Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Seems like the real solution is to better distribute our resources and stop trying to twist ourselves into pretzels in an attempt to keep 4 guys who who can’t carry their weight in the playoffs.

Nah, lets keep pretending guys like David Kampf are the problem…

Who's going? Matthews, Nylander, Marner or Tavares because last I looked we just resigned the first two and the other two have full NMC

It's already done 🤣 bloody hell

Oh yeah, Kampf ******* sucks so he's a part of the problem

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Who's going? Matthews, Nylander, Marner or Tavares because last I looked we just resigned the first two and the other two have full NMC

It's already done 🤣 bloody hell

Just because it’s not getting fixed doesn’t mean it isn’t the problem.

Oh yeah, Kampf ******* sucks so he's a part of the problem

In his role, with the linemates he plays with, he’s done well. The poor guy just gets absolutely buried by Keefe.

🤣 Precisely, he's a 13th forward at best

He’s our #8….

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
It is when they aren't producing on either side of the puck. Those teams either have guys contributing offense, or have guys that are really solid defensively in their bottom 6.

We don't need much from the bottom 6, but having a few more guys who could chip in like Robertson or Holmberg wouldn't hurt and redistributing the $4M we're paying Kampf/Reaves to guys that would actually help us would be beneficial.

We need better bottom 6ers, I’m just not sure how that idea ties into what we’re spending on the forwards that are actually producing. Good teams have cheaper bottom-6s than us, spending more doesn’t fix our problem. The only place we really need to spend more is replacing whatever pro scouts signed off on the cast of expensive misfits we have down there now.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
We need better bottom 6ers, I’m just not sure how that idea ties into what we’re spending on the forwards that are actually producing. Good teams have cheaper bottom-6s than us, spending more doesn’t fix our problem. The only place we really need to spend more is replacing whatever pro scouts signed off on the cast of expensive misfits we have down there now.
Jesse puljijarvi should have been signed good defensive forward that shores up the kampf line with holmberg

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Seems like the real solution is to better distribute our resources and stop trying to twist ourselves into pretzels in an attempt to keep 4 guys who who can’t carry their weight in the playoffs.

Nah, lets keep pretending guys like David Kampf are the problem…
Where’s the logic in paying your phone bill while ignoring your mortgage, won’t get you anywhere, this is the same about complaining about Kampf while the big problem is the entitled four, or at least some of the entitled four…….

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: arso40

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
We need to build lines not put a bunch of players together I agree expensive isn’t necessarily better

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
David Kampf isn’t THE problem, but he is A problem. And no, he’s not a 3rd liner nor has he done well considering his deployment.

He’s been bad.

They need to move out the dime a dozen players asap. This is a sell year. Its not even a tre issue, its the result of Dubas running out of asset capital and taking what you can from the clearance bin.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
David Kampf isn’t THE problem, but he is A problem. And no, he’s not a 3rd liner nor has he done well considering his deployment.

He’s been bad.
Considering he’s supposedly an asset faceoff wise, it’s interesting he has the worst percentage of our four centers. Apart from his PK work, guy has been mostly useless this year. Really disappointing, and his line still gave up goals post Reaves out, says a lot too. He isn’t a positive atm.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Considering he’s supposedly an asset faceoff wise, it’s interesting he has the worst percentage of our four centers. Apart from his PK work, guy has been mostly useless this year. Really disappointing, and his line still gave up goals post Reaves out, says a lot too. He isn’t a positive atm.

Yeah, and our PK sucks this year too. Not that Kampf is solely responsible for that by means but still

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007

Calgary just picked up a dman off waivers.

If this leads to a tanev trade what would be an overpayment?

If he ends up elsewhere for a reasonable cost I’d be kinda upset.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Available for trade in my books. And anyone else with term that gets a decent return. Load up this years picks.

Bert
Domi
Gio
Brodie

Reactions: rumman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad