Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
So he cant do the defensive Job asked of him and he brings zero offence all at the low low price of 2.4M * 4
Asking a 2.4 million dollar C to shutdown top lines with barely NHL wings is not reasonable, and yet you could argue he's almost/barely getting the job done.

Reactions: SeaOfBlue

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Asking a 2.4 million dollar C to shutdown top lines with barely NHL wings is not reasonable, and yet you could argue he's almost/barely getting the job done.

He could do a job when we had Engvall, he's been baaad since

He does nothing offensively so his only value to the team is defensive

He makes to much for to long not to be successful in the one job asked of him

Reactions: arso40

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
Never proposed Marner for Keller but there are many things I prefer in Keller’s play style to Mitch’s. Just don’t love Mitch’s play style.
I don't find Keller to very dynamic. That's not a bad thing. Him and Barzal are complimentary players. Mitch makes too many junior bone-headed plays still. If he ever got his head straight and played good sound hockey he could be Dougie 2.0 (without the aggression).

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I don't find Keller to very dynamic. That's not a bad thing. Him and Barzal are complimentary players. Mitch makes too many junior bone-headed plays still. If he ever got his head straight and played good sound hockey he could be Dougie 2.0 (without the aggression).

Yeah sometimes it’s good just to have a playmaker who does the connective work and plays with good flow.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
My buddy who is a bit more into the advanced stats me is saying that Roy is probably top 15 league wide for PK...not sure if it's actually true but a guy that's actually good at pking and a right shot? Sold.

4-5 years at 5-5.85M range ideally.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Some of the prices are already looking really stupid this deadline ... which is kinda the usual but still... Leafs shouldn't do much this year. Not worth it.

Figure it out in the summer. There will be a few good d man to be had. They can retool then for just money.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
My buddy who is a bit more into the advanced stats me is saying that Roy is probably top 15 league wide for PK...not sure if it's actually true but a guy that's actually good at pking and a right shot? Sold.

4-5 years at 5-5.85M range ideally.

Matt Roy is who I want.

Top 4 RHD. 6 2. 28 years old.

Rielly. Roy
Mcabe. Xxxx
Benoit. Lilly

Is good. I would want a Demelo/pesce there. But then I don’t know if we have enough puck moving.

Almost want niemela to make the jump as pp2.

Orrrrr really just let Marner do it

Reactions: WTFMAN99

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Matt Roy is who I want.

Top 4 RHD. 6 2. 28 years old.

Rielly. Roy
Mcabe. Xxxx
Benoit. Lilly

Is good. I would want a Demelo/pesce there. But then I don’t know if we have enough puck moving.

Almost want niemela to make the jump as pp2.

Orrrrr really just let Marner do it

Weegar would be nice, has some offense to his game.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
If we could get him I would be all in.

Lilly and a 1st? Maybe?

Depends on when we did the trade but I would be open to something like;

Weegar
2nd

for

1st
Liljegren
Holmberg
Abrusezze (apparently they have interest because of the Coronato connection)
3rd
5th

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
I'd take Weegar in a heart beat.

The shut down centre is crap.

Vegas just has 4 lines and their job is to go out and be better than the line across from them.

Dubas tried to build the team with low event defensive guys to buy time for the big guys to go back out.

Vegas has the cap structure to spend 2-3 million on effective 4th liners.

Reactions: rumman

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
$6.25m till he's 37 would be a massive anchor. in a couple of years.

He's 30 now, believe it runs until he's 36, some guys can go that long.

I suspect in about 4 years, it won't be a fun deal but if we haven't won in 4 years, other changes are likely happening, will be transitioning to a rebuild.

I can't see Matthews staying unless we make a lot deep runs for his contract duration now.

Reactions: Duffman955

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
You’re talking about the Morgan Geekie who gets sheltered even strength minutes and plays 2 seconds per game on the PK?

Yep, someone younger with a good pro frame who can be put into a bottom six role and grow their career, contribute and come in at a cheap price.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
How much capspace do the Leafs have to facilitate a trade? From capfriendly, it says zero but i realize there is LTIR involved. Is it a simple case of equal dollars in / out for a trade to happen? Or do the leafs have capspace to accommodate say a 3.5M cap coming in?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
How much capspace do the Leafs have to facilitate a trade? From capfriendly, it says zero but i realize there is LTIR involved. Is it a simple case of equal dollars in / out for a trade to happen? Or do the leafs have capspace to accommodate say a 3.5M cap coming in?

When healthy and with a 23 player lineup, around 1.7M in cap space.

They only have zero right now because of Woll and McMann injured and not on LTIR, which opens up roster space but not cap space.

Reactions: arso40

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
When healthy and with a 23 player lineup, around 1.7M in cap space.

They only have zero right now because of Woll and McMann injured and not on LTIR, which opens up roster space but not cap space.
I am more so curious about the goalie conundrum when Woll is finally able to play. I am assuming we are going to be carrying 3 goalies forward or Jones go on the waivers?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I am more so curious about the goalie conundrum when Woll is finally able to play. I am assuming we are going to be carrying 3 goalies forward or Jones go on the waivers?

They will probably try to carry 3 goaltenders until they can't anymore. But if they have to make a roster move, I'd expect Jones to go on waivers.

Reactions: Leaf Rocket
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad