Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Bertuzzi's going to be that player they move and immediately produces for his new team. If he just put the puck in the net at a decent clip I bet they would be discussing an extension with him because he does have a skill set (unique for sure).

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Leafs are actively talking trades, likely with a Western team
That's about all that's being said
Thanks, figured it was much ado about nothing.

Incarcerated Bob has been pretty spot on with his stuff over the years. He’s as trustworthy as they get outside of the people who work for Bell/Rogers.
What did he say?

Reactions: uncleben

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
Bertuzzi's going to be that player they move and immediately produces for his new team. If he just put the puck in the net at a decent clip I bet they would be discussing an extension with him because he does have a skill set (unique for sure).
Bertuzzi was covet for his playoff play in summer.

Getting rid of him before he can prove he live up to his ufa hype would be pretty stupid.

It's really fake reading all the "don't care about regular season, do something in the playoffs" all year long then watching everyone write bertuzzi out the lineup

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I think there’s consensus among media types and people on this board that Bertuzzi is a playoff producer and warrior. He’s literally been in one playoff series his whole career.
And he wasn't a warrior and didn't play that great in that one losing series.
But small sample production for unsustainable and misunderstood reasons! Woo!

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Nevermind the amount of work his linemates did, or the amount of giveways which may have resulted in a net neutral results or how poor his play was in the last half of game 7

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Some of us are optimistic his playoff reviews will translate to our post season. Why is that a big deal.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Nevermind the amount of work his linemates did, or the amount of giveways which may have resulted in a net neutral results or how poor his play was in the last half of game 7
His results are void because of a bad second half in game 7?

Do you know how many players we should avoid if we're singling out fractions of series losses?

It's not fake news stating Bertuzzi had A+ reviews last Spring.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Some of us are optimistic his playoff reviews will translate to our post season. Why is that a big deal.
It's not bad to be optimistic, and we certainly need more of that around these parts, but some people would benefit from realizing that their review of his playoff last year was wrong; skewed by an unsustainably inflated production outcome in a small sample, that there is no reason to believe will happen again.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

He's a greasy player and we need more of that so I'd be hesitant as well. But this team needs a shake up and he's just not producing nearly enough for the minutes and cap space he takes. He's on pace for what... 12 goals? Leafs signed 4 players in the off-season for about 14M in cap space and they've produced 12 goals. Assists are decent though... so I guess it's not all bad.

I'd be open to almost anything with this team in terms of making a hockey trade. If they heat up somewhere else, so be it. The other fact that this team has a losing record at home is inexcusable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Menzinger

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I think there’s consensus among media types and people on this board that Bertuzzi is a playoff producer and warrior. He’s literally been in one playoff series his whole career.
It's both too early to proclaim him as a playoff producer but also unfair to judge him poorly for otherwise having played for a Detroit team that had never made the playoffs. There are both pros and cons to be gleaned from having 10 points in 7 games with a -4 rating.

Last edited:

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
His results are void because of a bad second half in game 7?

Do you know how many players we should avoid if we're singling out fractions of series losses?

It's not fake news stating Bertuzzi had A+ reviews last Spring.
I did not say they were void - but since this needle got pinned all the way

I was making comments about how i recall him playing and from my pov he was average stats aside. Sue me? ..

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Rumours that the Leafs are working on “something big” scares me way more than excites me. Pizza Boy has shown nothing but poor judgment.

I think Pizza boy is decent enough. He made some really strong acquisitions in Calgary to build a core and if Tkachuk and Gaudreau were still there, with the chemistry they have, they would have been a formidable Western Conference team.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
I got no sources but I just have a feeling it’s going to be a big deal.. like Hanifan and Kadri to Toronto for who the f*** knows! I don’t think Trev is out here looking for depth pieces.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
It's both too early to proclaim him as a playoff producer but also unfair to judge him poorly for otherwise having played for a Detroit team that had never made the playoffs. There are both pros and cons to be gleaned from having 7 points in 10 games with a -4 rating.
He had 10 (5g) points in 7 games. He had 6 PPP but here he does not get a shot on PP1 because the big boys need to get their cookies.

Reactions: rumman and Buds17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad