Bertuzzi has.

I know who I’m putting money on showing up for the playoffs, if he’s still on the team….

Reactions: ToneDog

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
From the Bruins game it really sounds like Hanifin ---> Bruins

Now how Conroy and Sweeny make that happen, and why, who knows.

It doesn't look like they need him, but I suppose Prospects and retention?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
…. Yet we are pinning all our playoff hopes on Nylander, Matthews, Tavares, and Marner. Which of this 4 big money guys have shown anything more in all their playoff appearances vs what Bertuzzi has.

I know who I’m putting money on showing up for the playoffs, if he’s still on the team….

Probably the same players who show up every year.
And that's the problem.
Kerfoot best of the rest.

Leafs >= 15 games played.

1707326035051.png

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Ive seen the incaranated bob report and someone else commenting on twitter that it sounds like we are working on something decently big. Lets see where it goes
he also reported Ohtani to the Bluejays so gotta take it with a massive grain of salt but, still fun to speculate.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Should the Leafs look to inquire on Vladimir Tarasenko. It's a 1 year deal worth 5 which we can easily fit for this year. He adds some depth scoring and can be plugged anywhere on the top 2 lines to make our lineup deeper, and may even be a fit on our third line along with Domi.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'd say tonight / tomorrow morning is when you're likely to see the deal go down, if it would at all.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
It doesn't fit the western Canada rumour, but one thing that's crossed my mind is a somewhat unconventional deadline deal with the likes of Arizona/Anaheim.

Both have two things we need- an oversaturation of picks/prospects over the last 3-4 drafts (and the next couple) - potential rental, rental+1 options. Arizona has dipped into that resource pool to add Durzi already, both those teams could see more value in young NHL players to prevent being all rookies rather than yet another 2nd rounder. Tre's had some time to evaluate the team. Keefe has shown his impatience with certain players.

A Liljgren-Robertson-Reaves combinations sends out up to 3.55 in cap, with 50% retention that's 7m in players that could come back.
It's not massive, but player's like Dumba, Henrique and picks could kill two birds with one stone, address some weakness on the current roster (with re-signable players) and add some draft capital, at the cost of players we're squandering/ might not be high on.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
From the Bruins game it really sounds like Hanifin ---> Bruins

Now how Conroy and Sweeny make that happen, and why, who knows.

It doesn't look like they need him, but I suppose Prospects and retention?

Bruins fans have soured on Grzelcyk, they don't consider him a top 4 D man anymore. Hanifan is a local guy, most expect him to sign there July 1. Boston's priority should be additional firepower up front.

Boston have some interesting prospects, not sure they have the draft capital though.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Bruins fans have soured on Grzelcyk, they don't consider him a top 4 D man anymore. Hanifan is a local guy, most expect him to sign there July 1. Boston's priority should be additional firepower up front.

Boston have some interesting prospects, not sure they have the draft capital though.
Be happy to send them Bertuzzi @ 50% for our Ajax boy Poitras.

Reactions: rumman

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I would welcome a big deal but I am not sure how Tre can make a big deal if he is not moving a big piece.
Close to $13M tied up in Samsonov/Kampf/Reaves/Klingberg/Timmins. Plus the option that the other team retains salary. Plenty of room to make a big move without removing an important piece.

Reactions: SprDaVE

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
It doesn't fit the western Canada rumour, but one thing that's crossed my mind is a somewhat unconventional deadline deal with the likes of Arizona/Anaheim.

Both have two things we need- an oversaturation of picks/prospects over the last 3-4 drafts (and the next couple) - potential rental, rental+1 options. Arizona has dipped into that resource pool to add Durzi already, both those teams could see more value in young NHL players to prevent being all rookies rather than yet another 2nd rounder. Tre's had some time to evaluate the team. Keefe has shown his impatience with certain players.

A Liljgren-Robertson-Reaves combinations sends out up to 3.55 in cap, with 50% retention that's 7m in players that could come back.
It's not massive, but player's like Dumba, Henrique and picks could kill two birds with one stone, address some weakness on the current roster (with re-signable players) and add some draft capital, at the cost of players we're squandering/ might not be high on.
I am not giving up Liljegren and Robertson for bottom of the roster players and picks. Doesn't help the team now or in the future.

We aren't an old team on the cusp of a rebuild. We need players like Liljegren and Robertson moving forward unless you can get a substancial piece now to have this team take a step forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad